• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
An Ohio teenager called 911 Saturday to accuse her father of theft after he took away her cell phone as a disciplinary measure, cops report.

After the 16-year-old girl dialed 911 to report that, “My father took property, which is an $800 phone, that does not belong to him,” police were dispatched to her family’s residence in South Euclid, a Cleveland suburb.

“I just want him to return my phone and I could leave and go to my grandmother’s,” the girl told a police dispatcher, according to a recording of the call.

When cops arrived at the home, the teenager, named Malikah, explained that her father had confiscated her phone, which the child considered an act worthy of law enforcement intervention.

Malikah’s 37-year-old father explained to police that he seized the phone “as punishment,” according to a South Euclid Police Department report.

While Malikah may have wanted her phone promptly returned, officers advised the juvenile that possession of the device was a privilege--and not a property rights issue.

Police departed the property after concluding that there was “no active arguement or issue in home.”

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/k-12/teen-calls-cops-over-phone-783951

I think this depends on who paid for the phone.
Post automatically merged:

. Police departed the property after concluding that there was “no active arguement or issue in home.”
Until dad goes to sleep and she chops him up with an ax.

Last edited:
Dad better demote her to a flip phone. And take the door off her bedroom.

My coworker and his wife did that to one of their daughters after she tried sneaking out for a night of partying. I guess it worked, because she turned out well and became a teacher; now married with kids herself.

I was going to say the same @Keepalowprofile wasnt there a story on here with a story like that, because they dad had paid for the phone, the mom got in trouble for trying to keep it from the kid or vice versa

I was going to say the same @Keepalowprofile wasnt there a story on here with a story like that, because they dad had paid for the phone, the mom got in trouble for trying to keep it from the kid or vice versa

I think if the phone had been purchased by someone else, it would have been mentioned on the article.

Here are examples of a mother who confiscated her daughter's phone, which the daughter purchased, but daddy caused trouble
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cha...n-daughters-phone-bad-behavior-000735079.html

And the father who confiscated his 12 yr old daughter's phone purchased by her mother
https://nypost.com/2016/01/27/dad-arrested-for-taking-daughters-cellphone-found-not-guilty-of-theft/

In both cases, one parent used the situation to fight the other parent, when they both needed to unite over the more important issue: the child's behavior with the phone.

Last edited:
I would have never had a phone to start with, until I could pay for it, and it would still have been taken away if they wanted to.

My son has my old cracked broken phones, to use when there is wifi to play games on so he doesnt ask to use min... hes 10. Any lip, I snatch that thing from his hand faster than he can realize what im doing. He is pretty dang well behaved, but still a 10 yo...

He has had his bedroom emptied before... I left his bed n dresser and books. All toys games etc - GONE! The door stayed but only because it doesnt shut all the way and cant lock, ha ha

At least she didn't try to kill him like the little snits featured in a story not too long ago.

Oh the trials we faced when we were younger... the phone was <<GASP>> WIRED INTO THE WALL!!!

The horror... The horror...

What was really bad was when you lost your phone privileges on that phone that was wired into the wall.

After the 16-year-old girl dialed 911 to report that, “My father took property, which is an $800 phone, that does not belong to him,”

You're sixteen. YOU belong to him.

Until my kids got to be @age 16, I’d take their phone at 9 every night and charge it in my room. My daughter was horrified at the idea that her friends couldn’t reach her 24/7 but miraculously she survived.

s/ Poor kid, so tragic. /s

When you're a minor living in your parent's home, you live with their rules, in addition to the punishment and reprimands for breaking the rules.
Regardless of who paid for the phone, it's a *privilege* to be allowed to keep one, and revoking privileges is one of the best ways to punish a tween/teen,
At that age, timeouts or a smack on the butt means nothing, but all of those *privileges and freedoms we treasure* then lose due to our own bad behaviors, finally starts to get the message through our aimless juvenile heads that we still have to follow the damn rules, or lose something (or everything) that you really cherish for a while.

Should have arrested her sorry little ass trying to file a false report. I would absolutely have been fully comfortable and supporting if they had jailed her for a few nights. Knock some sense into this twit

I'm so old I remember party lines. I had a tv and a phone in my room as a teen and I was pretty good about not abusing my privileges. However, I do remember one time she came in and told me to hang up. I was in the process of ending my convo when she snatched the receiver out of my hand and slammed it down on the phone. She wasn't a woman with patience.

At that age, timeouts or a smack on the butt means nothing, but all of those *privileges and freedoms we treasure* then lose due to our own bad behaviors, finally starts to get the message through our aimless juvenile heads that we still have to follow the damn rules, or lose something (or everything) that you really cherish for a while.
And you have to explain to all your friends why you all of a sudden don't have those privileges.

And you have to explain to all your friends why you all of a sudden don't have those privileges.

Exactly, and that's also where a big part of the lesson get's through the brain, IMO.
It's not just about losing the privilege, but the embarrassment and hurt pride of having to tell those you interact with the most why you can't respond to their calls and texts ATM.

Back