• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.theepochtimes.com/texas...ist-weve-got-tons-of-daca-voters_2710445.html
[....]
The female Project Veritas journalist, posing as a girlfriend of a potential Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) voter, told the worker that she was worried her boyfriend wouldn’t be able to vote.

“If he has his ID that’s all he needs. If he’s registered,” an election worker told her.

“It doesn’t matter that he’s not a citizen?” she responded.

“No, Don’t pay any attention to that. Bring him up here,” the official said.

Another woman chimed in, telling the journalist that “We got a lot of ’em.”

The journalist asked her for clarification, which she was happy to give.

Okay, so two people working at the polling station possibly don't understand what a DACA recipient is or is not entitled to do. Both women asked if he was lawfully registered or "in the system," and they both said he should bring his legal ID and (attempt to) vote. When dealing with the public, half the time they don't even understand what they're even trying to ask, so telling her to have him bring in his legal ID doesn't seem unreasonable to me. How people turn this into a big scandal is beyond me.

Last edited:
It would probably make more sense to you if you lived in Texas. I don't think it's okay that people working at polling stations may not know what they're talking about either.

If he’s a registered voter and has a valid ID, he should vote. It’s not the poll worker’s job to make decisions on who is legal and who isn’t. Take it up with the town registrar.

It's not about the color of their skin FFS. It's about voting LEGALLY or not. I don't cross your border and vote illegally in Canadian elections. Why is it OK with you for people to do that in my country? :shifty:
If they are legally registered to vote then these women can only assume he's proven his citizenship/eligibility when he was registered. Why is that so difficult to understand?
Post automatically merged:

If he’s a registered voter and has a valid ID, he should vote. It’s not the poll worker’s job to make decisions on who is legal and who isn’t. Take it up with the town registrar.
Some people have the hardest time understanding basic concepts. Sad. :(

“It doesn’t matter that he’s not a citizen?” she responded.

“No, Don’t pay any attention to that. Bring him up here,” the official said.

I bet if he Russian you'd all have a problem with this.

It's not about the color of their skin FFS. It's about voting LEGALLY or not. I don't cross your border and vote illegally in Canadian elections. Why is it OK with you for people to do that in my country? :shifty:
You know perfectly well that is not what it is about.
Yer a clever one and if you think it is about voter fraud you are doing yourself a serious disservice.
Not to mention it is a joke in reference to the pearl clutching crowd.

Send them all up to you. OPEN YOUR BORDERS!
Actually our borders are open.
Far more so than yours.
Our screening is also better without the thuggery or family trauma.

The sorry reality is that a large demographic in America has a serious misconception about immigration.
Make no mistake there is no easy fix to it by discussions online.
It is your country to some extent true.
Just take a moment and reflect on who was there before the boats landed though.

Send them all up to you. OPEN YOUR BORDERS!
Trudeau already invited "refugees and asylum seekers" From the USA to Canada.

Sounds like the poll workers were inviting the person to come and vote provisionally. There are a lot of poll workers with enthusiasm and get out the vote good will, but shaky on procedure. (I've been a poll worker many times. Some of my colleagues were intensely frustrating.) All you need is proof of residence in the County. Poll workers are taught to let people vote a provisional ballot if they have a valid ID.
The election office determines if the voter is eligible. If the voter keeps the ballot stub, they can confirm If the ballot was cast or get an explanation.
If a person doesn't have an ID or can't even prove where they live, they can still cast a provisional ballot if they demand one. That's not up to the poll worker, just give the person a provisional ballot and let the election office determine the eligibility.
When a person votes provisionally, they sign the same affidavit as any voter and can be arrested for fraud. Even deported.
A poll worker also signs an affidavit, and can also be arrested if caught cheating.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back