• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
[....]
John Andrew Ramsey — JonBenét’s half-brother from their father’s first marriage — was 23 years old at the time of his sister’s murder and, 25 years on, believes a new law could help investigators take a “promising step” in solving the case.

John Bennett Ramsey, JonBenét and John Andrew’s father, unveiled a petition in April titled "Justice for JonBenet Ramsey" on Change.org, which has garnered more than 20,000 signatures since its launch, asking the Colorado government to allow an independent agency to conduct DNA testing on evidence in the 6-year-old’s murder.

John Andrew tells The US Sun that the Homicide Victims' Families Rights Act could provide "accountability and transparency."

"We're not the only family like this who face challenges where police are unwilling to share information," John Andrew said, "Which is understandable after a couple [of] years.”

"It's been 25 years. It's time for Boulder police to talk."

The legislation, which was signed into law by President Biden on August 3, allows families to submit an application to reopen cold cases.

Federal agencies can accept or deny the application based on four actions, according to the law.

"(1) an analysis of what investigative steps or follow-up steps may have been missed in the initial investigation;

(2) an assessment of whether witnesses should be interviewed or reinterviewed;

(3) an examination of physical evidence to see if all appropriate forensic testing and analysis was performed in the first instance or if additional testing might produce information relevant to the investigation; and

(4) an update of the case file using the most current investigative standards as of the date of the review to the extent it would help develop probative leads."

[....]
John Andrew tells The US Sun that the Homicide Victims' Families Rights Act could provide "accountability and transparency."

"We're not the only family like this who face challenges where police are unwilling to share information," John Andrew said, "Which is understandable after a couple [of] years.”

"It's been 25 years. It's time for Boulder police to talk."

The legislation, which was signed into law by President Biden on August 3, allows families to submit an application to reopen cold cases.

Federal agencies can accept or deny the application based on four actions, according to the law.

"(1) an analysis of what investigative steps or follow-up steps may have been missed in the initial investigation;

(2) an assessment of whether witnesses should be interviewed or reinterviewed;

(3) an examination of physical evidence to see if all appropriate forensic testing and analysis was performed in the first instance or if additional testing might produce information relevant to the investigation; and

(4) an update of the case file using the most current investigative standards as of the date of the review to the extent it would help develop probative leads."

Unidentified DNA was found in JonBenét’s underwear and touch DNA was discovered on the waistband of her long johns.

Investigators used the DNA evidence to clear JonBenét’s parents, John Bennett and Patsy, as well as her older brother, Burke Ramsey, and any other persons of interest.
[....]

Police have launched a new investigation into the murder of JonBenét Ramsey, enlisting a fresh squad of experts in hopes of cracking the 1996 cold case.

Ahead of the 26th anniversary of the 6-year-old’s mysterious death, the Boulder Police Department said it was partnering up with the Colorado Cold Case Review Team to continue digging for answers.

“Since JonBenét’s murder, detectives have investigated leads stemming from more than 21,000 tips, letters, and emails. We have traveled to 19 states to interview or speak with more than 1,000 individuals,” the Boulder Police Department said in a statement Wednesday.

JonBenét, who was a child beauty queen, was reported missing from her family’s Boulder home on the morning of Dec. 26, 1996, by her mother, who found a bizarre ransom note demanding $118,000 in exchange for the girl.

Her father, John Bennett, found his daughter’s body in the basement of the family’s home later that day. The young beauty had been beaten, strangled and potentially sexually assaulted.

The only people known to be in the home had been John, Patsy and brother Burke, who was 9 at the time.

I've been watching a documentary about Joebenet Ramsey, and even though it's an usual sensational, modern true crime bullshit, it still has some great forensic experts who make excellent points.

-it is super professional to recreate a crime scene using a 10 years old boy. I know lots of bottom who hit like a girl and are adults who would fit much better

-there have been traces of male DNA left on new, unused panties (weird choice of words made by the forensic guy himself) that I have strong reasons to believe were worn by the bald host

-the interviews with Borke were conducted in absolutely unprofessional way and would never hold up in the court. I have actually failed child's psychology for the same reasons the women used in her interview - highly suggestive questions, pointing into the "right" direction. The hosts also make very clear assumptions without any proper understanding, knowledge and education

-"No previous child abused problems" argument - putting make up on a 6 years old girl, dressing her up like a Tampa stripper and teaching her how to do sexual poses and movements IS A CHILD ABUSE

-one word-crime scene contamination. Everyone was walking around destroying and tempering with any and all evidence. The police said : "we start from top to bottom A" and left the father unattended lol

-during Burke's interview with the detective, he looks like he's like 3 years older than when it happened? Did they really wait that long? He also seems to be "trained" to give the right answers, when the question has not major significance, he answers right after, without thinking. When it is something significant, he pauses and thinks longer. But he also needs some time to answer irrelevant questions too sometimes.

-one thing the forensic pathologist got wrong, swallowing doesn't have to be a voluntary act, you clearly don't have many gay friends

-why grand jury? If I understand correctly, it is used mainly in white collar crimes, its decisions are not public, indecisive when it comes to prosecution and prevents the appeals?

-the notr- clearly written by someone educated (like the mom who studied journalism) with intentional mistakes to "fool" the investigators. Way, way, way too long

-Burke grown up way too cute to be a murder. The ancient " he's too handsome for a criminal test", perfected by the romen, gives him a score 9/10.

-studied show that naming your child a retarded stripper name increases its chances of being a murder victim or Disney star billionfold (like Smiley Virus)

-The body language is not a science, but more a clue, but the parents say something "positive" while jerking their heads like they were saying "no"

-they waited either one or 5 months (the documentary makes some contradicting statements) for the next interview after the fact?

-Why her father married Natalee Holloway's mother lol? Did they meet at "how to get rich after your child's disappearance" seminar?

Still, the documentary is worth watching.

I love trying to solve cold cases, like the first time I was in Berlin, I had 15 to 20 false alarms when I thought I saw Osama Bin Laden driving a taxi. I was embarrassed to be wrong, but mostly disappointed I wasn't right.

I’m praying that it is for the sake of the remaining Ramsey family members. Although I’m enraged by the mishandling of the case, I was somewhat heartened to learn that there was some delayed punishment doled out to the members of law enforcement responsible for covering up and even destroying evidence.

Back