• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
[....]
Louisiana State Police say it happened shortly after 2 a.m. Friday at the Black Bayou Bridge about six miles south of Lake Charles. Investigators say a boat on the Intracoastal Waterway was passing under the bridge, so it was closed to traffic.

Witnesses say the car’s passenger pushed the gate arm up and they drove up to the raised ramps. Then they backed up, and then accelerated forward, trying to jump to the other side. The vehicle landed in the water instead, and sank.

Both men were pronounced dead at the scene. Their names have not been released.

Please note: Red Bull does not give you or your car wings of any kind; not even water wings. Ah, 2 am, that explains it!

I understand the exuberance of youth and was thinking that it was kind of cool someone tried, because I was thinking it was "normal" drawbridge with two tall ends going up and a relatively short span to clear, so I would understand the allure of going for it , but that is not the case. These were morons and it wasn't just because they died, but it should have been obvious to them that it was impossible to succeed, I'll tell you why.

The Black Bayou Bridge is not a "drawn bridge", but a 125' pontoon swing bridge, which means two tiny sections of the bridge on either end lift up and a fucking 125' center section swings downstream. Look at the fucking angle of the small raised section (the lower on in the pic shows how steep it is). These dumb fucks thought they could hit a very steep section of road and fly over 125' successfully. I have a feeling these idiots died before going into the water, they probably broke their necks as they hit that steeply raised section, or at least knocked themselves out, by they force of hitting and launching off the bridge. Fucking morons, I certainly hoped they didn't fucking reproduce and pass on their retarded genes.

full

Two Texas men died Friday after they tried to jump over an open drawbridge with their car, authorities said.

Louisiana State Police responded to a single-car crash shortly after 2 a.m. at the Black Bayou Bridge about six miles south of Lake Charles. Investigators said the bridge was closed to traffic to let a boat pass.

A witness told police that the passenger got out of the car and pushed the gate arm up. The man then got back into the car as the driver drove toward the ramp at the end of the bridge, the police department said in a press release on its Facebook page.

Download the NBC News app for breaking news

The driver stopped briefly, reversed and then "accelerated forward in an attempt to 'jump' the ramp of the bridge." police said.

The car landed in the water and sank to the bottom. The driver was found inside the car, and the passenger was found outside the vehicle after first managing to escape, investigators said. The men, whose identities have not been revealed, were pronounced dead at the scene.

Sorry GT. This is a dupe.

But props for the photo.
Post automatically merged:

Wait, is that a human head sticking out of the windshield area???

Holy shit, I can't believe alcohol might have been a factor :penguin:
.....The driver put the car in reverse, stopped then raced up the ramp but the car landed in the water. It sank to the bottom with the driver, 23-year-old Alejandro Cazares of McAllen, Texas, in it. The other man -- 32-year-old Roberto Alejandro Moreno of Edinburg, Texas -- got out of the car but died in the river.

Investigators are working to determine whether alcohol or drugs were a factor.

Back