• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Waco police report a 26-year-old woman has been arrested after officers found that an 18-month-old girl had been left alone in a car while the woman was taking a tanning session inside a local tanning salon.

Gabriella Ayisha Lazarine was booked into the McLennan County Jail late Tuesday night on a charge of abandoning or endangering a child with intent to return.

Police got a call at 9:35 p.m. Tuesday from a citizen who reported the child was alone in a car at the Tanfastic Tanning Salon.

The car was gone when officers arrived, but in speaking to attendants at the salon learned the woman had booked a 12-minute tanning session and that the child had been alone in the car about fifteen minutes.

Police were able to determine Lazarine's identity and went to her home where she was arrested. The girl was left with her father.

But.....but....but....I HAD TO TAN!
Post automatically merged:

Sorry for the double post but the tanning salons I’ve been to before all had beds in small, individual rooms. I’ve seen woman bring their kids in the room, hand them a tablet or something and let them sit for the 15 minutes they’re tanning. Ideal? No, but way more ideal than leaving a kid in the car!

Last edited:
But.....but....but....I HAD TO TAN!
Post automatically merged:

Sorry for the double post but the tanning salons I’ve been to before all had beds in small, individual rooms. I’ve seen woman bring their kids in the room, hand them a tablet or something and let them sit for the 15 minutes they’re tanning. Ideal? No, but way more ideal than leaving a kid in the car!

I used to own a tanning salon, it's not good for the littles eyes to be exposed to the tanning rays. But I never once refused to watch a kid for the then 20-28 minute sessions. I'd make them sign something that I wasn't responsible for any injury that might occur (Mom was a paralegal, Stepdad was a lawyer) and let them play in an empty room. Our walls didn't go all the way to the ceiling, so I could hear them even if I couldn't always see them. It wasn't a big deal. Of course the idea of helping out someone else wasn't quite as foreign a concept then as it feels like it is these days.

Back