• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

freakinfantastic

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- A 17-year-old boy whose girlfriend had reportedly just broken up with him drove his car off the summit of Pikes Peak, plunging 900 feet into an area known as "Bottomless Pit."

The incident occurred at about 1 p.m. Wednesday, and it took more than eight hours to rescue the injured driver.

According to rescuers, the boy drove off the 14,110-foot summit, in front of a crowd of tourists, at about 35 mph. As the car rolled down the steep slope, the teen was ejected from the tumbling car.

The first rescuers to reach the teen used a fire hose as a safety line to climb down from the summit.

Search and Rescue team member Dave Doren told the Colorado Springs Gazette newspaper that the teen was conscious when they reached him and he was conscious during the entire rescue.

A Colorado Springs police officer was overheard telling tourists that the teen had just broken up with his girlfriend.

The teen was finally hoisted to the summit by 8:30 p.m., where a Chinook helicopter landed and transported him to a park near Memorial Hospital in Colorado Springs. The chopper was too large to land on the hospital's helipad.

The teen's condition has not been released, but KRDO TV reported that he had closed head injuries.

In 1992, a college student was killed when he drove off the mountain. His girlfriend had broken up with him, according to the Gazette.

:jaw:

Holy Shit!!! He is one lucky to be alive!! There must be some reason that he is still here.

Hopefully he will wise up and realize that there are other girls out there! And no one is worth killing yourself !!!

:car:

Holy Shit!!! He is one lucky to be alive!! There must be some reason that he is still here.

Hopefully he will wise up and realize that there are other girls out there! And no one is worth killing yourself !!!

:car:

No shit huh? That is exactly what I was thinking....how is he still alive?

I think the ejection from the car saved his life to be honest....

However it is horribly tragic that a teenager resorts to this over a girl though. They have such short foresight to see tomorrow is a new day and 10 years from now things don't matter. They live in the here and now so much that it is hard to see the future.

Someday he is going to look back at this and wonder WTF was he thinking. That is... if his brain is still functional.

If this is the second suicide attempt there, why don't they put up some type of concrete barriers? Sheesh. I hope the stupid kid makes a full recovery. :doh:

Back