• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
This is the 50-pound tumor that was growing inside an Idaho woman for decades - but she put her weight gain and painful symptoms down to aging.

By last February, Brenda Cridland could barely eat a bite of food without feeling stuffed and out of breath.

Eventually, her family persuaded her to get checked eight months ago and she decided to see a doctor.

That's when a CAT scan revealed she had an enormous tumor that had displaced her organs and was cutting off the blood supply to her brain.

Cridland, of Meridian, underwent two-and-a-half hours of surgery to remove the mass, which luckily was benign and was caused by undiagnosed endometriosis.

After the surgery, Cridland was 65 pounds lighter.

'My stomach was like a rock,' Cridland told KTVB.

'I would take one bite of something and it would make me feel nauseous and like it was stuck in my chest.'

But it all took a turn in February last year, when she could barely eat anything.

She decided to see a doctor just to be sure, so the doctor ordered a CAT scan.

Immediately, the scan revealed something was very wrong.

'He showed me the tumor on the CAT scan and it was very scary because it was cutting off the blood supply to my brain,' Cridland told KTVB.

'He said probably another two weeks it would have been life or death.'

Cridland said the mass was pushing her intestines to one side, and her stomach up towards her chest.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...ho-woman-thought-shed-just-gained-weight.html
1547781539198.png

If a larvae with scary teeth bursts out of the doctors chest, we'll know for sure.

As far as I know, it's not normal to gain 50 lbs after menopause. If you are gaining or losing significant weight without any change to your diet, you need to go to a doctor and find out why. Both of these things can be indicators of life threatening conditions that you are not qualified to diagnose.

I can be a bit head-in-the-sand about my health but shit I think I'd have accepted long before that there was something seriously wrong...

Back