• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Kitty

~KITTY!
Bold Member!
Ok I know many of you are way cooler gamers than I, with your FPS and awesome hand/eye co-ordination, but I have a small God-complex and the Sims feeds that very nicely! And I know there are at least a few other SimRulers around here--I'm recycling my perspective of Sims3 from my Star Wars (I told you I was a geek!) Forum because I'm too lazy to edit it to fit here.

OMGOMG!! I've gotten quite a few hours logged on Sims3 now, and lovelovelove it!

Sim creation is phenominal. No more just mashing various features together, and of course like Sims2 you can set your hair & accessories for each outfit. Building homes are a lot more fun and creative now as you are not only allowed to build on the diagonal-but you can decorate on the diagonal too! I've had a blast setting my televison diagonally into a corner and setting my chairs and sofas diagonally for better viewing pleasure!

But what I've been messing with alot is the customizer tools. You know when you get tired of the same old brown chair and washed out wallpaper, You can change the color-to WHATEVER you want, think the Microsoft custom color wheel- got a certain color or pattern you like? Hit save and it's there forever!

Still getting used to the traits, skills and job promotion-as it's not entirely clear what you need to perform to get your promotions at work (though my Sim with the "ambitious" trait and has steadily been promoted with no real effort at skill building on my part. In previous Sims, mood was important for life rewards and to get your Sim motivated, it still is; however, the modifiers for mood are more clear and easier to achieve and maintain-for instance- Sims enjoy pretty homes/rooms (recall Sims2 'environment' need) make the lot pretty, or put up some nice paintings and your Sim recieves a + mood modifier, leave dirty dishes or garbage laying around and you'll recieve a negative mood modifier.

Getting around town-VERY nice! I hated taking Sims2 sims anywhere due to the long and annoying load screens; Now it's instantaneous! When you choose to have your Sim leave their lot, they will choose the best way to get to their destination, whether it's walking/running, riding a bicycle, driving their own car, or taking the ever reliable taxi. Around town you can go to City Hall, Library, Bookstore, Supermarket, Parks and much much more. Remember the annoying surfing the web/searching the newspaper to find your Sim's dream job? Search NO more! You can go directly to the building and "get career" want to be a Mad Scientist? Go on over to the Science Reasearch Facility and apply! Also, if your Sim wants to have babies, there is no more dropping it right there in front of everybody-Mommies to be now have the "Go to Hospital" option. If your Mommy to be decides to go to the hospital, the Daddy to be drops everything and races to be by her side (as long as you have a babysitter for any other Sim children at home)

I mentioned Lifetime Rewards earlier, the set up isn't as easy to use as it was in Sims2, however you get more selection, including a few options to change your Lifetime Acheivement (maybe you really didn't want to be a mad scientist afterall) as well as the usual 'comfort' reductions like reducing the need to pee or eat so much, and a few really neat ones like "discount entertainment" or "complimentary dining" which are as they say, you can go to concerts, movies and ball games for less, and dine out for free.

Overall, I am having a blast with this new rendition of Sims, the game is awesome as is, but I'm certain there are tons of expansions in the future, and I for one, am looking forward to them!

http://www.thesims3.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8Qq0xBvl20

Can't get the stupid video to embed-- so there's the link :p

Last edited:
Definitely a Sims lover here. Right now I'm feeding my God complex by playing Virtual Families. Not the same at all.
Anyway, I had all the expansion packs for Sims1 and then moved to Sims2. Only bought a few for that game because I knew Sims3 would be around the corner. Can't wait to get my game.

Definitely a Sims lover here. Right now I'm feeding my God complex by playing Virtual Families. Not the same at all.
Anyway, I had all the expansion packs for Sims1 and then moved to Sims2. Only bought a few for that game because I knew Sims3 would be around the corner. Can't wait to get my game.

Hahaaha, I'm playing Virtual Families as well, don't ya hate that they barely make any money, the only thing I'm missing is the pinball and treadmill, I play it while cleaning house, plays itself

I have ALL the expansions for 1 & 2 except the Ikea Stuff.. but that's on principle-cuz I don't dig Ikea.. However, when my daughter was in Paris and seen this store, the only thing she thought of was Sims!
DSC01565.jpg

oh man a sims thread! awesome! i too cant handle the smash smash smash of certain buttons on 'conventional' video games....and i love playing "GOD" with my sims...i only have the sims2...yeah, im late as hell...but i love love LOVE 'em!...i'm a sicko too...when i get bored i find various ways to kill them...yea thats kinda cruel DONT TELL ME YOU HAVE NEVER DONE IT! :rofl:

Back