• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
Not only is "Teen Mom" star Amber Portwood being investigated by the police in Anderson, Ind., for domestic violence, she could face felony charges for beating on ex-fiance Gary Shirley in front of their toddler, Leah, according to HollywoodLife.com. The incident was caught by MTV's cameras and aired on Sept. 28. (The episode airs again on Oct. 29.)

The Coalition Against Domestic Violence told the website that domestic violence in front of a child under the age of 14 in that state can result in felony charges. Law enforcement in Indiana confirmed to HollywoodLife.com that the charges are a possibility in Portwood's case.

But that's not all. The Indiana Department of Child Services is also investigating the situation. The DCS told HollywoodLife.com that anyone who suspects or witnesses child abuse must report the situation to the Indiana Child Abuse Hotline, which means the department may soon be calling in potential witnesses.

Could Portwood's neighbor Tiffany Harless be a potential witness? In the current issue of Life & Style Weekly, the magazine reported that police were called to Portwood's home in April after she and Harless got into a physical confrontation over a parking spot. Harless told the magazine that during the entire fight, Leah was alone in the home. "Her child was upstairs the whole time by herself. No one else was coming or going out of that house, and no one was looking out for the baby."
[...]
video at link
http://theclicker.todayshow.com/_news/2010/10/18/5313124-teen-mom-amber-may-face-felony-charges

I am sure glad she is getting her little selfish bratty ass in trouble. I watched that episode and I was disgusted and angered by what I was watching.

You should watch it, whisp. It makes you angry and all you will think about is your Casey, lol. I swear, I pulled my 16 year old and sat him down, told him that if he ever laid a hand on his girlfriend, or wife, I would kick his ass. Also, if he was being beaten and stayed, I would beat his ass. So basically he shouldn't fear his spouse, it's me that has the problem, lol. No all kidding aside, it was a very disgusting display of immaturity and lack of self control I have seen in a while.

I took a Family Violence class one summer and there is a lot of research on the effects of witnessing violence for children (particularly domestic violence).

I was astounded that it could have such horrible effects that can last a lifetime for children.

With that in mind I think that more states should have laws on the books to protect children from this. It can seriously lead to a lifetime of emotional issues for kids who have no choice, no control and no means of escape. It can be a life sentence.

I think I am bothered by Amber on every episode of teen mom.. The baby is never happy around her and she is always mad at the baby. Then you see the baby over at Gary's moms house and she seems so happy. She made a big deal about wanting to get married and as soon as she got the ring she decided he wasn't the one for her. Then this stupid bitch moves some dude on parole in with her and her kid and has him changing diapers & dressing her kid. When I seen that I thought about this site and all these dumb ass mothers whose kids get molested or beat to death. She met the guy at walmart and what was it a week or two before he was living with them? Then she is an abusive bitch on top of everything else. I don't even think she cares about Gary or the baby to be honest.

anyway I hope this bitch gets what is coming to her and I hope Gary gets custody of the baby!

Last edited:
good news! i hate amber...she's a whiny mega bitch who only cares for herself...her house is dirty, she had an ex-con changing leah's diapers while her lazy ass was layed up in bed...she got mad at gary's mom for buying crib sheets for leah's bed because she was too lazy to do laundry and made leah sleep on abare matress...ugh i could go on but i dont feel like writing a novel /end rant

I hope she spends some time in jail. I was appalled when I watched her beat on her ex. It's not the first time she's done it, either. Last season she beat him up and this season she's used him as a punching bag more than once. I was glad to see he didn't hit her back and took the baby with him when he left. The baby obviously adores her daddy and wants nothing to do with Amber. I know what you mean, Twiztid! I couldn't believe she had the nerve to get pissed at Gary's mom for buying new sheets for the baby's bed. She's a lazy bitch who lays around all day popping pills. She'd better clean herself up or she's going to meet a guy who won't take kindly to getting beat up and will hit her back.

Her new boyfriend creeps me the fuck out. He's gross...just gross. I don't understand why Gary doesn't just pick up Leah and keep her?

Because they aren't married unless he has had a paternity test done he isn't considered the father of Leah, and has no rights. If he takes the baby she can call the cops on him, and she will.

He needs to take this opportunity, while she is being investigated, to take the $100 bucks or so it will take to file for custody himself. He doesn't even need a lawyer at this stage.

Because they aren't married unless he has had a paternity test done he isn't considered the father of Leah, and has no rights. If he takes the baby she can call the cops on him, and she will.

He needs to take this opportunity, while she is being investigated, to take the $100 bucks or so it will take to file for custody himself. He doesn't even need a lawyer at this stage.

Depends on if she put him on the birth cert of not. In Oregon, if you aren't married and haven't had a court determine custody then either parent can take the child and the cops can't step in. My bil took his daughter from her mom when his daughter was a few weeks old (maybe it was months, can't remember) and the cops refused to step in when she called them.

Theysaid there was no determined custody and both names were on the birth cert. The lil girl is now 17 and she still lives with her dad, I think she's seen her mom maybe 5 or 10 times in her whole life. In order for mom to get her back she would have had to go to court and plead her case which she never bothered to do because she's a lasy, selfish cunt.

I'm not so sure on the paternity thing. According to this place:

You may complete a paternity affidavit provided by the State Department of Health within 72 hours (3 days) of the birth of your child. This must be signed by both the mother and the father. This form will be made available to you in the hospital at the same time that the birth certificate is completed.

I only know to look here because, uh, there was some paternity questions when my daughter was born and laws are similar in Michigan. By signing the birth cert., my husband was verifying paternity, but this affidavit is specific to non-married couples.

That being said, GAWD, Amber Amber Amber.... how I loathe thee. I hate to see the way she treats Leah, who really, is at the fuzzy end of this sad lollipop. Gary should snap that little girl up and follow through with his threats to call CPS. Sadly, he seems hell-bent on 'making it work'. Oh, the young and stupid... I do not miss those days!

I despise Amber and I think she should be charged with abuse and have Leah taken away until she can deal with her anger (and other) issues. However, I don't think she should be charged with a felony.

She is young and immature and she needs to grow the fuck up but a felony on her record isn't going to help her do that. They can charge her with a situational misdemeanor meaning she has a misdemeanor as long as she complies with the guidelines set by the court by a certain date, otherwise it's changed to a felony.

Did he sign the birth certificate? I didn't see that. If so he needs to forget getting back with her (hello, she is fucking someone else dude, not worth your time) and focus on his kid. Don't let her go back.

Dude, does he see nothing wrong with her letting gross new man change his little girls diaper? How will he feel if this new man molests her? He needs to man up.

Ooooh, Im a big watcher of this show. And that Amber. Wow. She is young, and stupid and cannot control her anger. As for living skills, well, she doesnt really have any. Sometimes ,in the beginning, Gary was the same way,(minus the hitting) lazy, pressing buttons, ect..but he obviously loves his little girl. And I do say one thing for him, in the last episode, he flipped out over some guy changing his daughters diaper, and I was like "Yippee!". I was glad he spoke up about it and didnt back down. Thank goodness! This shit is really going to drive Miss Amber over the edge.. hopefully without the baby. Also, he does take the baby, to get her away from Ambers temper tantrums. For days at a time. And Miss Amber does what Miss Amber does, sleep, whine, fuck ,eat, do her hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, does he see nothing wrong with her letting gross new man change his little girls diaper? How will he feel if this new man molests her? He needs to man up.

I think her reaction to him being on 'work release' and his clear conniving ways is possibly the most disturbing things. She's so.... oblivious. Or desperate. I remember those days of "Oh, it's our second date and he says he loooooooves me and I'm totally the only one, omg! Let's run away forever!!!!111!!"

I don't know. But yeah, I imagine the MTV production staff is positively squirming in their seats over this one.

He flat out told her he didn't want this guy changing Leah's diapers and Amber shrugged it off and said he was overreacting and there was nothing wrong with it. Dumb bitch.

Gary's passive attitude is pissing me off too...he needs to step up and take control of the situation instead of whining about missing Amber.

I cannot stand this bitch, whatsoever. Put her in jail and give her baby to baby daddy who PAYS for her well keeping (the bed sheet thing pushed me over the edge with this pancake face..)

She is a horrid mother and deserves to be scared straight from inside a jail block.

I have lost my mind with this show. Good gawd it has turned me into a retard...She ,Miss Amber was on the season finale, and boohoo'n about what a bitch she was being, how sorry she was. Well, I know how long that'll last..You want to know whos the worst bitch..Caitlyns mom..ok ok Im done, the seasons done, hopefully my juvenile heart will go back to being an adult, cause Im boring myself and others.:sheep:

I am with you. I watch this show faithfully every week.. I thought it was a total cop out that Amber said she didn't remember hitting Gary so many times! Caitlyns mom is a total selfish bitch.. I almost cried at the end when they were all talking amongst each other and Caitlyn hugged Farrah!

Did anyone watch E News tonight? They were going to talk about Amber being pregnant again, but I left the room when they were talking about it.....damn it. But I do see some reports saying that she told Gary she was but who's to saying she isn't making it up.

Los Angeles, CA, United States (AHN) - "Teen Mom" star Amber Portwood isn't a teen anymore at 20, but she's about to be a mom for the second time. The controversial MTV reality show personality reportedly revealed to friends that she is pregnant again, but the father may not be on-again, off-again fiancé Gary Shirley.

Amber and Gary, her daughter Leah's father, learned of her new pregnancy while they were in Tennessee on vacation.

An insider told Life & Style said, "Upon their return, Gary has been telling people that Amber is pregnant again."

Unfortunately, it may not be his child that she is carrying.

Gary's best friend Jordan Sanchez told the magazine, "Yes, I've heard that Amber is pregnant. Amber has been with at least one other guy while she's still with Gary. She likes to explore."

Even worse, she may just be using her alleged pregnancy for her own gain.

Jordan continued, "Amber does manipulate Gary. Pretending to be pregnant could just be another example of her trying to manipulate him and keep people interested in the show.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7020277371?"Teen Mom.

I fucking hope she is lying.

What's ironic is that the other one, Farrah, was the one acting like a bad mom in last season. I guess with all the negative comments on her mothering skills, this girls seems to have gotten her shit together. Now it's Amber who is showing the world her lack of mothering skills, and her lack of maturity. Well last year she was a bit ape shit too, but not to this disgusting degree.

That just goes to show you how much of an idiot she is...Now she may not even know who the baby daddy is..Wonderful..wow I think my neck hurts from shaking my head at this one!

Bu-bu-but, she's a 'good moooooom'! Of course she should be totally allowed to have more babies!

*handstapleforehead*

MTV’s “Teen Mom” reality star and Anderson native Amber Portwood has been preliminarily charged with three counts of battery.

Det. Mitch Caroll of the Anderson Police Department said Thursday that police have filed two felony battery charges and one misdemeanor battery charge against Portwood relating to several incidents of domestic violence against her child’s father, Gary Shirley.

Police have MTV’s film footage as evidence of Portwood’s abuse.
http://heraldbulletin.com/breakingnews/x1996460337/Teen-Mom-charged-with-battery
MTV complied with a subpoena to turn an unedited copy of the tape over to Anderson, Indiana police on November 10th.

A criminal investigation was launched after an episode aired showing Portwood kicking and punching Shirley. According to the police affidavit, their daughter witnessed the assault.

Shirley told the police that the incidents were not staged by MTV.

Following announcement of the charges, MTV said in a statement on their site, ""We are cooperating with all parties and hope for a quick and fair resolution that allows everyone involved to move forward in a positive manner."

Portwood could face up to three years in jail, if convicted.
http://blog.al.com/scenesource/2010/11/amber_portwood_from_mtvs_teen.html

I was going to ask who the hell is Amber and what show you-all were talking about, but, DV's post answered my question.

MTV

That channel needs to be cancelled. It's crap and all the shows are crap. The producers are just as idiotic as the people they highlight.

That channel needs to be cancelled. It's crap and all the shows are crap. The producers are just as idiotic as the people they highlight.
The crap on VH1 is crappier. They should combine the two and call it "The Jerry Springer Channel".

MTV 'Teen Mom' star faces domestic battery charges
December 29, 2010, 12:55am
ANDERSON, Ind. (AP) – Prosecutors in central Indiana have filed felony domestic battery and child neglect charges against a star of the MTV reality show "Teen Mom."
[...]
Portwood was arrested Monday and jailed under a 24-hour hold until Tuesday afternoon.
Detective Mitch Carroll tells The Herald Bulletin that the child neglect charges stem from Portwood's then-1-year-old daughter being present during two filmed instances of domestic violence.

The Associated Press left a telephone message seeking comment Tuesday at the office of Portwood's attorney Robert Schembs.

Anne Houseworth of the Indiana Department of Child Services said dozens of viewers called the state's child abuse hotline to report Portwood's outbursts
http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/295338/mtv-teen-mom-star-faces-domestic-battery-charges

Back