• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
[....]
News outlets report that former Chattanooga police officer Desmond Logan reached a plea agreement Wednesday in federal court in which he also admitted to pulling a stun gun on a woman to prevent her from leaving her car.
full

According to court documents, the 33-year-old has agreed to plead guilty to two counts of deprivation of rights. Each count carries up to 10 years in prison and $250,000 in fines.

Logan resigned in February before he could be fired.

Earlier this year, two retired Chattanooga officers were accused of helping suppress allegations against Logan.

The women say they notified police, but an official probe wasn’t launched until the county sheriff was notified.

One of at least three women who were allegedly raped by former Chattanooga police officer Desmond Logan is suing the city, claiming the department knew of prior sexual misconduct, covered up rape for years and has a history of ignoring wrongdoing.

The woman filed a federal suit on Monday seeking unspecified compensatory damages and for her legal costs to be covered. The lawsuit claims she was raped and then ignored when she tried to report the incident at Hamilton County Jail.

The lawsuit claims the city was aware of Logan's misconduct years prior but allowed him to continue working, citing a 2016 report received by a police lieutenant outlining sexual misconduct early in Logan's tenure while he worked an event at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.

Logan was fired by UTC campus police for the misconduct but did not face discipline from the department, according to records previously obtained by the Times Free Press. During the incident, Logan allegedly had a woman drive him to an empty parking lot where he grabbed her, pulled out his handcuffs and later fired his stun gun, according to an incident report outlining the details of that night.
[....]
The plaintiff was the most recent woman to accuse Logan of misconduct during his time on the force.

At least three women accused the officer of rape, with a fourth woman — the one at UTC — detailing additional sexual misconduct. The three other women were not included in the lawsuit because the statute of limitations has passed, Phillips said. A fifth woman, Benita Williams, formerly Benita Trammell, was arrested by Logan and asked to dance to avoid jail time, she told the Times Free Press when contacted about the arrest.

Two of the women who claim they were raped by Logan, including the plaintiff's family, confirmed the assaults to the Times Free Press. A third contacted Phillips after a Times Free Press investigation into the previous alleged rapes. The Times Free Press articles on the subject are cited throughout the lawsuit.

Each of the accusers claim to have notified representatives of the Chattanooga Police Department of the rapes but said they were ignored. The most recent one, who filed the lawsuit, reported the incident to the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office in June. Chattanooga police Chief David Roddy claimed the incident involving the plaintiff was the first report of sexual misconduct against the officer in a news conference. All sexual misconduct allegations involving any Chattanooga Police Department officer are taken seriously and investigated with due diligence, he said at the time. The woman's complaint came several years after the initial reports of rape against Logan.

The Hamilton County district attorney's office asked the sheriff's office to investigate, spokeswoman Melydia Clewell said earlier this year. The Chattanooga Police Department also began its own internal affairs investigation. Logan resigned via email in the minutes before his internal affairs hearing in which he was scheduled to be fired.
[....]
The plaintiff in the lawsuit was allegedly raped in June 2018 in a parking lot by Logan while he was on duty and acting in his capacity as a police officer. The woman was driving with friends around 9 p.m. on June 11, according to the lawsuit. She pulled in to a gas station near the intersection of Bailey and Dodds avenues. Logan followed them in and placed the plaintiff under arrest when she got out of the restroom, according to the lawsuit.

He threatened the woman with federal charges and told her she would "have the chance to talk her way out of it," according to the lawsuit. He allegedly drove her to a parking lot, took her out of the car and told her that was her chance to talk. He then pushed her against the car and raped her, according to the lawsuit, before taking her to Hamilton County Jail where she was placed in a room alone. Video from Logan, his vehicle and the jail are not being released by Noblett due to an "ongoing investigation."

The woman allegedly tried to tell officers about the assault but was not taken seriously and ignored, according to the lawsuit. She was allegedly strip searched and not booked until the next day.

The incidents involving Logan add to the department's pattern of overlooking misconduct, according to the lawsuit. It mentions four previous incidents of misconduct at the department ranging from interfering with a murder investigation to protect an officer's family member to alleged lax action against sexual harassment of female employees.

"Had Logan been removed from the force following either or both of the prior incidents, [the plaintiff] would have been spared the humiliation, indignity, and violation to which she was subjected by Officer Logan while he was on duty, in uniform, and in a police vehicle," according to the lawsuit.

Rape shouldn't be punishable by prison unless it was physically violent or the woman was a virgin. It's just a few minutes of sex, but we imprison maim and murder men for it just because she felt he shouldn't get sex for free, that she didn't get her vagina's worth of money and power. Plus the vast majority of rape accusations are a woman with a boyfriend getting caught cheating and crying rape to escape accountability. Most women see nothing wrong with this as they are taught to avoid responsibility and see men as disposable. The maximum penalty for rape that isn't physically violent should be a fine and community service.
Oh I get it now. I was baffled by one of your comments on another thread. Now I see you, buddy. Hope you get some pussy soon.
Post automatically merged:

Oh I get it now. I was baffled by one of your comments on another thread. Now I see you, buddy. Hope you get some pussy soon.
But not by force, ok?

Rape shouldn't be punishable by prison unless it was physically violent or the woman was a virgin. It's just a few minutes of sex, but we imprison maim and murder men for it just because she felt he shouldn't get sex for free, that she didn't get her vagina's worth of money and power. Plus the vast majority of rape accusations are a woman with a boyfriend getting caught cheating and crying rape to escape accountability. Most women see nothing wrong with this as they are taught to avoid responsibility and see men as disposable. The maximum penalty for rape that isn't physically violent should be a fine and community service.
Yeah, you sound like someone who should be taken seriously.

Desmond Ladon Logan, the former Chattanooga police officer who admitted to raping three women in his custody and using a Taser on a fourth woman, has been sentenced to 20 years in federal prison, the maximum amount possible under his plea agreement.

Logan stood before U.S. District Judge Curtis Collier and said, "I'd like to apologize for all the trouble it's caused ... I am not a bad person. I made mistakes. I never hurt anyone."

Defendants are allowed to address the court before they are sentenced if there is anything they wish the judge to consider when weighing punishment.

Although difficult to understand at times due to his mask and the low volume of his voice, Logan continued, "I've done things wrong — moral things wrong, [but] I never hurt anyone."

His victims, however, have a different perspective.

"I was barely afraid of anything before this happened to me, and now I am afraid to get out on the street by myself," wrote one woman, identified as D.H., who Logan assaulted in a parking lot near the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in 2016.

Victim impact statements by her and one other woman were attached to a sentencing memorandum filed by prosecutors earlier this month.

D.H. stopped cooking for her family, she wrote. She's afraid to go on walks alone. She's afraid of law enforcement, a group she was raised to trust and respect, she said, and Logan took that trust away from her.

She sometimes falls into deep pits of depression, her statement says, and she can't always afford her medication, so she's had to go on Medicare.

Another victim, identified as N.S., has said she lives with guilt for not reporting him when she says he raped her in 2015.

Back in the courtroom on Wednesday, Logan's denial of causing anyone harm came after his attorney, Sam Byrd, asked Judge Collier to consider his client's acceptance of responsibility when deciding on a sentence.

Chattanooga police Chief David Roddy on Wednesday reiterated his characterization of Logan as "an absolute disgrace of a human being."

"To stand in front of a judge and say he never hurt anyone is despicable and reprehensible," he said in a statement to the Times Free Press. "Desmond Logan has hurt many his family, officers, friends outside the department, but none more than the women he's raped."

Logan has been investigated by the FBI and the civil rights division of the U.S. Department of Justice since June 2018.

"The actions of Desmond Logan jeopardized public safety and violated the trust of the citizens of Chattanooga he swore to protect," J. Douglas Overbey, U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Tennessee, said in a statement. "This case exhibits our continued efforts to prosecute those who would abuse their authority to commit acts of violence and injustice against members of our community. Our office will continue to stand by and protect the victims of such crimes."

Logan pleaded guilty to two counts of deprivation of civil rights for the rapes of two women as part of a plea agreement. He also admitted to two additional assaults as part of the agreement.

The agreement would, according to prosecutors, hold him publicly accountable for the assaults and spare the victims from having to endure a trial. In exchange, he faced no additional federal charges for the two assaults to which he admitted.

Logan stood before U.S. District Judge Curtis Collier and said, "I'd like to apologize for all the trouble it's caused ... I am not a bad person. I made mistakes. I never hurt anyone."

Defendants are allowed to address the court before they are sentenced if there is anything they wish the judge to consider when weighing punishment.

Although difficult to understand at times due to his mask and the low volume of his voice, Logan continued, "I've done things wrong — moral things wrong, [but] I never hurt anyone."

I wished the judge could have said

*since youre a remorseless bastard im doubling your time. Your sentence is now 40 years.

Back