• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
"Boom boom boom, I like the way you walk..."

Post automatically merged:

"... well, the blue light was my blues, and the red light was my mind, all my love's in vain"

"I got dead shrimps, and someone's fishing in my pond..."

"Two highways lay before me, which one will I choose
Down one lane I'd find happiness and down the other I would lose
There is no one that I can trust, I must decide alone
My decision is an awful one, which road will take me home..."

The one on the right was gifted to me and due for a total makeover soon.

Last edited:
"Boom boom boom, I like the way you walk..."

"... well, the blue light was my blues, and the red light was my mind, all my love's in vain"

"I got dead shrimps, and someone's fishing in my pond..."

"Two highways lay before me, which one will I choose
Down one lane I'd find happiness and down the other I would lose
There is no one that I can trust, I must decide alone
My decision is an awful one, which road will take me home..."

The one on the right was gifted to me and due for a total makeover soon.

Ooh, you have resonators!! And.... all the things! <3

Ooh, you have resonators!! And.... all the things! <3

The resos are my very faves, along with the F-hole archtop. ;)

My dad would ask, "Why so many, you can only play one at a time?", and I'd tell him,
"each one has a different sound, distinct to it's style, with different tones from different woods."
And then I'd ask him, "if you won the lotto, would you have a different type of piano in every room?"
And he suddenly understood what I meant, and why I have so many.
He was a classical trained concert pianist.

Last edited:
I'd like to get my plywood Fender acoustic back, but I sold it so I could eat. It's gone. I haven't really seen guitars I like at the pawn shop, but the one does have quite a few fiddles. I think I could handle a fiddle without aggravating the carpal tunnel in my left wrist. And I impressed myself when I managed to play the intro to "Faded Love" without even having any sheet music.

--Al

I'm more of an appreciator than a player ... I played the piano when i was a kid. Puff the magic dragon was my favourite song to massacre. My parents bought me head phones that plugged into it ... I must have really sucked at it.

One wouldn't use the same screwdriver to fix one's glasses that one would use to adjust the points on a '57 Chevy.

--Al

Perzactly! Every different style of an instrument in a musician's hands is just like a different tool in a mechanic/auto technician's hands. ;)

I play hurdy gurdy, lute, guitar, bodhran and recorder.

Ooohh, the lute is so cool! Hard to find a true lute that's not just a guitar styled like a lute, too.
I love the bodhran, mine's been hanging on the wall since I lost the tipper about 2 yrs ago, I guess I need to get off me arse and order a new one off the interwebz soon.

Last edited:
I've got a 50s Telecaster for my mellow electric sound, an old Martin acoustic for when I wanna be a roaming, singing hippy and a 7 string BC Rich for when I feel like chopping off heads. I usually play my tele through an old Kustom head from the early 70s and my BC Rich through an Orange Rockverb MKIII. My only speaker Cab at the moment is an old Marshall, 4 12 cabinet.

I did the Baritone and Trombone in school. I played the Baritone for several years after. When we moved 1.5 years ago, I gave it to a kid in high school who didn't have one. The one the school could provide was a piece of junk. Mine was old, but in perfect condition. I'm just glad that it has another lease on life now. I still have my trombone and pull it out occasionally.

I fart around on the piano and have done so for 40+ years.

This is only peripherally related . . .

A British ink company called Diamine has developed two lines of fountain pen ink with musical antecedents. One is a gift set of ten inks named after various classical composers, from Bach to Wagner. The other is a series of five inks inspired by various guitar finishes. Both are available in 30 mL bottles and the guitar series is also available in 80 mL bottles.

I don't have any experience with Diamine inks, but they are well regarded among stylophiles. They have been in business continuously since 1864, so they must be doing something right.

--Al

I play acoustic guitar (badly), and ukulele (worse).

My geetar is a basic starter Washburn- I have just the one.

But am eyeballing a Gretsch Rancher dreadnaught for my “big girl” guitar........

I am thinking I should get another guitar, even if it's just so I can torment the cat with my playing as well as with my singing.

--Al

I would really like to learn to play banjo. I am told is it rather difficult as compared to strumming an acoustic guitar. I assume the picking and all.

I've wanted to learn how to finger-pick for a long long time. Maybe some day . . .

--Al

Me, too. I have only been playing for seven years:singing:....I taught myself.

Always wanted to play guitar but my mother would only get me piano lessons. :rolleyes:

In any case, seven years in and I remain a strummer.

The first time I saw Roy Clark absolutely metal a banjo, I wanted to learn. Unfortunately I've ruined both my hands punching stupid people. So, I can play basic, straight forward banjo but cannot get my fingers to flow for those bad ass banjo rolls....

Foggy Mountain Breakdown is on my "learn how to play it" list. I think it'll be a while before I can get back to work on that list, though.

--Al
awed by the banjo

Here's me like 11 years ago with my old band destitute at our 2nd show ever, back when i was a skinny slutty spoiled strung out stripper lol
But yeah there's a solo in this one and everything i was so proud of myself!!

Sorry for posting this in shoutbox earlier!

Ive been on an asshole induced writers block for over a decade now but here are the lyrics so far for a currently untitled song

That's no way for a lady to talk
Once i learned how to speak and to walk
They told me to sit down and shut up
Cover my eyes cuz I've seen enough

The good die young while the assholes grow old
Sit down shut up and do what yr told
Born a girl when you wanted a boy
Shut up use once contain and destroy

Here's another one, it's probably my best. Came to me delusional and dopesick in jail...only song where all the parts came to me together all at once
Called j4j
She sat in the cold late last night
He said 20 minutes but it's been 45
She said yeah, but i need it
Finally he comes she gets in the car
He drops Her off but its way too far
She said yeah, i can see it
She stops for water, a minute too long
The cops go by so she starts to move on
CHORUS:
we are all the same/no one but us has felt our pain
How did it get this way/ we swore that things would never change

She starts walking down the railroad tracks
Makes sure the shit is in her backpack
She said yeah, i can feel it
She's at the bridge about 12 feet wide
Same place where her friend once died
She said yeah, Ive already seen it
But she's not worried, u wanna know why
Cuz she knows that she's too sick to die

CHORUS
BRIDGE: never change/we will never change/never change/yeah we will never change

We are all the same (all the same)
No one but us has felt our pain
How did it get this way (get this way)
We swore that things would never change
We all need to be saved (to be saved)
We all need something to ease our pain
When every fucking day (fucking day)
We have the will but have no way

Holy Goddess of Guitars - one business' loss is another person's gold mine.
I just bought a new 2017 Gibson Les Paul for $94.00 USD, and a new all Hawaiian Koa Taylor electric-acoustic with a cut away and internal pre-amp also for $94.00 USD, for a total of $188.00 USD, plus a 47% discount bringing my total to $99.00 USD. Both with hard shell cases and free shipping.
I are so excited, I may float off the ground like the dawg from "Quick Draw McGraw" when he gets a dog treat!
The LP is a fabulous Sunburst green, showing the wood tones well, and I have no green guitars, so it'll match my tartans! :cool: :penguin::p

@alifinrox do you have working chords and melodies to those lyrics?
I know yer a power chord kinda gal, but the subtle difference between full majors/minors and corresponding 7ths/9ths etc., can make all the difference in the world to give the music not just nuance, but especially if you're a solo player and need to fill in the gaps left from not having other players to do this for the music.
As I've told ya, if you ever want a few quick and easy transposable 4th, 5th and 6th string barr chords (some cool & easy memory tricks include that a *major 6th string barr chord* is the same as a *minor 5th string barr chord* in finger positions, and vice versa) and scales, scales, scales, galore - you know how to reach me. ;)

Last edited:
That's insanely awesome for you miss @Siobhan ! At first i was wondering if u may have gotten hacked like this was one of those work from home level things lol! That's too cool!!
I'll def take u up on that but when i don't know. Loveys! And I'd be willing to look at pics of your new babies lol

Back