• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Smiley Face Killers

This is interesting and I have never heard of it. I stumbled onto it while reading about William Hurley (they found him dead in the charles river today by the way) People seem to think that William's death fits in with the smiley face killers and I have read on other blogs that there was a smiley face grafitti close to the scene.

What do you think? Are the smiley face killers real or imagined?

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Story?id=4738621&page=2

http://sfkillers.com/

Smiley Face Killers
September 20th, 20091,414 comments
In the past 12 years, more than 70 young men with bright futures and vibrant personalities have either drowned or disappeared under similar circumstances. Despite what you’ve heard, not all the men were intoxicated when they were last seen.

Emmy Award-winning investigative reporter Kristi Piehl first exposed the possible connection between the mysterious drowning deaths in 2008 on Good Morning America. Piehl is now working closely with several families of the victims including, Bill Szostak, the father of Josh Szostak.

Click here to watch Bill and Kristi’s 3/23/09 interview on Good Morning America. Click here to see their 4/4/09 CNN interview.

It is time to give the victims justice and to deliver answers to their grieving families and friends. We must also warn our sons and brothers so the murders and mourning can stop.

If you haven’t visited this website before, there are some earlier posts that contain video, research and articles that you’ll only find on this site.

What happened to Josh Szostak after he walked out of a bar? His bizarre behavior is caught on tape.

Are college-aged men really at a higher risk for drowning? Read Piehl’s research.

Read the facts and decide if the similarities between the victims and their deaths are connections or coincidences.

Click here to read about the tragic connection two families share.

If you have information that could help solve these cases or you are a family member looking to connect with other families, please email us - kristi@sfkillers.com or bill@sfkillers.com.

Kristi PiehlUncategorized
Investigation Update
September 30th, 200943 comments
It isn’t in word clues. It isn’t in graffiti. It isn’t in poems. The keys to solving these cases is simple: it’s reopening each case one at a time and proving the victims did not accidentally drown, but were murdered. If these young men were killed, then there should be evidence to prove it and I’m talking about the kind of evidence that could be used in a court of law.

Several months ago, Trish DeAngelis, a lawyer and former District Attorney in New York, agreed to review case files from around the country. She has an extensive background with homicide cases and a track record of convicting killers. DeAngelis frequently relied on the expertise of forensic pathologists to crack unsolved homicides and violent crimes. DeAngelis asked a respected and experienced forensic pathologist and medical examiner to look at autopsy photographs and reports related to these drownings.

Through their analysis, research and fresh interviews with witnesses and family members, we continue to find significant evidence overlooked by the original investigators. When there is conclusive evidence in a case, a report will be presented to local officials. We are in the process of doing that now.

Our goal is to uncover evidence in cases that will convince local officials to reopen cases and reclassify them as homicides.

I heard quite a bit about this theory in the spring or thereabouts - seems to have enough 'evidence' to alert law enforcement to this possibility.

- very macabre if true

I heard quite a bit about this theory in the spring or thereabouts - seems to have enough 'evidence' to alert law enforcement to this possibility.

- very macabre if true

I am reading about it now....its very interesting and VERY macabre. Poor William Hurley fits it to a tee.

He had -had 4 beers and left a Bruins game early. He called his girlfriend for a ride, they talked until his phone died and she heard a male in the background respond to williams question about the address.

She rounds the corner 1 to 2 minutes later and he was nowhere to be found...and now they find him dead in The Charles. Keys and wallet on him. Not robbed. Other blogs have said that there was a smiley face close to the scene.

I wonder if this gang really does exist and preys on young college men.

All I know is I hope Mister Smiley Face Killer hits my town soon. I am imagining targets on the backs of all the emo boys that cluster on the porch of my favorite bar.

lol! I don't think they go for emo......sounds like they go for the striped shirt, white hat, abrocrombie and fitch type. Whatever it is. Its scary.

Your favorite bar has a porch? I want one.

CNN Coverage of Smiley Face Killings

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4PjrnNWcwE"]YouTube - Smiley Face Killer Part One[/ame]

Back