• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Brought to you by BuffettGirl. I could save them 1K, because I'd do it for free!

[....]
The California-based restaurant chain Farmer Boys are looking for a bacon intern to get paid for tasting bacon for a day.

Applicants should be at least 18 years of age and have a public Instagram account.

To apply, post an image on your Instagram account explaining why you would be the best Bacon Intern for Farmer Boys by August 20. Make sure to tag @FarmerBoysFood and use #FarmerBoysBaconIntern in your caption.

After August 20, Farmer Boys says it will review all applicants and publicly notify the winner on August 27.

The winner will receive $1,000 for eight hours of bacon tasting at Farmer Boys!

Form more information on the campaign, visit the Farmer Boys website.

Why is my gut telling me it's not real bacon?

I bet you this is some fucking BS BaconBeyond shit or something.
I had the same suspicion so searched the name. Nope, it's a clever advertising gimick this time. It's cheap to spread the word via media and cheap to pay off the winner.
That said, much as I love all types of fermented and cured veggies and legumes, there is no vegetable substitute for good charcuterie.

PS: Apparently this chain has huge onion rings. I'd be happy to eat a meal of nothing but onion rings.

Back