• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
tell_me_who_i_am__1602971__00_29_29_16__42472.png

The documentary’s subjects are Alex and Marcus Lewis, identical twin brothers who are now in their 50s. When they were 18, growing up in a wealthy, aristocratic family in Sussex, England, Alex got into a motorcycle accident. He fell into a coma for six weeks, and when he woke up, he had lost all of his memories. He didn’t remember his house, he didn’t remember his childhood, he didn’t know what country he was in, and he didn’t recognize his own mother. But by some mystery of twin biology, Alex instantly recognized Marcus as his brother and someone he could trust. When the brothers’ parents proved to be less-than-helpful in Alex’s slow recovery, it became Marcus’s job to tell Alex his life story....

Marcus started Alex with the basics: Here’s what a table is, here’s what a TV is, here’s where you sleep. He showed him pictures of their childhood. He re-introduced Alex to his friends and girlfriend, who they didn’t tell about Alex’s condition and which, apparently, wasn’t much of an issue. Alex accepted everything Marcus told him without question. He didn’t press on any particular topic and filled in the blanks based on the idyllic families he saw on TV. If Marcus told him they took a family vacation to France one summer, he assumed they did that every summer. It seemed to Alex that he had a happy, normal, and fairly privileged childhood.....

The hints that the Lewis brothers did not have a happy childhood begin in the first act, which is told from Alex’s point of view. It’s revealed that the brothers were not allowed to go upstairs in their own home. In fact, they didn’t even sleep in the house—they slept in a converted garden shed. Alex, with no other frame of reference, assumed this was normal. But he began to feel he was missing something when their stepfather was diagnosed with cancer and, as his dying wish, asked his sons for forgiveness. Alex said yes, but Marcus said no. When asked why, Marcus simply replied, “It’s complicated.” ....

Full Story:
https://decider.com/2019/10/17/tell-me-who-i-am-spoilers-netflix-documentary/?_ga=2.195141676.1683816615.1571144057-722471464.1568831637

I refuse to watch Netflix for personal reasons and hope they go bankrupt, their stock has lost 1/3 of its value this year:D but this does sound interesting, wonder what the hell was going on in that family

Back