• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
full

The five people found dead in a home in western Massachusetts after a fire were the result of a murder-suicide.

The bodies of three children, a man, a woman and two dogs were found in the house in Sheffield after a fire there Wednesday morning. The fire also appeared to have been intentionally set, sources told the WBZ I-Team.

Sources say it appears a husband stabbed his wife and intentionally set the fire killing her, their three children and himself.

The bodies of twin seven year old’s and a toddler were found on the second floor of the home along with the body of their father Luke Karpinski. His wife, Justine Wilbur, was found on the first floor and had apparently been stabbed.

“At this time, the evidence indicates that Luke Karpinski was the assailant,” District Attorney Andrea Harrington said Thursday. “

Investigators are still searching for a motive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't all criminals and murderers off themselves at the end of the crime? That would eliminate so much bullshit and pay for a better mental health system (not that the money WILL go there, it'll get sucked into The Wall, but it COULD) and not burden taxpayers who struggle in the middle classes. (LOL see that joke? There's no middle classes anymore:confused::hilarious:)

Does it seem like there are a lot of upper / upper middle class family killing men in the news lately? I ended up googling this and Wikipedia came through.
"
The internal logic for family annihilation can stem from a number of sources.
David Wilson of Birmingham City University has divided these cases into four groups: anomic, disappointed, self-righteous and paranoid.
In this typology, the anomic killer sees his family purely as a status symbol; when his economic status collapses, he sees them as surplus to requirements. The disappointed killer seeks to punish the family for not living up to his ideals of family life. The self-righteous killer destroys the family to exact revenge upon the mother, in an act that he blames on her. Finally, the paranoid killer kills their family in what they imagine to be an attempt to protect them from something even worse.[15]"

I wonder which one this was. Probably one of the first three...

Why don't all criminals and murderers off themselves at the end of the crime? That would eliminate so much bullshit and pay for a better mental health system (not that the money WILL go there, it'll get sucked into The Wall, but it COULD) and not burden taxpayers who struggle in the middle classes. (LOL see that joke? There's no middle classes anymore:confused::hilarious:)
Because they are cowards. I agree with you though.

Does it seem like there are a lot of upper / upper middle class family killing men in the news lately? I ended up googling this and Wikipedia came through.
"
The internal logic for family annihilation can stem from a number of sources.
David Wilson of Birmingham City University has divided these cases into four groups: anomic, disappointed, self-righteous and paranoid.
In this typology, the anomic killer sees his family purely as a status symbol; when his economic status collapses, he sees them as surplus to requirements. The disappointed killer seeks to punish the family for not living up to his ideals of family life. The self-righteous killer destroys the family to exact revenge upon the mother, in an act that he blames on her. Finally, the paranoid killer kills their family in what they imagine to be an attempt to protect them from something even worse.[15]"

I wonder which one this was. Probably one of the first three...

You're not wrong, but lets not forget the women who take this route. Although they most often seem to leave the husband alive to suffer.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minnesota-mom-allegedly-kills-2-children-then-herself-investigators

I just gotta ask, did David Wilson evaluate female perpetrators of this sick crime or ignore them out of fear of academic scorn or potential allegations of misogyny? The language of the quote tends to suggest he didn't.

Last edited:
You're not wrong, but lets not forget the women who take this route. Although they most often seem to leave the husband alive to suffer.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minnesota-mom-allegedly-kills-2-children-then-herself-investigators

I just gotta ask, did David Wilson evaluate female perpetrators of this sick crime or ignore them out of fear of academic scorn or potential allegations of misogyny? The language of the quote tends to suggest he didn't.
Based on my decade on this site, it seems like mostly religious reasons.

Back