• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

impqueen

Libertine Enchantress
Bold Member!
pljonbenet060817ssvoa3.jpg

I've already covered this on the front page, but it's kinda big news for veteran internet true crime buffs. For those of you who know all about Jameson and Websleuths with one B and two, for those who used ACandyRose as resource material, for those who have theories and then workable theories and then viable workable theories, this news is big - unless your theory excludes DNA altogether.

Mary Lacy issued a letter of formal apology to John Ramsey today. In it, she says that new DNA taken from JonBenet's long johns waistband matches the unknown male DNA from her panties - which excludes every member of the Ramsey family. So discuss it here, or go to the front page and tell us about it there, but I wanna know what you think.

If by chance you've been under a rock for the last twelve years, or are a teenager, you may want to research a bit, because this case has tons of material. Start on the front page, then google JonBenet and see what you get.

If I get to pick, I'd rather have your opinion on the front page because I'm an attention whore like that. But if you hate the front page or just have a whole lot to say, feel free to put it here. I'll try to follow both discussions, because I really do want to know what YOU think! :)

pljonbenet060817ssvoa3.jpg

Mary Lacy issued a letter of formal apology to John Ramsey today. In it, she says that new DNA taken from JonBenet's long johns waistband matches the unknown male DNA from her panties - which excludes every member of the Ramsey family. So discuss it here, or go to the front page and tell us about it there, but I wanna know what you think.

I don't have a viable working theory, a working theory or even a full theory... I just have a couple of ...ideas.

Just because the DNA doesn't match any of her family members, does not mean that her family member(s) didn't have anything to do with her disappearance. Whomever did this, knew what they were doing, and in my opinion, knew her, fairly well. There could be a lot of different causes for the DNA to be different. I hope they are able to match the friggin DNA to someone and get some answers. :(

~ceisdsgil

Standard Thought Disclaimer:
These are my thoughts. IF you do not like them, Tough! Put on your big girl panties and learn to deal with it.

New Prosecutor Takes Fresh Look at JonBenet Ramsey Case

BOULDER, Colo. — A new Boulder County district attorney plans to take a new look at one of the country's most high-profile cold cases — the slaying of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey.

Incoming District Attorney Stan Garnett said he'll decide what to do with the investigation in his first 30 days on the job, which he starts Jan. 13. His predecessor, Mary Lacy, publicly exonerated the Ramsey family this year in the Dec. 26, 1996, murder.

"I want to look very closely at the resources of the DA's Office and make a careful decision about what resources to continue to expend on the case," Garnett said.

He said he is thinking of sending the case back to the police. The DA's office took over the investigation in 2002 because of concerns about the police department's handling of it.

Garnett said the police department likely has more resources now and is better equipped to handle the investigation.

JonBenet was a 6-year-old beauty queen when she was found bludgeoned and strangled in the basement of her parents' Boulder home just after Christmas in 1996. The case has taken many twists and turns, starting with former DA Alex Hunter declaring soon after the murder that JonBenet's parents, John and Patsy Ramsey, were under "an umbrella of suspicion."
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,473097,00.html?sPage=fnc/us/crime

I remain hopeful that justice is served in this case. I can't believe it was so long ago! That poor child. Very disturbing that the person responsible is still out there.

New Prosecutor to Look at Ramsey Case

BOULDER, Colo. (Dec. 26) - A new prosecutor in Colorado says he plans to take a fresh look at one of the country's most high-profile cold cases — the slaying a dozen years ago of JonBenet Ramsey.
Incoming Boulder County District Attorney Stan Garnett said he'll decide what to do with the investigation in his first 30 days on the job, which he starts Jan. 13. His predecessor, Mary Lacy, publicly exonerated the Ramsey family this year in the Dec. 26, 1996, murder.

Garnett said he might send the case back to the police. The DA's office took over the investigation in 2002 because of criticism of the police department's handling of it.
JonBenet, a 6-year-old beauty pageant contestant, was found bludgeoned and strangled in the basement of her parents' home.
http://news.aol.com/article/new-prosecutor-to-look-at-ramsey-case/287628

jonbenet.jpg

Oh snap I just noticed Special had already posted this. And I even looked and didn't see it before...damn that Baileys Irish Cream.

My bad!:dong:

JonBenet Ramsey Case Reopening?

(CNN) -- The new district attorney of Boulder County, Colorado, said he plans to take a fresh look at the investigation into the 1996 slaying of JonBenet Ramsey.
vqo105.jpg

The 1996 slaying of JonBenet Ramsey is one of the nation's most famous cold cases.
The DA's office assumed responsibility for the investigation in 2002. But District Attorney Stan Garnett told CNN that he wants to decide during his first 30 days in office whether the case should be returned to Boulder police.
"I'm trying to determine whether it's efficient to have the ongoing investigation handled by my office or somebody else," said Garnett, who was sworn in as district attorney January 13.
The DA's office is relatively small, he said, with 27 lawyers and six investigators handling between 2,000 and 2,500 felony cases a year.
Although the Ramsey case has not generated news since last year, tips and information regularly come in to authorities. Whoever is handling the investigation is charged with checking them out and deciding whether they are worth pursuing, Garnett said.
He said reports that he is considering reopening the case are inaccurate. "It's not closed. It hasn't been solved, and it's been open the whole time."
The case is one of the nation's most famous unsolved murders.

On December 26, 1996, John Ramsey discovered the body of his 6-year-old daughter, JonBenet, in the basement of the family's Boulder home. The girl had been strangled and beaten. A ransom note was found on the stairs of the home, demanding $118,000.

Early in the case, Boulder police said JonBenet's parents, John and Patsy Ramsey, were under "an umbrella of suspicion" in her death. But they were never formally named as suspects, and a grand jury refused to indict them. Patsy Ramsey died in 2006 after a lengthy battle with ovarian cancer.

In July, Garnett's predecessor, Mary Lacy, issued a public apology for the suspicion surrounding the Ramsey family after a DNA test performed using new technology showed that DNA found on JonBenet's underwear and under her fingernails belonged to an unidentified man. The test results, Lacy said, were "powerful evidence" that allows investigators to think the Ramsey family were victims, not suspects.

That same third-party DNA exonerated John Mark Karr, a one-time teacher, after he was arrested in Thailand and brought to Colorado. Authorities said Karr told a University of Colorado professor in e-mails that he was involved in JonBenet's death. He told reporters after his arrest that he was with the child when she died, although he called her death an accident and said he loved her.

Lacy was widely criticized, including by then-Gov. Bill Owens, for the handling of Karr's arrest.

Boulder police also have long faced criticism over their handling of the investigation.

But, Garnett said Friday, "I've been very impressed by the Boulder P.D. They are a fine department now and have handled a number of cases very well. ... They've done a very nice job."

The department has 24 investigators, four times as many as the DA's staff, he said.

Garnett was elected DA in November to replace Lacy, who could not run again because of term limits. Before he was elected, he served as a trial lawyer for 22 years, according to the DA's Web site.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/19/jonbenet.ramsey.update/index.html
Just who did this crime if it was not family or John Mark Carr. This case has never added up.

I honestly believe it was her father. I don't care what anybody says about how her parents were dismissed as suspects. If you cared about catching the killer, you would not have cleaned up her privates with a washcloth. I just don't understand how he could just run down to the basement and NO BODY FOLLOWED HIM UNTIL AFTER HE PULLED HER DOWN AND WIPED HER!!! But hey, that's just my opinion.

i understand what you're saying, the crime scene and evidence were completely fucked and both parents acted squirrely about everything.

yeah, they were given a free ride by investigators at the time, and that's unforgivable. but how can you say you don't care that its NOT his DNA... she's a five year old girl at home for Christmas holidays, and has unknown male DNA on her. doesn't that make him much less suspect? that DNA has got to be the key, i think.

do you think the unknown male DNA was planted a decade ago as a red herring by dad, with foreknowledge that improved analysis would be available in the future?:dontknow: even though he appears to have tampered with the body, evidence WAS found on her. for example, on autopsy there was fluid in her vagina, so even if he did try to wipe away evidence, he didn't do a good job.

i drive myself nuts thinking about this case and the missed opportunities for solving it.

Jon Benet Ramsey,Still A Mystery A Decade And A Half Later

nzndcw.jpg

A Decade And A Half Later
During the early morning hours od Dec 26 1996 Jon Benet Ramsey is reported missing to police in Boulder Colorado.
Fifteen years after her murder police still looking for answers

wj8lua.jpg

Beauty Princesses Murder Puts Child Beauty Pagents Into The Spotlight
Born Aug 6 1990
Jon Benet was an inquisitive little girlwhose story would spark national debate as images of her partaking in beauty pagents were rotating thoughout the media. Her pagentry would become central in the publics general opinion of who killed her.

11v45rc.jpg

Ransome Letter Alerts Family To Daughters Disappearence
Police are phoned at 7am MT.By Jon Benets mother Patsy.She found a ransome note addressed to her spouse,John which demnanded $118,000.00 for the return of their daughter.It would be hours before John found Jon Benets body in the pasement

23h3nmx.jpg

Jon Benet Found Dead In Basement Of Familys 3 Story Home
Jon Benets body was found around 2pm as John and A family friend Fleet White perform another search of the house.
Police have been criticized for improperly securing the scene of the crime as friends and family were allowed in and out of the home.

2j60mci.jpg

Circumstances Of Jon Benets Death Make It Clear She Was Murdered
Jon Benet dies from asphyixiation due to a garrote which was tired around her neck.She also had a serious head injury and evidence suggests she was sexually assaulted.The coroner cannot determine if the cause was pre or post mortem

v66vxe.jpg

Although Never Formally Named Suspects The Ramseys Are Investigated First And Foremost
Because Jon Benet was murdered in her home and a majority of these crimes are committed by the parents,John and Patsy are immediatly suspected as possible murderers.This quickly strains relations between parents and police.

ifbos2.jpg
Ransome Note Was Later Determined To Have Been Written Inside The Ramsey Home​
Because the ransome note is quite long and asks for a certain amount it is set aside as a coverup early in the investigation.
It is later discovered the note was written inside the house and analysts find similarities between it and several popular crime movies,

bgog1u.jpg
Jon Benet Buried In Home State Of Georgia Before The New Year​
Det.Cmdr John Eller attempts to withhold her body from family to coerce them into giving formal interviews,instead worsening ties between the 2 groups.

Ramseys Give Interview At CNN Headquarters While In Georgia
Furthering the rift the couple grants CNN an interview in Atlanta before agreeing to a formalpolice interview.
The family also hires a lawyer,publicist,and independant investigators.

The Public Safety Building In Boulder Colorado Houses Ther Towns Police Dept
Jon Benets half siblings are the first family members to be cleared as suspects in late Feb 1997.Her older brother Burke is cleared shortly there after.But John and Patsy remained on list of suspents.

2wnxytl.jpg

The Badge For Boulder Police Officers
The Ramseys give a formal interview April 1997
They wont consent to another interview until June 1998 demanding investigators show them evidence they have collected.

o94jtw.jpg

Gallop Poll Ask More Then 1K People If They Follow The Ramsey Case
The media bombards the nation with photos, rumors and information on the Ramseys.A Decv 1997 gallop poll reveals 37% of Americans think they knew who killed Jon Benet Ramsey.71% thought it was both her parents

oaojg8.jpg

The Boulder County Justice Center Where The Grand Jury Meets To Discuss The Ramsey Case
In Sept 1998 a Grand Jury is convened to review the evidence in the Ramsy case in hope of an indictment.In Oct 1999 the jury decides theres not enough evidence to move forward.

116nlmh.jpg

Boulder City Police Chief Mark Beckner Announces Dead End To One Of Many Leads
In Feb 2000 police announce they might have a new lead when a California man claims Jon Benet was murdered as part of a child sex ring.By May Beckner theres no evidence to support the claim.

wtzj3o.jpg

Patsy Also Buried In Georgia After Dying Of Terminal Illness
On June 24 2006 49yo Patsy Ramsey is buried next to her daughter after a long battle with ovarian cancer.
It will be 2 more years before DNA clears John and Patsy Ramsey in the murder of their daughter

sglil4.jpg

Rocky Mountain News Puts Jon Benet On Front Page After New Arrest
On Aug 16 2006 John Mark Karr is detained in Thialand in connection with the crime.The former teacher confesses to accidently killing Jon Benet while attempting to kidnap her.After his arrest his credibility is seriously flawed.

144bex4.jpg

John Mark Karr Arrested In LA Upon Return To States
A saliva swab taken from Karr doenst match DNA from the crime scene.Additionally his exwife tells police he spent christmas of 1996 in the south.Karr is released and investigators find themselves at another dead end.

e8olm9.jpg

Seal Of District Attorneys Office In Boulder
On July 9 2008 it is announced that new DNA tests shoiw the Ramseys are innocent of their daughters murder.
Skin cells are found on Jon Benets underwear which match foreign DNA found under her fingernails and underwear years ago.

142hhxe.jpg

The Mystery Continues
Despite public interest in the case there has been little activity in the case in the last 3 years as leads have dried up and Jon Benets killer has remained on the loose.This year Jon Benet wouldve celebrated her 21st birthday

John Mark Karr is one of those people I think looks like he is guilty of something... I read he had sexual reassignment surgery and now goes by the name of Alexis.

i thought it was confirmed that Patsy wrote the ransom note, but then DNA cleared her and John...? Maybe I am misremembering about hte ransom note.

I would be interested to hear the theories of Demonite's as to who killed JBR..

Well, in my opinion, Jon Benet's murderer was living in that house. I have no evidence but it's just my feeling. I have several ideas about who and how, and firmly believe that it could have been one of these theories or a combination of some of them.

These are my ideas:

1. Jon Benet's brother killed her in a jealous rage b/c of all the attention that Jon Benet had been getting all her life, while he felt pushed to the background. The rage and jealousy festered for a long time and he finally reached his limit and went off the deep end. He may or may not have done some kind of sexual assault on her. If he didn't, she was molested by one or both of her parents. As far as I'm concerned the whole damned family was whacked.

2. Patsy Ramsey killed Jon Benet in a rage, either b/c Jon Benet was starting to not want to do the pageant stuff anymore. Patsy was determined that Jon Benet would follow in her footsteps on the pageant circuit all the way into young adulthood. Jon Benet wanted to be a child and do things that other kids did. Patsy was living vicariously through Jon Benet, and went off the deep end when she felt that Jon Benet was trying to ruin her plans for the future. It also could have been something as simple as Jon Benet wetting the bed and Patsy just went bonkers this time.

3. John Ramsey was sexually molesting his daughter. She most likely hinted that she was going to tell, and he killed her to keep that from happening. In this same vein, Patsy might have found out that John was molesting Jon Benet and she killed Jon Benet in a jealous rage b/c she felt that that was the only way she could stop it and still hold onto John.

**ETA: The family "circled the wagons," so to speak, and stonewalled any investigation that was to happen. I truly believe that the truth will never be known as long as her nacissistic family members are around to see that it's kept secret. It's a shame, too. Jon Benet deserves justice. The truth might someday be found, probably by accident, and it will be years and years from now, and beyond all the many years that have already passed in this case.

These are just possibilities that I feel might have happened. I truly believe that there was no outside killer that came into that home that night. Feel free to disagree, but I honestly feel that I'm not too far off with one or more of these theories.

Oh, and btw (and off-topic)..... Happy New Year, demonites!

Last edited:
Ive never thought her family had to do anything with it
What got me was dads best friend Fleet White was with John when he found her body and shortly after they ended their friendship
Kinda struck me as odd

Since the mysterious death of his 6-year-old daughter, John Ramsey's relationship with Boulder oilman Fleet White has been the source of widespread speculation.

White, a friend of the Ramseys, was with John Ramsey when he found JonBenet's body Dec. 26, 1996, in a cellar of the Ramsey's home.

But shortly after the killing, White and John Ramsey's relationship abruptly ended.

Much has been made in the media of the falling out between the two men and what White may know about the death of JonBenet Ramsey.

In a recently unsealed deposition, John Ramsey denies a much-publicized argument with White — about Ramsey's cooperation with police — ever occurred.

In the deposition, reviewed by police and prosecutors for the first time last week,

Ramsey speaks at length about his relationship with White. He talks about what he calls White's "strange behavior" and criticizes him for insisting the Ramseys do a CNN interview days after the killing.

Ramsey also speaks about his battles with tabloid reporters and having to live suspecting "everyone" of his daughter's death.

Although the deposition offers few new insights into the killing of JonBenet, it marks the only time John Ramsey has answered questions under oath related to his daughter's death.

Ramsey's statements are contained in a 110-page transcript of a video-taped deposition taken Oct. 20, 1998, as part of Boulder photographer Stephen Miles' libel and slander lawsuit against Ramsey and the National Enquirer.

The lawsuit was eventually thrown out. A federal district court judge ordered the deposition unsealed in November.

Although the deposition has been unsealed for almost three months, neither the Boulder police nor the Boulder County District Attorney's office had reviewed the documents when asked to comment Thursday.

By Friday, District Attorney Alex Hunter said prosecutors and detectives had reviewed the deposition but did not find any useful new information.
Fleet White
On Dec. 26, 1996, JonBenet's beaten and strangled body was found in her family's home in a basement room.

From 6 a.m. that day, Boulder police had worked on what first appeared to be a kidnapping. But by 1 p.m., Detective Linda Arndt asked parents John and Patsy Ramsey and friends of theirs inside the house to search the residence one more time for JonBenét.

According to Boulder police search warrant affidavits, John Ramsey "immediately" went to the basement, followed by White.

Within a few minutes, White "came running upstairs" yelling for someone to call an ambulance, according to the affidavits.

John Ramsey found his daughter's dead body in a cellar. She lay underneath a blanket, her wrists tied above her head and a piece of tape covering her mouth.

The night before the discovery, the Ramseys and their two children were at White's residence. The couple told police they returned home, put JonBenét to bed and last saw her alive about 10 p.m. Christmas night.

Although police cleared White, John and Patsy Ramsey have remained the focus of a Boulder police investigation.

About the time of JonBenét's Dec. 31 memorial service in Atlanta, White and Ramsey were no longer on speaking terms. Sources say the two men parted ways after a heated argument in which White insisted the Ramseys do more to cooperate with police.

Although published reports have cited sources who allegedly witnessed the dispute in Atlanta, Ramsey denies in the Miles lawsuit deposition that the argument took place.

"There was no altercation," Ramsey says in response to a question.

When Miles' attorney, Lee Hill, asks again if there was a "dispute" or "argument" where police were rumored to have been called, Ramsey answers: "I am not aware of any of that."

Ramsey also says he did not remember much of the Atlanta trip.

Ramsey says he believes his last contact with White was in the office of Ramsey's priest, but he couldn't remember when that meeting took place. Although he tried to contact White, he says his calls went unanswered.

White declined to comment or review the transcript last week. Ramsey's attorney, Bryan Morgan, also declined to comment.

Ramsey says he did not suspect White of killing his daughter, but he repeatedly mentions in the deposition what he calls White's "very strange behavior."

"There were a number of people that questioned the Whites' behavior to us: 'Why are they acting so strange?'" Ramsey says. Ramsey says White's behavior could be the result of trauma.

As examples of "strange behavior," Ramsey mentions White's barging into a friend's office and his criticism of the investigation in letters he wrote and gave to the media.

As another example, Ramsey cites White's insistence the Ramseys do the Jan. 1 CNN interview days after their daughter's death. The CNN interview, aired together with footage of JonBenét's beauty pageant contests, fueled national interest on the case. Many thought the interview was the idea of the Ramsey's public relations team.

"That was done entirely because of Fleet White's angry and/or, emotional insistence that we do it," Ramsey says. "He was strongly promoting it.

"The stated reason was that we were getting crucified in the press," Ramsey says. "We ought to let people see who we were."

Ramsey says he felt media attention was hurting the case.

"Our focus was that we wanted this case to be out of the media limelight so it could be investigated properly, because this was a drain on the police as well," Ramsey says. "It was not productive."

By the time of the depositions, however, the Ramseys had agreed to cooperate in a television documentary about their experiences. They are currently writing a book.

Although some media reports suggest Ramsey may have named White as a suspect to police, Ramsey says police never asked who the Ramseys thought killed their daughter.

"We never gave a list to the police of people we thought could be responsible, which negates a lot of stuff that follows," Ramsey says.

Instead, detectives asked them questions such as who might be angry with them and who had keys to the house, he says.

"Unfortunately, a lot of people had keys to our house, contractors, plumbers, cleaning ladies, neighbors," he says.

But Ramsey says he and his wife would find it hard to believe anyone they knew would have killed their daughter.

"We honestly don't think we know anybody that could be this evil," he says, a comment he makes at least two other times during the deposition.

[...]
http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ramsey/2000/020600ramsey.html

but again JMHO,think everyones got a diff theory of what happened

And I really only feel that about him b/c if my best friend had lost a child like that
I would be there no matter what understanding the stress they are under and maybe they are irrational in some decisions
You would expect diff behavior from that friend
Not drop them before the damned funeral even took place

And I really only feel that about him b/c if my best friend had lost a child like that
I would be there no matter what understanding the stress they are under and maybe they are irrational in some decisions
You would expect diff behavior from that friend
Not drop them before the damned funeral even took place

Happy Holidays Demons!!

[MENTION=1346]Whisper[/MENTION], that's just the thing, it wasn't the White's that dropped the friendship, it was the Ramsey's who put an end to it. Early on in the investigation, John Ramsey told LE, he had thought Fleet White, or his wife or both may have been involved in J.B.'s death. When White found out that he was very upset and asked Ramsey why?? I guess they had a loud fight at her funeral in Atlanta, after that the Ramsey's shunned the White's, or so the story goes. In any event, it was Fleet white who badgered the Boulder Authorities for years to charge the Ramsey's. They (Ramsey's) were so politically connected and they had the big bucks to make things go away, plus the police messed up from the get go because they thought it was a kidnapping, not not a murder scene so originally it was never locked down and many people being in & out of the house compromised much of the evidence.

After reading almost everything I can find out there about this, I am at the same point [MENTION=5183]princessgrandma[/MENTION]. Excellent post, by the way, you summarized, so well, such a complex case. I honestly have no clue but my gut says Patsy. A year or two back, they were trying to get the brother, Burke, to talk to LE but he declined. Every Christmas I wonder if we will ever know the truth.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011...eys-killer-15-year-anniversary-retrospective/

My Search for JonBenet Ramsey's Killer – a 15th Anniversary Retrospective

December 26, 2011

Nearly 15 years ago, I was recruited by the Globe tabloid to investigate the murder of JonBenet Ramsey in Boulder, Colorado.

My story was chronicled in Lawrence Schiller’s New York Times bestseller, “Perfect Murder, Perfect Town,â€￾ which featured my tale as a cub reporter immersed in the most sensational child murder case in American history.

During my time on the JonBenet Ramsey case, I tracked down the origin of the murder weapon, infiltrated the Ramsey’s church, spent nights tracking intruder suspects, worked for the Boulder Police Department as a confidential informant, had secret conversations with District Attorney Alex Hunter, and made presentations to the F.B.I. I even became acquainted with John and Patsy Ramsey.

For several years, I secretly hoped I could prove the Ramseys were innocent. Not only did I feel compassion for them in the wake of relentless media attacks, my interaction with them forced me to recognize them as real people instead of mere names in newspaper print.

In 2006 however, after Patsy Ramsey died of ovarian cancer, I came to terms with the fact that the most compelling evidence suggested that she was somehow involved in the death of her daughter – even if it was just an accident covered up to look like an intentional killing.

When the Ramseys woke up the morning of December 26, 1996, they allegedly found a three-page ransom note left on the spiral staircase of their home demanding the odd sum of $118,000.
It was signed, “Victory! S.B.T.C.â€￾

In my opinion, the handwriting in the ransom note had striking similarities to samples of Patsy’s that I’d collected over the years, and there were also what I considered to be coded messages in the note that had special significance for Patsy.

Many reporters assumed the $118,000 ransom demand was somehow connected to the $118,000 bonus John Ramsey coincidentally received that year from his company, Access Graphics, but what most people do not know is that the number 118 had a sacred meaning to Patsy.

As a devoutly religious woman who had relied on Christian faith healing, two of Patsy’s favorite books on the matter held the key.

In 1994, the Colorado Woman’s Daily did a cover story on Patsy in which she admitted that she was relying on Christian faith healing to overcome her illness. In that article, Patsy said she relied heavily on a spiritual book by Dodie Osteen called, “Healed of Cancer.â€￾

Osteen wrote in her book that she recited Psalm 118, Verse 17 every night before going to sleep over and over again. It read: “I shall not die, but live and declare the works of the Lord.â€￾

Patsy’s neighbor, Betty Barnhill referred another book to me that she had loaned Patsy called “Be Healed,â€￾ by Marilyn Hickey. In the second paragraph of the very first page, the author also reiterated the importance of reciting Psalm 118 regularly.

It was undeniably clear to me that the number 118 had a deeply profound importance in Patsy’s life, and so the appearance of this odd number in the ransom note was unlikely to be a coincidence.

What was most interesting about Psalm 118 however, was not Verse 17 – it was Verse 27, which read: “Bind the sacrifice with chords unto the horns of the altar.â€￾

When JonBenet was murdered on Christmas night she was struck violently across the head with an unknown blunt instrument and asphyxiated to death with a white, nylon chord, which bound her wrists together.

The ending of the ransom note was signed, “Victory! S.B.T.C.â€￾

Some journalists erroneously believed that phrase was a war reference to John Ramsey’s training in the Philippines at Subic Bay Naval Base (they believed it could mean Subic Bay Training Center).

During my biblical research however, I learned that the word ‘Victory’ had a very special meaning to some Christians in that it represented Christ’s victory over Satan.

According to Patsy’s books, when it came to Christian faith healing, it specifically meant one’s victory over their illness, the cause of which was also believed to be Satan.

In that 1994 magazine article, Patsy appeared on the cover holding a cross hanging from her neck. She told the reporter that her reverend, Rol Hoverstock gave her the cross, and that she believed it saved her life.

I have always, unequivocally believed that the S.B.T.C. acronym meant, “Saved By The Cross.â€￾
I then tried to imagine – if a deeply Christian woman wanted to make it appear that an intruder had killed her daughter on Christmas night, what kind of person would she envision as the killer?

Who would she want to blame it on?

To me, the answer was obvious.

During the 1980’s and 1990’s, many people believed stories about Satanic Ritual Abuse (SRA). Typically, SRA involved the attempted kidnapping of children for sexual molestation and sacrifice, and in some stories, children were strangled or tied up.

SRA proved to be nothing more than media made hype, but it caused a worldwide moral panic for several years, especially within Christian communities and among parents. It even resulted in false criminal prosecutions such as the California based McMartin pre-school trial.

It is my firm belief that JonBenet’s killer was a deeply religious person who was calling out to God for help in a hysterical panic after the little girl died, someone who was trying to convince themselves that Satan was responsible for their actions.

Who would believe such a delusion?

Someone who believed their illness was caused by Satan, someone who read books that blamed every bad worldly occurrence on the dark angel; someone deeply religious who actually believed there were Satanists out there and knew about Satanic Ritual Abuse; someone who thought if they staged the murder to look like a cult killing, police may believe that’s what it was, unaware of the fact that the SRA phenomenon had already been widely discredited within law enforcement circles.

In fact, when police first arrived at the Ramsey house and searched it the morning JonBenet went missing, they found a bible open on John Ramsey's desk open to Psalm 35 -- a passage about being falsely accused of a crime.

I wasn’t the only one who felt that religion somehow played into the cover up of the murder.
Several years after lead detective Steve Thomas publicly professed his unequivocal belief that Patsy was the killer, another investigator, James Kolar examined the case.

Kolar, concluded that Patsy was the killer because many of the religious statements she made to the media after JonBenet’s death mirrored the types of deeply religious statements Susan Smith made after she killed her own children.

After Kolar made his presentation to Boulder District Attorney Mary Lacy, she did the unthinkable by releasing a written statement clearing the Ramseys. Lacy however, was not the original district attorney who investigated the crime, Alex Hunter was, and Hunter had always told me in private that he believed Patsy was the only logical suspect – as did almost all my sources in the Boulder Police Department, Colorado Bureau of Investigations and F.B.I.

Shortly after Lacy’s announcement that she exonerated the Ramseys, I wrote a piece for Fox News Opinion explaining why I believed she had made a fatal mistake. Since her successor Stan Garnett took over, law enforcement officials have resumed investigating their original theory that Patsy was involved.

My translation of the ransom note does not explain everything that happened Christmas night in 1996 at 755 15th Street in Boulder, Colorado. It does not explain the fact that a panel of expert pediatricians told police they believed JonBenet’s hymen demonstrated ongoing, prior, sexual abuse.

It also does not explain away the miniscule foreign DNA that experts found commingled in JonBenet’s blood, located in her underpants – a piece of evidence cherished by intruder theorists who insist it is proof her killer was an intruder.

But as former LAPD Detective Mark Fuhrman once told me: not everything in a murder case is going to add up. You have to look at the totality of the evidence.

As much as I’d love to believe that DNA was not an unrelated, accidental transfer and that Patsy was completely innocent, I cannot. In addition, I do not believe that any other member of the Ramsey family was involved in JonBenet’s death or the cover up of her murder, because neither proposition is what the totality of the evidence suggests.

Finally, there were personal observations I made that led me to think Patsy could have been involved.

One summer day in 1997 I sat beside the Ramseys in church only a few months after JonBenet’s passing. At one point, the reverend, Rol Hoverstock put his hand on John’s shoulder and compassionately whispered to him, “You’re a good man, John. I know you didn’t do this.â€￾

Minutes later, when he walked by Patsy sitting alone in an empty pew, the two made eye contact, but instead of greeting her as he did John, he angrily looked away and drifted right past her.
That stunned me.

Later, John Ramsey wandered into an empty children’s playroom as if he were collecting memories from his daughter’s past, and Patsy quietly looked at him from a distance, and then burst into tears. I will never know how or why JonBenet’s death began, but I sincerely believe that losing JonBenet brought Patsy excruciating pain. When people have cheered for her prosecution, I have felt compassion for her as well as other family members who have endured this tragedy.

From time to time, I pray for JonBenet, but I have also prayed that Patsy Ramsey’s tired, heartbroken soul has finally found peace on the other side.

Jeffrey Scott Shapiro is an investigative journalist who has researched the JonBenet Ramsey murder case for nearly 15 years.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011...year-anniversary-retrospective/#ixzz1hql0Zh23

I've always believed Patsy did it. I think she lost her temper because JonBenet wet the bed and accidentally killed her. I also think JonBenet was being sexually abused by someone outside of the family and Patsy knew about it but chose to allow it for some reason. I never really thought John had anything to do with it.

your thorey number 3 sounds likely. the others are dramatic and most likely not true because of that.

I think someone was at the house and unlocked a point of entry.Returned. Went to her bedroom and brought her downstairs to the basement and did what he did. Then left. The person would be male, had been drinking booze at the house. He is/was married at the time with children. (not too sure of that) He is a person who hadn't had much if any contact with a child over a long period of time. I'm talking years 10 +. I think that should be a question police ask and make note of. "When was the last time you had contact with children. (not neccesarily physical but long enough to converse or interact with)

I don't check every door or window after someone has been to my house. Even if they are friends of friends. If I've locked a window or door it stays that way in my head and it doesn't occur to me to check them all again. It takes a second to unlock a window or door.

The police should check alcohol stores video for males buying booze on the day of the murder and add them to list of suspects to be ruled out.

I think those points are factors of the crime and shoud be noted and considered as a procedure. Kind of like how in the movie "seven" they checked library records. They didn't know if they would get a hit but they did.

Last edited:
You had my interest until you wrote this...

Many reporters assumed the $118,000 ransom demand was somehow connected to the $118,000 bonus John Ramsey coincidentally received that year from his company, Access Graphics, but what most people do not know is that the number 118 had a sacred meaning to Patsy.:pcguru:

your theroy number 3 sounds likley. the others are dramatic and most likley not true because of that.

I think someone was at the house and unlocked a point of entry.Returned. Went to her bedroom and brought her downstairs to the basement and did what he did. Then left. The person would be male, had been drinking booze at the house. He is/was married at the time with children. (not too sure of that) He is a person who hadn't had much if any contact with a child over a long period of time. Im talking years 10 +. I think that should be a question police ask and make note of. "When was the last time you had contact with children. (not neccesarilly physical but long enough to converse or interact with)

I don't check every door or window after someone has been to my house. Even if they are friends of friends. If I've locked a window or door it stays that way in my head and it doesn't occur to me to check them all again. It takes a second to unlock a window or door.

The police should check alcohol stores video for males buying booze on the day of the murder and add them to list of suspects to be ruled out.

I think those points are factors of the crime and shouls be noted and considered as a procedure. Kind of like how in the movie "seven" they checked library records. They didn't know if they would get a hit but they did.

The way JonBenet's body was found, the injuries, seems intimate. . .someone who knew her, loved/raged over her.But IF you've ever seen autopsy photo's, (sadly, I stumbled over one), it seems more sadistic, void of any love a mother/father would/should have for her. I feel more than likely she was killed by a sadistic fucker who was obsessed with her. With a dark fantasy in mind picked the day of Christmas to kill her, symbolically take childhood innocence away, strip it from her body. A very, sick and twisted soul did this.

An angel's light cannot be taken, cannot be stolen....lives forever.
JonBenet lives in all that graces beauty and light.
JonbenetRamsey.jpg
angel kisses. . . .

A collection of notes/files/findings on the JB case.

Last edited:
If a stranger killed her, why not just leave after she was dead? What would be the purpose of sticking around to write a randsom letter? Also, how would a stranger know the exact amount John rcv'd for his bonus?

New Clues in JonBenet Ramsey Murder
Jul 18, 2012
A mysterious cobweb. A child’s toy. These and other clues from the crime scene are detailed in a new book by a former lead investigator in the pageant queen’s still-unsolved murder.

JonBenet Ramsey’s life was short: just six-and-a-half years. But the mystery of the kindergartner’s bizarre murder in 1996 has survived for more than twice that time. Now one of the lead detectives who investigated the killing for the Boulder district attorney’s office is breaking his silence.

Former detective Jim Kolar says it has taken him months of introspection and much of his retirement savings to launch his self-published book, Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet Ramsey? The book reads like a Ramsey case encyclopedia, detailing conversations and clues that Kolar believes have been overlooked, including an intact cobweb in the basement window and a toy that may have been responsible for some of the abrasions on JonBenet’s body

Kolar had access to 60,000 pages of evidence, including interviews, forensic reports, grand-jury records, crime-scene photos and video. He says he’s now sharing everything but the grand-jury information (which he swore an oath to keep secret) because he “wants the truth out there.â€￾

No one has ever been charged with JonBenet’s murder, and the case is still open. Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner says there are no new leads and the murder isn’t being actively investigated. “It’s safe to say this is a cold case.â€￾

Kolar was hired by Boulder D.A. Mary Keenan Lacy in the spring of 2004 and stepped into the lead investigator role a year later. It was around that time that scientists at a Denver crime lab found a 10th marker from a DNA sample taken from JonBenet’s underwear. The tiny sample, which couldn’t be identified earlier in the investigation, was likely saliva from a cough or sneeze, according to reports, and didn’t match DNA from anyone in the immediate Ramsey family. Nor did it match any of the other 160 possible suspects looked into by authorities. Lacy was the second district attorney to oversee the case after the original top prosecutor, Alex Hunter, retired. She promised to attack the case with fresh eyes, and people who worked with her say she leaned toward the theory that an outsider murdered JonBenet.

But one of her own chief investigators eventually came to believe, based on his review of the evidence, that there was the possibility that someone in JonBenet’s family was involved in her death. “By the time I parted company with the D.A.’s office, I was convinced that there was no significant possibility that an intruder had been involved in the death of JonBenet,â€￾ writes Kolar in his book.

Kolar says he left the D.A.’s office in March 2006 because he was discouraged and frustrated. He returned to the job he had before, as chief marshal of the resort mountain hamlet of Telluride, Colo., where he still works. In 2008, a few months before she left office, Lacy apologized to the Ramseys, saying, “I believe it is important and appropriate to provide you with our opinion that your family was not responsible for this crime.â€￾ She cited the “unknownâ€￾ male DNA found in JonBenet’s underwear, consistent with that found on the waistband of her leggings. “The match of male DNA on two separate items of clothing worn by the victim at the time of the murder makes it clear to us that an unknown male handled these items,â€￾ she wrote. “Based on the DNA results and our serious consideration of all the other evidence, we are comfortable that the profile now in CODIS (the Combined DNA Index System) is the profile of the perpetrator of this murder.â€￾

It was a moment that stunned some prosecutors and police officers who continued to believe that there was enough other evidence to suggest there was no intruder.

In an interview, Lacy reaffirmed her statement that the Ramseys weren’t involved. "The DNA directs the evidence in this case. If the DNA on the underwear were the Ramseys, I would have thought it was them who killed JonBenet,â€￾ she said. "It didn't match the Ramseys, police, friends, babysitters. It doesn't match anybody."
[...]
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/18/new-clues-in-jonbenet-ramsey-murder.html

JonBenet Ramsey grand jury voted to indict parents in 1999, but DA refused to prosecute
On a brilliantly clear autumn day more than 13 years ago, Boulder District Attorney Alex Hunter stepped to the podium before an anxious media horde to announce that the grand jury investigation into the death of JonBenet Ramsey had come to an end.

"I and my prosecution task force believe we do not have sufficient evidence to warrant a filing of charges against anyone who has been investigated at this time," Hunter told the reporters assembled outside the Boulder County Justice Center on Oct. 13, 1999.

Yet multiple sources, including members of the grand jury, have now confirmed to the Daily Camera what Hunter did not say that day: The grand jury voted to indict both John and Patsy Ramsey on charges of child abuse resulting in death in connection with the events of Christmas night 1996 -- but Hunter refused to sign the indictment, believing he could not prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt.
[...]

Boulder attorney Bryan Morgan, who represented John Ramsey through the conclusion of the grand jury process, said Saturday, "If what you report actually happened, then there were some very professional and brave people in Alex's office and perhaps elsewhere whose discipline and training prevented a gross miscarriage of justice."

Former Boulder First Assistant District Attorney Bill Wise was among those confirming the jury's vote.

"It names both of them, John and Patsy Ramsey," said Wise, who was Hunter's top assistant for 28 years but did not participate in the grand jury process.
[...]

Denver criminal defense lawyer and legal analyst Dan Recht pointed out that the standard of proof for a grand jury to indict, which is probable cause, is a far lower threshold than what Hunter would have had to meet at trial.

"It couldn't be more different in a jury trial," Recht added. "So what Alex Hunter was thinking about was, 'But can I prove this beyond a reasonable doubt?' Because that's the burden that the prosecution has at a trial. So he seemingly decided, 'I am not going to be able to prove this child abuse resulting in death beyond a reasonable doubt to a jury.'"
[...]

The Ramseys and their now-adult son Burke were exonerated in the case in July 2008 by then-District Attorney Mary Lacy, based on updated analysis of DNA samples from JonBenet's clothing -- although numerous prosecutors labeled her doing so as both unusual and questionable.

Former Ramsey attorney Morgan, however, said, "In the intervening years, the techniques for retrieving and testing DNA improved to the point where it conclusively demonstrated the Ramseys' innocence. "
[...]

With Lacy's exoneration of the Ramseys and their son, Burke, in 2008, and the news now that a grand jury in 1999 determined that both parents should face charges, plus the false arrest in 2006 of a confessed intruder suspect, John Mark Karr, and death that same year of Patsy Ramsey, a key witness no matter who the defendant, a case that has seemed star-crossed from the first day might appear farther than ever from seeing a firm resolution.

Current Boulder District Attorney Stan Garnett, upon taking office for his first term in January 2009, announced he was returning the Ramsey case -- which Lacy had taken over from the police department -- back to the police. And it is with the Boulder Police Department that the Ramsey case now resides.

"The Boulder police are in charge of the investigation, and if the state of the evidence changes to where charges can be filed consistent with Colorado ethical standards for prosecution, I will do so and will say whatever I have to say about this case on the record and in open court," Garnett said recently. "I will have no comment otherwise about the state of the evidence."

Referring to Lacy's exoneration of the Ramseys, Garnett said, "As I have said before, the exoneration speaks for itself. But all that matters to me as district attorney is the evidence, and where it leads. We'll follow the evidence wherever it leads us."

Wise and Grant both question the validity of Lacy's exoneration, and they say Garnett -- and his successors -- are not bound by it.

"It's more inappropriate than anything else," Grant said. "It's not a prosecutorial duty to exonerate people. It's a prosecutorial duty to seek justice and to prosecute the bad guys. If you don't have a bad guy to prosecute, don't exonerate people who are at least peripherally under suspicion. I didn't think it was appropriate at all."

Many observers, taking note of the many problems and conflicts that have plagued the case over the years, have theorized that it could now never successfully be prosecuted, short of a confession backed by corroborating DNA evidence.

But Garnett rules nothing out.

"In my first term, we made cold case prosecution a priority," Garnett said, "and in Ryan Brackley, I have one of the best cold case prosecutors in the United States on my staff. Certainly, the Ramsey case is one of the cold cases we would take great satisfaction in solving and filing and pursuing in court."

A juror, reflecting on the grand jury experience, and Hunter's decision not to prosecute the indictment, emphasized that the entire matter has long been out of the jurors' hands.

"I believe and feel our effort was well executed, the results of which were, as they say, pro bono publico, for the public good," the juror said.

"You say, 'Our job was well done, we gave them an opinion.' What happened after that, we went through all that and you find out that the bottom line was the district attorney felt there wasn't enough evidence to proceed with any further effort in this regard.

"Can he do that? Yes, he most certainly can."
http://www.denverpost.com/arcade/ci_22446410/boulder-grand-jury-voted-indict-ramseys

Back