• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

One of the most popular theme parks in France has been forced to modify a popular ride after guests accused the attraction of being racist.

The Africa Cruise ride at Nigloland in north eastern France has been at the park for several decades, having first been installed in 1987. However, the popular attraction was sparked outcry after a video of the ride surfaced last week.

A park guest who goes by @Astrotoujours on Twitter posted a video of his experience, with a series of comments.

He said: "I went to Nigloland and saw that. I wanted to know if you found it normal??"

The footage showed a section of the cruise where there were two people climbing up a tree while an angry rhino is just beneath them.

One of the figures was white and wearing a colonial-style safari outfit while another, who was black, was wearing a fez and holding a bunch of bananas.

The ride also featured problematic dialogue according to France 24 -- the black character apparently spoke in an audibly African accent and called the white person “boss.”

The viral post sparked backlash against the park with many accusing it of being racist.

One person wrote: "@Nigloland caricatured accent, banana? Do you find that normal [?]”

Another said: "It's shocking it looks like the racist jokes of the colonial era."

In response, the park decided to close the ride last weekend.

In a statement on Twitter, the park apologized to the public for any offense they have caused.

The park also took steps to modify the ride, reportedly by removing the banana and the speech.

Since changing the ride however, many have come out in support of the park.

One wrote on Twitter: "Serious. ... where it will stop!!! Must be stupid to see racism there."

Another said: "For us (people who live in France) they have an accent... so I find earlier that the attraction is realistic ... I do not understand where is the racism in the attraction...."

A spokesperson for the park told Sun Online Travel: "Since 2013, 4.6 million passengers have rode on this attraction and it's one of their favorite attractions for visitors,” the rep said.

For the lumpheads who constantly see and call racism, why not blame GOD? Afterall it is HIS creation. Oh I forgot, most of the bolshevik communist ahasverus marxists are also atheists. So who is it that “chose” their special little hooknosed tribe then?

Latest posts

Back