• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
DALLAS, Texas - Two North Texas parents are behind bars and facing a host of charges related to the health of their infant son. The 8-month-old was found emaciated and living in filth, according to police reports.
The child’s condition was first noticed by a 17-year-old who was attending a gathering over the weekend at a mobile home near the town of Granbury.
Magon Rutledge said she heard the baby’s tiny cries from a back bedroom. She demanded to know if his parents, 21-year-olds Justin and Brittany Alston, were going to check on him.
“Everybody’s like, ‘Justin, your baby’s crying.’ He’s like, ‘He’ll go back to sleep. He’ll go back to sleep,â€￾ Rutledge said.
No one moved so she went to the bedroom.
“I have never been so enraged in my entire life at what I saw,â€￾ Rutledge said.
The 8-month-old was emaciated and weak, lying on a bed covered in filth, according to police reports.
“I wouldn’t let my dog sleep on this bed. It was so horrible,â€￾ Rutledge said.
She said the baby’s socks were so dirty they meshed with the skin.
“It was like they were a part of him. They weren’t socks anymore,â€￾ she said.
She said she knew she had to get him help so she told her cousin to call his dad, a paramedic.
Carefully, she changed his clothes.
“I was furious and I was shaking and I was breathing hard and I was trying to be as gentle as I could with this baby because I felt like if I just moved a certain way this baby would break. He was so fragile and little,â€￾ Rutledge said. “He had these big blue eyes and they were so bright but the rest of him was just like he was gone.â€￾
Rutledge put the baby in a carseat.
“I didn’t want to lay him in this carseat. It smelled and it was dirty,â€￾ she said.
Her uncle drove him to a local hospital and later he was airlifted to Cook Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth. He remains in critical condition.
Despite finding the baby and getting him help, the teen doesn’t consider herself a hero.
“I don’t think it’s outstanding or anything like that. I did what any human being would’ve done if they were in the same circumstances I was,â€￾ she said.
Justin and Brittany Alston are now facing charges for injury to a child and abandoning or endangering a child.
Also, Brittany Alston’s 18-month-old daughter has been placed in foster care and a relative was given custo

Read more on myFOXdfw.com: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/teen-describes-finding-emaciated-baby-121311#ixzz1gY0Xldcr

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/teen-describes-finding-emaciated-baby-121311#ixzz1gWh7I2ez

(sorry if I did this wrong, I've never posted a new story before)

"“I don’t think it’s outstanding or anything like that. I did what any human being would’ve done if they were in the same circumstances I was,â€￾ she said."

Any human being but the poor babies parents.

No two ways about it those teens ARE hero's. There are human beings that act like demented fucks, not every human being is in the same class as these two, they deserve big praise. "parents" said they'd take him next week for medical care 'cause they were too busy now having a party. Nice. Fucking assholes.

Caleb Fuller, 15, and his cousin Magon Rutledge, 17, knew they could get in trouble Friday evening for attending a party at a Hood County residence near Granbury.That was because there were older people, and alcohol, at the gathering.But the teens didn't hesitate to call Fuller's father, a paramedic for 20 years, for help when they saw an emaciated baby wearing socks that were so dirty they appeared to be petrified.On Monday, Caleb Fuller's father, Paul Fuller, called the teens heroic."This child was saved by teenagers," Fuller said. "They stood up for what was right and being there for this child."Eight-month-old Riley Alston was in critical condition Monday at a Fort Worth hospital, authorities said.Riley weighed 9 pounds when he was taken to Lake Granbury Medical Center in Granbury on Friday night. A baby that age should weigh at least 18 to 22 pounds, officials said.The child's parents, Justin and Brittany Alston, both 21, were arrested Saturday and remained in the Hood County Jail in Granbury on Monday facing charges of injury to a child and abandoning or endangering a child, Hood County Sheriff Roger Deeds said.Bail was set at $160,000 each.

[...]
"The baby was just in a diaper. He had no fat, no muscles on him. He looked like he was 100 years old."
Paul Fuller tried to talk the parents into taking the baby for immediate medical care, he said, but they told him that they were having a party and would take their son to the hospital next week.
"I told them they had to take him now," he said. "They finally said, 'Go ahead and take him.'"

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/12/12/3589940/teens-praised-for-putting-babys.html#ixzz1gY3DHLmj

The less than human fucks. I hope that poor baby is placed in loving arms and recovers completely. These two need some starving days, 8 months sounds about right.
md1qxj.jpg
16kno8m.jpg

Justin Alston, Brittany Alston

Listen I have had 2 weeks of shear hell. Those 2 weeks have built up some anger and negative energy that I wouldn't mind unloading on these 2 shit stains. That bird looking bitch would just be a pile of shit after I am done. Fucking useless motherfuckers.

[MENTION=6599]Entitlementcow[/MENTION] beat me to it. Those parents aren't human. Having a party and letting their baby lie in filth, starving and close to death? It took a guest, a stranger maybe, to care enough about the baby to go look?!!! Was everyone there but her a shitfaced dolt?

“ I did what any human being would’ve done if they were in the same circumstances I was,â€￾ she said.

Aw, girl obviously hasn't read the many stories of the assholes who can save a life and don't.
Just glad that she had more sense (and balls) to save this baby.

I wonder if they got grounded. Parents, would you have grounded your kid?

I would've told them they deserved a grounding, but by saving the baby they get a free pass and ONE BEER in front of me if that's what they wanted.

Grounded the kid who saved the baby? Hell, no!! I'd take her to Beni Hana's or give her a season ski pass.

If you're talking about the parents, though, they are stupid beyond belief and if they were my kids, I'd take that baby away from them and disown their butts.

I'm not a parent, but to me, the poor judgment of going to a party with alcohol and older people is far outweighed by the good judgment of saving the baby. So I wouldn't ground my hypothetical kid.

I wonder if the child will even recover from this. For his socks to be so dirty they grew into him and him being barely larger than a new born, I can almost guarantee that he was neglected from day one. Thank God for the party. Thank God for the teenagers doing something "bad", it was little Riley's only saving grace.

The whole "He'll go back to sleep" thing kills me. They knowingly sat there for how many days and weeks letting this poor child starve and cry himself to sleep. It KILLS me.

I expect my kids to use poor judgement and do things they know they aren't supposed to do. I don't think punishment is needed if they make the right decision when it's important. Unfortunately, bad judgement is usually how kids learn ~ from their own mistakes. These 2 kids are quite remarkable. Their family should be proud!!

Sheriff Roger Deeds said on Monday that the 8-month-old boy found in a severely malnourished state Friday night at his parents' home on Rance Drive in the Sandy Beach subdivision east of Granbury is improving and his condition has been upgraded from critical to stable by doctors at Cook Children's Medical Center. The boy weighed only 9 pounds when he was discovered, Deeds said. The boy's 21-year-old parents, Justin Alston and Brittany Alston, are under arrest and facing two felony criminal counts each, according to the sheriff.

Read more: http://www.hcnews.com/shownews.asp?Story=9659#ixzz1gYvzMiYB

Paul Fuller tried to talk the parents into taking the baby for immediate medical care, he said, but they told him that they were having a party and would take their son to the hospital next week.
"I told them they had to take him now," he said. "They finally said, 'Go ahead and take him.'"

Kill them, now. Or better yet, inject them with that Krokodil shit and let them rot.

First I would like to say, from the looks of their picture this should teach ANYONE to stay off drugs...how the fuck are they 21 looking straight 40 in that picture...EW! Second, their friends are wack for saying your baby is crying and no one did anything about but a teenager...makes me think all their kids are neglected when it comes to the situation. Sad case of not a bit of common sense!

the 8-month-old boy found in a severely malnourished state Friday night at his parents' home on Rance Drive in the Sandy Beach subdivision east of Granbury is improving and his condition has been upgraded from critical to stable

Excellent! Reading things like this is the best kind of Christmas gift. :D

The bitch also has a 4 year old, who is now with a relative. One story says with the father, another says with the grandmother.

A 15-year-old boy alerted his father after finding Riley Alston lying on a sheet covered in feces and vomit, his tiny body so wasted that he looked 100 years old, said Paul Fuller, who persuaded Riley's parents to allow him to take the boy to the hospital.
Before this weekend, the couple had no history with CPS, Gonzales said.
Paul Fuller said that he tried to talk the Alstons into taking the baby for immediate medical care, but they told him that they were having a party and would take their son to the hospital next week.

“I told them they had to take him now,â€￾ he said. “They finally said go ahead and take him.â€￾

The Hood County man said he found a car seat in the living room. It had roaches and other bugs all over it.

Once it was cleaned up, Riley was placed inside and Paul Fuller took him to the hospital.
Armed with warrants, deputies were scheduled to return to the Alstons' residence Monday to search for additional evidence.
http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/12/12/3588932/hood-county-parents-held-after.html

I'd like to know what they find, if anything. It's unbelieveable that this POS mother had two other children -- alive -- and could treat this one like he didn't exist. Someone else must have been responsible for getting the other two past their infancies.

One of the teens who helped baby Riley (thanks for his name Tundra), Magon Rutledge, her FB.
Nothing on cousin Caleb Fuller. Both are awesome teens. awesome.

The two fucks had 2 other youngsters living there. They probably figured the baby was easier to ignore and put away from sight, so Riley got the shit. The hell.
HOW could they ignore his anguished cries?
Fuckers come in all brands. Old, young, race certainly doesn't matter.
I hope they are prosecuted to the wall.

I hope she doesn't 'mind me messaging her how awesome she is.

Last edited:
A young couple was sentenced to spend the next 60 years in prison for starving their baby boy nearly to death.

The evidence was overwhelming and it took the jury only 40 minutes to decide Justin and Brittany Alston were guilty.
[...]

Hood County District Attorney Robert Christian said Riley's parents may not have fed him for two months.

"Brittany told investigators when she was asked why she didn't feed this baby she said that she had other things to do, like getting the oil changed in the car," he said.

The 21-year-olds admitted to investigators they preferred drinking and smoking pot with their friends to taking care of the baby.

"These parents, I don't know if they wanted him to die but they were waiting for him to die and I believe if he had they'd have thrown him in the trash," Christian said.

Doctors had to feed Riley through an IV for some time because his little body wouldn't accept food.

He was ultimately placed in a foster home with his older sister and in just a few months he rebounded, fattening up the way a baby should.

"The foster mother is not a nurse. All she did was feed this baby," Christian said. "The only difference between the pictures is a few months and food."
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/19990633/couple-gets-60-years-for-starving-baby

OMG those pics are horrifying!!! :( So happy to see he fattened up and will hopefully fully recover!!!! I hope his organs haven't suffered permanant damage.
He looks happy :)

Oh my lord in heaven, that poor baby probably only had minutes to live when those teenagers found him. How can anyone look at that sweet baby looking like he was 100 years old and not try to help him especially his parents. I'm so glad they will never be able to create precious life again. They already had more chances than they ever deserved. The only thing that changed between those pictures was love, care and food, I believe it.

The teens are indeed amazing kids. Not JUST because as the girl said herself, almost anyone with any ounce of humanity within their bodies would take action when seeing a child in danger, but because of the fact that many teens would have felt completely uncertain and out of bounds in that situation. Even with the discomfort of the child crying in the back room, the lack of experience they have with either children as caregivers AND with this particular child/family would leave many people kind of hesitant to interfere. From the sounds of the story, it seems as though the child was in the back room and not visible, so the type of maltreatment and neglect abuse he suffered wasn't as though the assholes were slapping him in front of everyone. Hell, at that age, I may have assumed that it was a case of having the child getting used to crying himself to sleep--my mother was doing it at that time with my own little brother and that's the full amount of experience I had. It sucked and I didn't like it as an observer and thank God I didn't have to do it with mine, but I don't call that cruelty and at times it's the ONLY thing a parent can do--let the baby cry and walk away.

NOW of course, I'd say that's not cool in the midst of a party. But if I were 15? I dunno if it would have been more than just me sitting there uncomfortably and taking the parents' at their word that the child would go to sleep. I'd hope that if I'd seen the child I'd act and assume that I would have, but still it is difficult to imagine the entire picture of strength that these kids had in standing as long as they needed to stand to get the baby help he needed.

I'm sooooo sick of hearing of this type of person breeding again and again and again. I have no issue with people who don't like children, but if you dislike kids you should realize it with the first one or two you pop out and start reading up on all the myriad methods of birth control. These days you can fully enjoy any variety of sex life without the issue of pregnancy or parenthood ever hampering any part of it. Ugh.

*jumps up on table and shakes butt* fuck yeah 60yrs sounds about right to me. I love the Texas justice system coz in this case it worked. Worthless wastes of skin masquerading as humans. No more babies for these two fuck ups. 80+ yrs old when they get out if they even make it out. No more boozing it up and drinking for these two. Ive had parties at my house and you know what when my kid started crying I got my ass up and checked on him and my guests were courteous enough to stfu until he went back to sleep. I can't believe the lack of decency people have. Which is odd seeing as I'm reading shit like this everyday seems like.

Back