• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
"Megan Gee was arrested Wednesday in Wichita Falls, where she and her son live, and was charged with causing serious bodily injury to a child. She is accused of injuring her son through medical child abuse, better known as Munchausen syndrome by proxy, according to a Tarrant County arrest warrant affidavit.

Michael Weber, an investigator with the Tarrant County Sheriff’s Office, started investigating Gee after he was transferred the case in May. Weber detailed Gee’s alleged abuse in the affidavit, which was filed in Tarrant County Court on Wednesday.

Over four years, Gee’s son was put on 77 different medicines and hospitalized or taken to a doctor’s office 227 times, according to the affidavit. At 4 years old, he had spent at least 33% of his life in a medical facility and had a gastric feeding tube surgically inserted in his stomach.

Multiple doctors told Weber the child showed little to no symptoms of the many illnesses his mother insisted he had, the affidavit said.

Gee’s 4-year-old son was previously put into foster care during a Child Protective Services investigation in June 2017, but he was returned to his mother’s care when the investigation closed, according to the affidavit.

Gee was released on a $25,000 bail on Thursday, according to Wichita County jail records. She couldn’t be reached for comment and didn’t have an attorney listed on record."

L I N K !!

DRD1a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Whenever I read the MBP stories I have to wonder wtf is up with these doctors who just derped along and took mom’s word for it.

They need to have their medical licenses revoked. At the very least.
With a small child, doctors have to take the mother's word for it because the child can't articulate the problem and has been coached by mom + doctor shopping. She went to multiple doctors for multiple reasons.
If you read the article, it's pretty clear how she conned multiple people with vague symptoms like seizures and diarrhea. Then moved on to the next doctor before they caught on, or as they were getting suspicious.

A week after my oldest daughter was born she started to randomly stop breathing in her sleep. I rushed her to the the ER one night after an episode. She was admitted into the hospital for observations. That night she didnt quit breathing completely but her breathing would go shallow and her oxygen levels would drop low enough to set off the alarms. Next morning she was life flighted to a childrens hospital 4 hours away. We spent 2 weeks at the hospital with them testing everything they could. She had brain scans and the whole lot to rule out everything they could think of. She never suffered another episode in those 2 weeks. Not even a dip in her oxygen levels.

I felt like I was losing my damn mind. I knew something was wrong with her. I'd seen her stop breathing multiple times. Doctors were starting to question if anything was actually wrong with her.

And then she full on coded. Took them another week to figure out that it was caused because the muscles in her epiglottis were under developed. It would randomly open and close causing her breathing to be cut off or for milk to go into her airways. She only suffered a couple more attacks and if she hadnt coded the one day Im pretty sure they'd have continued to assume I was batshit crazy when the reality of it was that she was sick with something that had a very real risk of being fatal.

My point..doctors arent miracle workers. They cant be blamed for trying to treat a patient while searching for a root cause. Part of the job is using reported symptoms to figure out whats really going on. Symptoms are often generic and could go to any number of things. Even running tests(which are often really invasive to a small child) isnt a fool proof way of figuring out whats really going on.

Multiple doctors told Weber the child showed little to no symptoms of the many illnesses his mother insisted he had, the affidavit said.

And yet.......they still treated based on mom’s bullshit. Not okay.

Q: How many doctors does it take to stop a mother from harming her child via MSBP?

A: Just one. At a time.

With a small child, doctors have to take the mother's word for it because the child can't articulate the problem and has been coached by mom + doctor shopping. She went to multiple doctors for multiple reasons.
If you read the article, it's pretty clear how she conned multiple people with vague symptoms like seizures and diarrhea. Then moved on to the next doctor before they caught on, or as they were getting suspicious.
Yeah well.... When my daughter was 1 yrs old I had to take her to six different doctors to get a fucking strep test done.... Bc they all kept telling me 1 yr olds didn't normally get it even tho three of us already had it and she had all the symptoms I was pissed she went for months with continuously having the strep come back bc no one would take five minutes to conduct a simple test... Finally got one doctor that did it... And guess what... She had strep.... So I still don't see how this maniacal self absorbed soul eating witch could get doctors to perform all this shit on this kid without them conducting numerous testings before sticking tubes in this child! A few steps further and this would have came out like the gypsy Rose case . My brother works with her grandma and a few of the points in the show are a bit off... But .... Def close to the story line. This hack deserves what gypsys mom got.

Like Muriel said she doctor shopped and the first thing the doctor/hospital must do is treat the patient.

There is also a fear of a lawsuit if they don't treat the child and the child dies.

Evidence must be collected and tests done to determine if the mother is the cause of the child's illness.

The child should never be returned to this mother again.

Yeah well.... When my daughter was 1 yrs old I had to take her to six different doctors to get a fucking strep test done.... Bc they all kept telling me 1 yr olds didn't normally get it even tho three of us already had it and she had all the symptoms I was pissed she went for months with continuously having the strep come back bc no one would take five minutes to conduct a simple test... Finally got one doctor that did it... And guess what... She had strep.... So I still don't see how this maniacal self absorbed soul eating witch could get doctors to perform all this shit on this kid without them conducting numerous testings before sticking tubes in this child! A few steps further and this would have came out like the gypsy Rose case . My brother works with her grandma and a few of the points in the show are a bit off... But .... Def close to the story line. This hack deserves what gypsys mom got.
That's horrible, had strep once and it's like swallowing glass. Finding a good dr that listens is like finding a honest mechanic or a real good oral hygienist.

That's horrible, had strep once and it's like swallowing glass. Finding a good dr that listens is like finding a honest mechanic or a real good oral hygienist.
Yeah that's no shit !! I'm lucky enough to of found a decent mechanic only bc my dad has known him for 30 years

Back