• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Alf

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
krone.jpg

A Michigan deer hunter, 14, died on Saturday after he apparently fell asleep in a cornfield and was run over by a corn harvester, according to reports.

Emergency responders were called to a field in Chandler Township -- located about 240 miles northwest of Detroit -- just before 9 a.m. A farm worker found the teenager after driving over him, a news release by the Huron County Sheriff's Office said.

Authorities said the 14-year-old, of Elkton, had been dropped off in the field so he could hunt deer. The machine operator, a 25-year-old from Pigeon, was harvesting the field with a large Krone corn chopper, according to the Huron Daily Tribune.

"Unaware anyone was in it [the field], the hunter was accidentally driven over and found by the chopper operator a very short while later," the paper reported.

Link

--Al

Last edited by a moderator:
So he was dropped off in a field and nobody checked on him?
Was he permitted to be in this field or was there a trespassing situation?
Sleeping that soundly was he passed out or did he have a hearing impediment?

I will say this is exciting news for lines of attack and defense in a coming zombie apocalypse.

So he was dropped off in a field and nobody checked on him?
Was he permitted to be in this field or was there a trespassing situation?
Sleeping that soundly was he passed out or did he have a hearing impediment?

I will say this is exciting news for lines of attack and defense in a coming zombie apocalypse.
Hell, you'd think even with a hearing impairment that he'd at least feel the vibration through the ground.

I tried to go on youtube to see a video of how load they were but all the footage had corny background music.
Pun intended I presume?
Post automatically merged:

They are incredibly loud on their own, then with the sound the corn makes, it’s virtually deafening. Really have to wonder if the kid had permission to be there, and how exactly was he planning to see anything further than 3’ in front of him in an unharvested corn field? My midwestern hunter bullshit senses are tingling

Pun intended I presume?
Post automatically merged:

They are incredibly loud on their own, then with the sound the corn makes, it’s virtually deafening. Really have to wonder if the kid had permission to be there, and how exactly was he planning to see anything further than 3’ in front of him in an unharvested corn field? My midwestern hunter bullshit senses are tingling
Totally agree, this makes no sense. You wouldn't hunt a cornfield from in the corn.

Was he run over accidentally or intentionally? That damn thing is loud. He's dead now, how do we know he was sleeping? Could've been running for his life and the driver chasing after him, I mean even at 4.5 mph anyone can get tired after a while of running for their lives.
Was he already dead when he got run over? Did someone leave his body there?
Ok my brain is going everywhere. I need more details.

I can only imagine how horrible this farmer must feel.
I was bailing 600 pound round bales. The bailers seemed jammed for a minute and then it waa fine.

Several montha later there was this one bale that the horses started to eat and then refused.
I went out and looked at it. A tiny little mummified fawn was baled up in it.

Jmo. My hinky meter is going off on this one. No one hunts deer in a cornfield. If you've ever been in a cornfield you'd understand why (unless it already been harvested). There is no way in hell you could remain asleep while a tractor that big was moving. They are loud. And as far as saying he was trying to out run it, corn harvesters are driven slow when cutting. This thing was going maybe 5 miles an hour. I think he was already dead when ran over.

Jmo. My hinky meter is going off on this one. No one hunts deer in a cornfield. If you've ever been in a cornfield you'd understand why (unless it already been harvested). There is no way in hell you could remain asleep while a tractor that big was moving. They are loud. And as far as saying he was trying to out run it, corn harvesters are driven slow when cutting. This thing was going maybe 5 miles an hour. I think he was already dead when ran over.
If he was on the ground dead it would be pretty close to impossible for the machine to pick him up. They done scoop from the ground.
Maybe it was a machine for silage? In that case, yes, he could have been there dead.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same damn thing!

Add to that the fact that he was run over in the middle of a field and it really is peculiar. As someone already pointed out, wouldn't he wait outside the field, because he wouldn't be able to see deer inside the rows of corn? I guess a lot of this will be cleared up after the autopsy results are released.

After reading the article I think it's possible one of those hunters with disabilities may have accidentally shot him, even unknowingly as in the case of a stray bullet, and the kid walked into the corn field disoriented and in the middle of the night and bled to death there.
So much to think about.
And he apparently had no disabilities.
I'm stunned!
Something new this year: The weekend is open to hunters who are deaf or hard of hearing, a Liberty Hunt qualification that was added at the request of the DNR Accessibility Advisory Council.

After reading the article I think it's possible one of those hunters with disabilities may have accidentally shot him, even unknowingly as in the case of a stray bullet, and the kid walked into the corn field disoriented and in the middle of the night and bled to death there.
So much to think about.
And he apparently had no disabilities.
I'm stunned!
Something new this year: The weekend is open to hunters who are deaf or hard of hearing, a Liberty Hunt qualification that was added at the request of the DNR Accessibility Advisory Council.
Thats whst i was thinking. He had no disabilities but his age allowed him to hunt at that time.

No way would i send my kids out during a liberty hunt.

Back