• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1566392043995.png

Due to more people refusing to be vaccinated, measles cases are on the rise. Since January 1, there have been over 1,200 cases of measles across 30 states. But it's not just the United States—the United Kingdom just lost its "measles-free" designation from the World Health Organization (WHO).

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in the period from January 1 to August 15, 2019, there have been 1,203 individual cases of measles across 30 states. This is the greatest number of measles cases in the United States since 1992.

The CDC previously declared measles eliminated from the U.S. in 2000. To be considered "eliminated," it means there's been no continuous disease transmission for at least 12 months.

There's been a similar outbreak in the U.K., leading the WHO to revoke the country's measles-free status, originally awarded in 2015. In the first quarter of 2019, the BBC reports 231 confirmed cases across the United Kingdom.

The majority of new measles cases are among unvaccinated people. Though experts recommend a 95 percent vaccination rate for "herd immunity"—or, in other words, the amount of people who need to be vaccinated to keep those who cannot be vaccinated, due to allergies or other health concerns, safe—the CDC says only 91.1 percent of children aged 19-35 months have received the measles vaccine.

I've been thinking about this raise of anti-vaxxers and the spread of disease they are causing, I propose the "Craygor Anti-Vaxxer Hypothesis"

The Craygor Anti-Vaxxer Hypothesis states: "Once a critical mass of human population is reached in a given environment, the growth in the number of Anti-Vaxxers is exponential to the growth of the population in order to evidently decrease the overall population to a more sustainable environmental level through the spread of deadly diseases"

The Craygor Anti-Vaxxer Hypothesis simply stated is that anti-vaxxers are nature's way of lowering the number of people in an over-populated world by allowing preventable diseases to spread.

Edit: "Theorem" was corrected to "Hypothesis"

Last edited:
Don't even get me started on these assholes and their douchebag google "research" that "proves" VaCciNeS aRE BaD. Nine times out of ten these are the same idiots who are trying to cure serious diseases with Young Living oils, black salving their cancer and wading through their poop looking for parasites.

I've been thinking about this raise of anti-vaxxers and the spread of disease they are causing, I propose the "Craygor Anti-Vaxxer Theorem".

The Craygor Anti-Vaxxer Theorem states: "Once a critical mass of human population is reached in a given environment, the growth in the number of Anti-Vaxxers is exponential to the growth of the population in order to evidently decrease the overall population to a more sustainable environmental level through the spread of deadly diseases"

The Craygor Anti-Vaxxer Theorem simply stated is that anti-vaxxers are nature's way of lowering the number of people in an over-populated world through preventable diseases.
Excellent hypothesis @Craygor - but I wish they'd reduce the population by just eliminating themselves and not by making others suffer.....

We've finally done it; we've weaponized stupid. FUCK!!!
A long time ago.
Post automatically merged:

People in developed countries with access to vaccinations have been spoiled. They haven't seen an epidemic because people have been vaccinated against them so they can't fathom it.
Meanwhile in Myanmar they're lined up for them because they have seen what these diseases do:
b03f32d95d2b1b6c08d65f7c6f1e85cb-Vaccination.jpg

Last edited:
I've been thinking about this raise of anti-vaxxers and the spread of disease they are causing, I propose the "Craygor Anti-Vaxxer Hypothesis"

The Craygor Anti-Vaxxer Hypothesis states: "Once a critical mass of human population is reached in a given environment, the growth in the number of Anti-Vaxxers is exponential to the growth of the population in order to evidently decrease the overall population to a more sustainable environmental level through the spread of deadly diseases"

The Craygor Anti-Vaxxer Hypothesis simply stated is that anti-vaxxers are nature's way of lowering the number of people in an over-populated world by allowing preventable diseases to spread.

Edit: "Theorem" was corrected to "Hypothesis"
Cray......you got a way with....well, sayin’ shit.

These fucks with bringing back nearly-eradicated diseases.

Fuck them all. Cos with their fancy learnin’ degrees and all. WTF do epidemiologists know?

Last edited:
Fuck them all. Cos with their fancy learnin’ degrees and all. WTF do epidemiologists know?
I wanted to be an epidemiologist and immunologist. Got straight As in all of my undergrad and an A+ in Pathophysiology ...but I ended up getting a business degree because Med School is a bit too spendy.
Needless to say I find Anti-vaxxers dumb as dog shit but at the same time I wouldn't agree with a government mandate on vaccinations. Is it too much to ask people NOT to painfully stupid?

I will find it more telling who fails to chime in on here about it.
What do you mean by this? I don't have children, I don't have a dog in this fight. But I was the victim of the government's "acceptable fail rate" when I came down with the measles after being vaccinated. Which of these am I to be judged by?

WTF do epidemiologists know?
Some celebrity who spent the afternoon googling the cause du jour is obviously going to know more about that cause than the person who has studied it in-depth and can put each metaphoric cog in the intricate machinery into one's hand and explain how and why each piece fits and is important and what happens when those cogs almost work. It's obvious, isn't it?

:penguin:

--Al

The right of parents to not vaccine could be argued on many fronts, but my focus is on the children around them. Who can claim a right that extends to risking other people's children? Vaccines aren't 100% effecive. I guess I can't see overreach here, because in my era you couldn't enter school without vaccination records.

I had to either provide immunization records, provide proof of satisfactory MMR titers, or get revaccinated before I could start back to school. My titers were good,so I was able to return. That was only in 2017.

--Al
I got an MMR booster this year at Rite Aid, insurance paid 100%, just had the 1 before. I am 45. My daily life takes me among the varied populations of a major US city. Rather not risk lives because I need to take public transportation to make our money.

This shit's all broken.

Childrens' right to grow up without experiencing these diseases is greater than any idiotic parent's demands to dictate otherwise through vaccine denial.

Parents who proceed this way are by definition unfit parents. But USA and UK's child welfare systems cannot even keep up with the parents who starve their kids nearly to death. There won't be any sweeping laws fixing THIS one anytime soon.

The right of parents to not vaccine could be argued on many fronts, but my focus is on the children around them. Who can claim a right that extends to risking other people's children? Vaccines aren't 100% effecive. I guess I can't see overreach here, because in my era you couldn't enter school without vaccination records.
There's a measles outbreak going on in the Netherlands currently, despite that fact that any school age child must be vaccinated unless religious or medical grounds are claimed. Only this time the government has had it with the anti vaxing nuts.

There is a new law being passed that ALL children must be vaccinated, regardless of religion or any other factor. The only way to get around it now will be if your child is allergic to the vaccines. It will require a lengthy process to have your child exempt. All children in Holland have whats is essentially considered a legal guardian. If at any point a school, doctor, etc etc determine you aren't doing what needs to be done for your child, they have the legal guardian sign off on the treatment.

There will be no possible way for people to circumvent getting their kids vaccinated anymore.

@Craygor I've actually had multiple measles shots(you can thank me later :p ) because when I was 18 they found out that I'm a carrier for multiple things, including measles. I will not get sick from it, but I can transmit it to others. It's not advised in anyone over 16 to receive measles shots because it causes arthritic like symptoms in your joints. I had a small spawn of my own and plenty of nieces and nephews and other babehs I was around.. so I choose to have the shots redone.

Cray......you got a way with....well, sayin’ shit.

These fucks with bringing back nearly-eradicated diseases.

Maybe the next time people in some developing country start keeling over, bleeding from their eyes and ears, we should fly in Jenny McCarthy, Andrew Wakefield, and Joseph Mercola with essential oils and herbal supplements, instead of the Center for Disease Control with disinfectant and biohazard suits.

There's a measles outbreak going on in the Netherlands currently, despite that fact that any school age child must be vaccinated unless religious or medical grounds are claimed. Only this time the government has had it with the anti vaxing nuts.
Belief in an invisible sky daddy should NOT be an approved reason to endanger the community from preventable diseases, I expect them to be wiser than that.

Only five states in the US do not allow religious exemptions, 2 of them are Mississippi and West Virginia (2 states people from other states make fun for being "stupid") don't allow religious exemptions. That shows you how "smart" those other states are.

Last edited:
Belief in an invisible sky daddy should NOT be an approved reason to endanger the community from preventable diseases, I expect them to be wiser than that.

Most of us who do believe in an invisible sky daddy are smarter than that. I honestly don't understand how some people interpret the Bible. It's just the nutty ones and the extremists who get the publicity. It's getting embarrassing to admit to being Christian in America these days, not because of any supposed persecution (don't get me started on that) but because we don't want to be thought of as complete assholes.

Most of us who do believe in an invisible sky daddy are smarter than that. I honestly don't understand how some people interpret the Bible. It's just the nutty ones and the extremists who get the publicity. It's getting embarrassing to admit to being Christian in America these days, not because of any supposed persecution (don't get me started on that) but because we don't want to be thought of as complete assholes.
You should be happy to know that most of the anti-vaxxers aren't for religious reasons. The most common tread for anti-vaxxers are they white, college educated, and have a higher income on average, religion plays a very little part of it. But with states that allow religious deferment from mandatory vaccinations, those people who are not religious will claim to be.

The most common tread for anti-vaxxers are they white, college educated, and have a higher income on average,
A while ago we had a whooping cough outbreak in my area, due to lack of vaccinations. A lot of people assumed it was ignorance or superstition in the immigrant population, but medicos said the immigrant population was mostly enthusiatic about vacinations because they knew enough recent history of their home countries to know the value.
The culprits were white college educated people who over-researched yet did not think it through.

Back