• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...en-self-in-murder-suicide-cops-say/ar-BBPmi0b

An Alabama therapist on Friday fatally shot the mother of a 7-year-old patient before turning the gun on himself, The Birmingham News reported, citing authorities.

Jonathan Neil Coffman, 43, fatally shot Sunshine Pauly, 36, outside her Monrovia home, authorities said. Pauly’s son was reportedly Coffman’s patient.

Mady County Sheriff’s Deputies received a call around 10:00 a.m. by a woman saying a man with a gun was inside her home, WHNT-TV reported.

By the time deputies arrived the man and the woman were both dead from gunshot wounds.

Lt. Donny Shaw described the incident as a “murder-suicide.” The boy was home during the shooting but was unharmed, Shaw said. He is reportedly being taken care of by family members.

Deputies said Coffman was a therapist at the Arc of Madison County. The Arc released a statement saying that it did not provide "services to the victim's family. We want to provide space for the authorities to investigate this matter."

Investigators remained on the scene to collect evidence. Further details were not provided.

Monrovia is located in Northern Alabama, about a 20-minute drive from the Tennessee border.

Well, that's confusing. The kid was a patient but the therapist's employer state they did not provide services to the family . . . was he treating the kid privately? And ARC is for people with intellectual disabilities. xccc

I'm going to guess that he met them elsewhere and 'unofficially' treated the kid (using his employment to reassure mom) and had something going on with mom.

Or, he learned via therapy sessions with the kid that mom was doing something horrible to him and he took the her out to save the kid.

Well, that's confusing. The kid was a patient but the therapist's employer state they did not provide services to the family . . . was he treating the kid privately? And ARC is for people with intellectual disabilities. xccc

I'm going to guess that he met them elsewhere and 'unofficially' treated the kid (using his employment to reassure mom) and had something going on with mom.
Or with the kid, and mom found out.

There's definitely a lot more to this story. I'm sure they'll question the kid but not sure if there will ever be a satisfactory conclusion.

That kid is going to need therapy...
um...more...real therapy.
From a non-a-hole therapist.

Back