• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ells9824

Bold Member!
Five students aged 14-16 at Mercedes alternative school in McAllen,Tx, beat a teacher badly enough that he needed medical attention. The altercation began with a confrontation between the teacher and one student, several other students joined the fray, and were cheered on by yet more students.

The Mercedes DEAP serves students that are suspended more than 40 days so they do not fall behind and students needing a specialized schedule if they are working, or become a parent.

http://tinyurl.com/2vhdln

This is what we get when we try to cater to everyone. We spoon-feed these children their educations in the spirit of inclusion. As a result, we sacrifice things like pride and work ethic and replace it with a feeling of entitlement.

I believe we should make education available to everyone who wants it and quit forcing it down the throats of those who don't. The dropout rate is about 30% as is it; we simply cannot save everyone. By turning our focus to those who are already engaged, we will improve the quality of education in this country DRAMATICALLY, no longer having to stoop to the level of the lowest common denominator.

This is what we get when we try to cater to everyone. We spoon-feed these children their educations in the spirit of inclusion. As a result, we sacrifice things like pride and work ethic and replace it with a feeling of entitlement.QUOTE]

You're right. These kids are just putting in time until they can get their criminal careers started. We need to get spanking back in the schools at the lower grades and then there may be fewer thugs in the upper grades. I tremble to think what the streets will be like when every lazy, bad kid who doesn't want to go to school and has no parent at home will be free to "entertain" themselves all day. But it's unfair to make teachers have to teach them when they have no eagerness to learn.

I had a few teachers I would have liked to fight in my four-year sentence...but I don't think I woulda hospitalized the guy.

Now that I'm safe, I'd like to see nuns with rulers ready to smack back in schools.

Back