• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
katiejadegates19.jpg

A Florida Woman who “wanted to eat more than her fair share of tomatoes at the dinner table” is facing criminal charges after allegedly assaulting elderly relatives who thwarted her grubby vegetable gambit, records show.

Katie Jade Gates, 19, allegedly became incensed when she was denied additional tomatoes during supper on September 12 at her family’s home in Callahan, a town 20 miles north of Jacksonville.

Gates’s grandmother told police that the teenager “began to throw a fit because she couldn’t have more tomatoes at the dinner table.” Gates allegedly threw a water bottle at her grandfather and a pack of cigarettes at a 73-year-old female relative (who was struck in the eye by the airborne tobacco).

When confronted about her behavior by her grandfather, Gates allegedly grabbed a knife and began threatening him with it. “Motherfucker, I’ll stab you in your fucking face,” she said, according to a Nassau County Sheriff’s Office report. Gates, witnesses told cops, chased her grandfather with the knife and poked the weapon at his face.

During police questioning, Gates reportedly admitted hitting her relative in the face with the cigarette pack. She also acknowledged picking up a knife and approaching her grandfather, but denied “attempting to strike him with the knife in her hand during the argument.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Throwing a monumental tantrum like that earns you a good time out in a 6 x 6 concrete cell. Though, I couldn't fathom saying no to my kid wanting more fruits/vegetables, wonder what gives? Why would Grandma say no to something like that?

Exactly. As a parent, I don’t care how old they are, if it’s fruit and veg and they ask for more and it’s there, they can have as much as they like.....

Throwing a monumental tantrum like that earns you a good time out in a 6 x 6 concrete cell. Though, I couldn't fathom saying no to my kid wanting more fruits/vegetables, wonder what gives? Why would Grandma say no to something like that?

Usually kids don't end up like this because of good parenting. She learned this behavior somewhere.

PSA....*steps on soapbox*
I work in special ed and have known maaaaany kids with emotional-behavioral disabilities. It ALWAYS goes back to the parents! Especially those that had kids young & poor and just could not get their shit together to be a halfway decent parent. I can think of only one exception, and in that case the child's emotional issues were likely due to extensive medical trauma as an infant/toddler.

Personally, I love tomatoes. Especially homegrown. Sliced up nice and thick with some salt and pepper - delicious.

But I'm not gonna take a knife to grandpappy over some veggies!
Then you don’t love them enough. I will cut a bitch for some vine ripe maters

Back