• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Back in the 70s, my mom used to make it her mission to get as tan as she could. Now, every 3 months or so, a doctor takes a mellon baller and removes another melanoma that has popped up.
Mine are basal cell carcinomas, not melanomas, but I'm going in annually for another survey. The dermatologist zapped about a dozen actinic or solar keratoses with LN2 this last time. And the curette they used on the one BCC they took out does look like a melon baller.

--Al

After the posts of skin cancer I got scared and looked up what they looked like. I think I'm safe. lol And you're right nobody cared about skin cancer. My mother would turn almost black but it wasn't skin cancer that got her it was pancreatic cancer. My thinking is we're all going to die of something. I'm just hoping it's not painful.

When I was first diagnosed, I looked up the death rate of BCC. The flu is more dangerous.

Melanoma is a different story. Please learn what it looks like.

--Al

Grey wet sand, rocky as fuck and... well to be fair, the sun has decide this year that it's only going to make a week long appearance and go away again.

But yeah, the beaches here are miserable (Doesn't help when the sewage treatment plant leaks)
That's Portland's Willamette beaches, the rocky & sewage beaches, our coast is pretty much sand and clouds. And it's gorgeous at the beach when it's gross in Portland. We got almost an inch of rain on Saturday. Or three times what we normally get in August. :banghead:

Back