• You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

DIAFplease

New phone, who dis?
Bold Member!
Oh. My. God. What an episode! I guess they were like, screw you and your 2000 zombie parade FTWD, we'll do you one better!

It was just an amazing episode but I knew from the promos that it wasn't going to end well because they showed them running all panicked with the walkie talkies. There was a lot of funny and intensity and Rick is an eye patch away from being the Governor. If you recall, The Governor told Andrea that if he "had been like this from the beginning, he wouldn't have lost his daughter." So, yeah, Rick is damn near of the same mind but his group is the only thread tying him to his humanity.

If it were me? I would have firebombed that pit over the course of a few weeks and set up something to keep drawing walkers to it, really if they fortified the top exit (if they had time to line up all those cars and make the walls, they had time to drive more trucks to that spot too) but I guess that wouldn't be as exciting as Daryl on a motorcycle leading a horde. Which was super amazing.<3<3

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Mata Hari

Dirty Gutter Bitch
If it were me? I would have firebombed that pit over the course of a few weeks and set up something to keep drawing walkers to it,

I agree and that is the only thing that bothered me about the episode. They could have just torched those fuckers with some gasoline and watched them burn.

ScarlettHarlot

Gasoline is a finite and valuable resource, so I get not using that (strictly speaking, all the remaining gas by this point of the end of the world would be stale, but hey, bodies that don't have functioning circulatory and respiratory systems can't move either, so hey ho). However, housefires demonstrate that we have plenty of flammable materials in the world that they could scavenge to get that pit burning.

Daryl and Morgan are aware of the group that set up a zombie trap though, and Rick mentioned it in this episode, so perhaps if they'd played up the angle of not wanting that pit turned into a weapon against them, people might have been more forgiving. I still think emptying the pit of walkers should have been a back up plan, and more thought gone into how to destroy them while contained, after securing the two exits.

Anyone else think that Eugene is actually pretty damn endearing now?
I was surprised by how affected I felt when he was cowering before that gun, and glad when Rick pulled his wild west sheriff move, showing up at just the right moment. Also how happy he was to see Tara.
I used find Eugene, Abraham etc some welcome comic relief, but I'm surprised how much I've grown to like Eugene in particular. I want him to stay.

@Morbid - Are you still hate watching? What did you think?

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
Eugene still acts like if he smiled, he'd crack right in two. I get it, tho, he has issues. LOL

Morbid

Big Daddy Yum Yum
Staff member
@Morbid - Are you still hate watching? What did you think?
I was entertained, but they did nothing whatsoever to sway my opinion that Rick and his clan are alive by sheer, dumb luck. They are the stupidest survivors in this apocalypse and manage to fuck up any group of people (all doing better than they were) they happen to stumble across.

The plan to clear the pit and lead the thousands of zombies... where, exactly? Was the dumbest move yet. A fucking squirrel and a horn will capture a zombie horde's attention... so exactly how far out did you plan on leading these corpses before figuring there was no possibility of them doubling back because a dog farted behind them.

The best plan was to have daily rounds of zombie killing while they were contained. In the time it took those idiots to come up with that plan, build retainer walls and then enact the plan, they could have equipped everyone in that neighborhood with crude bow and arrows and let them blow off some steam at the quarry.

ScarlettHarlot

I was entertained, but they did nothing whatsoever to sway my opinion that Rick and his clan are alive by sheer, dumb luck. They are the stupidest survivors in this apocalypse and manage to fuck up any group of people (all doing better than they were) they happen to stumble across.

The plan to clear the pit and lead the thousands of zombies... where, exactly? Was the dumbest move yet. A fucking squirrel and a horn will capture a zombie horde's attention... so exactly how far out did you plan on leading these corpses before figuring there was no possibility of them doubling back because a dog farted behind them.

The best plan was to have daily rounds of zombie killing while they were contained. In the time it took those idiots to come up with that plan, build retainer walls and then enact the plan, they could have equipped everyone in that neighborhood with crude bow and arrows and let them blow off some steam at the quarry.
20 miles was apparently how far they were going to lead them. Yes, they apparently had time to build a twenty mile container wall using trucks/cars and giant steel plates, but securing the two quarry exits was just unworkable...

DIAFplease

New phone, who dis?
Bold Member!
They didn't do a 20 mile wall which is why when the horn started blasting, they scattered into the woods. Fucking zombies and their ADD ... oh shiny. I just cannot imagine what the fuck they can possibly hope to do? That many zombies roaming cannot be killed or stopped. 20 miles is nothing for 20,000 walkers, they could easily meander right on back. Killing them in the pit would have been just as interesting to watch.

ScarlettHarlot

Yeah, I got confused, but rewatched it yesterday and he said that Daryl, Abraham and Sasha were going to lead them another 20 miles away. My bad. I still think that in the time they set up the wall that they did make, and the procession, and the helium filled balloons, that they could have used those resources to shore up the quarry exits.

DIAFplease

New phone, who dis?
Bold Member!
Sunday's episode is right there with episode A for me. I. Loved. It. I cannot complain about anything. It's funny, when I saw Morgan at the end of last season I was so happy to see him because Clear was such an awesome episode but now, I'm like - dude, I understand, we don't want to kill the living, I get it. I totally do but for Christ sake when they come in there hacking at folks with machetes? Sorry, their human card is revoked. Carol, oh, sweet sweet Carol. So much awesome and did anyone else feel like Carl has gone very housewifey? Was that intentional? Him pushing the stroller, him losing his toughness when the guy was fake crying and pulling the casserole out at the end?

Also, much respect for Inid, I didn't really care about her character before (still think she is a Wolf) but eating that turtle (barf) raw? Pretty metal, indeed.

DIAFplease

New phone, who dis?
Bold Member!
Aww, hey pookie. I watched JLAW carrying Aziz Ansari around on her back like a monkey, does that count?

ScarlettHarlot

Awesome episode. Up there in my top five, along with 'A', 'The Grove', 'Clear', and the pilot.

I know a lot of people were pissed about Morgan going for the 'let them live' thing, and no doubt that will come back to haunt the group, and his attitude will adjust as time goes on; but I think that's a very conscious choice, with plenty of hints dropped that he met someone who influenced him greatly between the holed up survivalist we saw in Clear, and him tracking down our group. That he walked into Alexandria to see Rick shooting a man execution style, and Carol going ninja badass - he's very unsure about this group dynamic. I loved how they played Carol and Morgan off against each other the whole episode, acting as foils for each other.

Carl's hesitation to kill the dude who's begging for mercy in front of the girl he wants to impress and the dude who's competing for that girl - also bearing in mind that they've seen his dad go full crazy a couple of times, including putting down said competition's dad - makes perfect sense to me. It fits with the way his character is evolving. But getting close enough for the guy to grab his gun was cheap writing... I don't think Carl would make that mistake, it was just a cheap way to give him a 'reason' to put him down.

I liked the cassarole bookending the episode too - with happy home-maker Carol putting it in after playing her role to the hilt, then shit going down and the badass Carol coming out, and the timing telling us exactly how long the raid lasted. We don't get enough things that help us track time in this series. Carl taking it out in a "yes, shit went down, but it's just another day at the end of the world" kind of way was a nice touch, in my view.

I've seen a lot of people postulate that Enid is a baby wolf. I see no evidence in the series to make me believe that. At least I don't think she is yet. I think that idea comes from comic fans who are trying to predict from the storylines that the TV series has deliberately jumbled up.

DIAFplease

New phone, who dis?
Bold Member!
I knew that idiot was going to do something stupid when he started spacing out but when it happened, I screamed like someone was killing my loved one! Like a long hysterical holler then I cried for 10 minutes and nearly had heart attack when the shit with Rick went down. Man, that was the worst episode yet and so unexpected. I was so upset and I have never been affected by a tv show or movie like that, ever. Ruined my whole night.

I will say, they made it seem on Talking Dead that he either isn't dead yet or there will be some sort of "resolution." Maybe he'll get to say goodbye or something but the idiot fell on top of him so that rush of red may not have been him but Jeezy Chreezy, that was one of the most intense episodes in the history of all television. My heart broke into a million pieces, the look on his face and knowing exactly who he was thinking about. It was too much to bear and I need some fricken grief counseling now!

Mata Hari

Dirty Gutter Bitch
So, here's my thought... Glen is dead. There is no fucking way that he could get away from all those walkers even if was the other dudes guts being ripped and eaten on top of him. If he's not dead, this will be at least the 2nd time everyone thought he was dead and he survives. Could Rick get the camper started and drive through the walkers and save Glen, that can't happen because he doesn't even know where he is. I think the only hope for Glen will have to be some new person who sets off an explosion or some shit, while he lies covered in the other guys guts and blood waiting till they're gone.

Now Rick, Rick my psycho love - there is absolutely no fucking way he will die. I just cannot imagine the show without him. Someone will come get his ass or at least the camper will suddenly start or some other miracle shit.

I thoroughly enjoyed the episode but I didn't like how it ended with no definitive answers about Glen or Rick. I am looking forward to next week, a lot!!!

DIAFplease

New phone, who dis?
Bold Member!
Exactly. Michonne and them are back in Alexandria, Daryl is back herding walkers, Rick has no idea where he is or that he's even hemmed up. I cannot imagine him surviving, even if that guy fell on top of him, his face and neck were completely exposed and that many zombies falling on you in a feeding frenzy, there is just no way. I am going to hope. There is a "surprise" guest on TD next week so I am not super hopeful.

The cut on Rick's hand though, could elude to another comic storyline.

DIAFplease

New phone, who dis?
Bold Member!
Wait, Glen did talk to Rick when he was running, he said he was going to burn the feed store and if he didn't see smoke then the herd was still coming their way, soooooo?????

Mata Hari

Dirty Gutter Bitch
Wait, Glen did talk to Rick when he was running, he said he was going to burn the feed store and if he didn't see smoke then the herd was still coming their way, soooooo?????

I heard about Rick's arm getting amputated in the comics and yes, they talked but no way Rick would find him in that particular alley with that many walkers all around. Then again, this is a show about the Zombie Apocalypse, so yeah.

DIAFplease

New phone, who dis?
Bold Member!
Well, the governor cut it off ages ago and with Meryl ending up like that I thought they wouldn't go that route. Some shit goes down in Alexandria that "awakens" Rick to what he's become so this season is so fucked, start to finish but so far no sign of Nagan?

Someone posted in some comments some where that Glenn's name still shows up in filming in 2016 BUT they do love a flash back so, who knows?

Last edited:

Macabre

Black Cat Mafia
Bold Member!
I hate the Glenn cliffhanger.
Glenn should die the right and proper way.
With his skull bashed in by ol' Lucille.
There is a lot of intensity to these episodes which makes me feel like we are on the on ramp to Negan. I hope so, anyways.
Negan makes the Gov look like a pussy.

Staff online

Members online