• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
A high-profile technology entrepreneur is charged with murder after police say he fatally shot his ex-wife's new husband.

Authorities in Virginia arrested Minh Nguyen, 38, in connection with the death of Corey Mattison in Ashburn, Virginia, on Thursday night.

Polices say that Nguyen fatally shot Mattison after the two men engaged in a struggle over a firearm. Two children were in the home at the time of the incident, the Washington Post reports.

Denise and Corey Mattison had been married for five months.

When police arrived to arrest him, Nguyen was found being held down by his own mother, according to reports.

Mattison's widow said that her husband was thankful for each day.

"He was my hero way before a few nights ago," Denise Mattison said, according to NBC Washington. "They just don't come like him. It was a kind of thing when every single one of my friends or family members met him, they would think, it was just kind of like, he's just kind of too perfect... and the truth is that he was. He was the greatest man I've ever known."

Nguyen is perhaps best known as a co-founder of Plaxo, an address book software company acquired by Comcast Interactive in 2008, according to CNN.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6516140

Yeah, ummm, despite a long separation (2 year separation before divorce was final), I was divorced and remarried last year so I'm not liking this story very much.

That blank stare seems to go right through you. I do believe he will make someone a fine play mate where he's going! That'll teach her to go on living her life while his ass is behind bars. I'm sure his current tastes of food, clothes, sleeping arrangements are not going to match up to DOC's!

The so-called Plaxo co-founder who is charged with murdering his wife's new husband had never worked a day at the groundbreaking social network, founding executives reveal.

Minh Nguyen, 38, has spent years claiming he and Napster billionaire Sean Parker jointly founded Plaxo, which was later sold to Comcast for an estimated $170 million.

As a supposed high flyer in the tech world, his arrest over the fatal shooting of his ex-wife's new husband on January 15 made national headlines.

But it has now emerged that Nguyen never set foot in the Plaxo building, was not present for any of the seminal discussions, and repeatedly edited the company's Wikipedia page listing himself as a co-founder - even though marketing directors kept correcting his changes.

His only connection to Plaxo, former executives told DailyMail.com, was that he went to school in Virginia with Sean Parker, who went to become the first president of Facebook.

He also attended one of Parker's 'brainstorming' sessions before Plaxo was created, but was not present at any of the brainstorming sessions which led to Plaxo's inception.

In fact, a former friend of Nguyen told DailyMail.com, the self-professed co-founder left the tech business altogether to become a hairdresser during Plaxo's early years.

John McCrea, former marketing director of Plaxo from 2006 to 2009, told DailyMail.com he never saw Nguyen.

'Minh was a person that caused a fair bit of puzzlement for the company,' McCrea said.

'He was publicly making the claim of being a co-founder. We were aware of this through Wikipedia, which is a wonderful resource but comes with its own issues.

'As the new head of marketing, soon after I joined I was curious to know who this person was.

'Socially, people told me no one knew why he made the claim. He wasn't there when Sean, Todd [Masonis] and Cameron [Ring] came up with the idea and developed the idea. He wasn't there when the company was finally formed. He never even set foot in the building.

'According to his LinkedIn, Minh worked at Plaxo for ten months between 2001 and 2002, before the BETA version of Plaxo launched. There are no records of this and no one ever saw him there.'

McCrea said the company fought a constant battle, spanning years, trying to maintain the accuracy of their Wikipedia page.

'We went about correcting the false claim by editing it. But time and time again, a user by the name of Minh21 would go back in and change it inaccurately to say he was a co-founder.

'That happened many times over multiple years. It became almost a joke.

'Eventually, after Plaxo was sold and many of us went on to our own start-ups or new firms, the importance of altering the Wikipedia page to accurately reflect history was not a priority.
[...]
Mrs Mattison said that her daughter, Madison, 14, and a younger sibling were able to escape and hide out in the bathroom to call the police.

Mrs Mattison, who married her late husband three months ago, told the network: 'He was my knight in shining armor... he literally laid his life down to save me.'

The couple lived together with their five children - Mrs Mattison's three children from her marriage to Nguyen and Mr Mattison's two children from a previous relationship.

Nguyen was charged with first-degree murder on Tuesday.

He was arraigned on Tuesday and was held without bond.

He is due back to court for a January 28 bond hearing.

He allegedly shot dead Corey Mattison, a former minor league pitcher with the St. Louis Cardinals, after breaking into the newlyweds' townhouse in Ashburn, Virginia.

Two of Nguyen's three children with his ex-wife were present at the time of the shooting at 9.30pm last Thursday, police said.

Denise walked in with her third child during the attack, according to a reported from the Londoun County Sheriff's Office.

Nobody else was injured in the attack.

Nguyen was arrested without incident after being captured by his mother, who held him down and called the police, NBC reported.

Officers found the mother and son struggling over his gun.

He was charged with first-degree murder and is being held without bond.

Mattison, who had two elementary-school-aged children of his own, was a project manager at a glass construction company based in Washington, D.C., WPBF reported.

His colleagues told the station Mattison spent a lot of time with his children as well as Nguyen's.

'Corey and his wife would go to a baseball game with the kids, and [Nguyen] would blow up,' his colleague Rick Knutson said.

'He would try to prevent them from taking the kids anywhere. The guy seemed to be a little unstable.'
Court records from Nguyen's 2011 divorce do not indicate that he reaped any kind of lasting financial fortune from his association with the company.

The documents said Nguyen was unemployed at the time and had been making less than $50,000 a year in the years leading up to the divorce decree.

Papers show that he was ordered to pay only $750 a month in child support for the couple's three children.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-social-network-former-executives-reveal.html

Minh D. Nguyen, the tech mogul charged in connection with the shooting death of his ex-wife's husband, pleaded guilty Sept. 30 to first-degree murder charges.

Nguyen, 38, of Ashburn pleaded guilty to the Jan. 15 murder of Corey Mattison, a former North Carolina State University baseball player, inside Mattison's Ashburn Village townhome.

[…]

The trial for formal sentencing will occur on Feb. 18 and 19. The defense requested two days in anticipation of its planned lengthy testimony, hoping to establish the state of Nguyen’s mental health.

The commonwealth conceded, planning its own added testimony, including Corey Mattison’s mother Kathy Vestal, Detective Mike Grimsley and Denise Mattison.

Denise Mattison testified against her ex-husband in July, when a grand jury indicted Nguyen. At the time she was pregnant with her late husband’s child. She gave birth a week ago, and named her newborn after Corey Mattison. Denise Mattison appeared in court Sept. 30 to witness her ex-husband’s pleading.

Nguyen also pleaded no contest, or guilty, to four other counts: use of a firearm in an attempt to commit first-degree murder, breaking and entering into a residence, destruction of property, burglary of a residence and malicious wounding.

No formal sentencing will occur until February, but standard sentencing calls for anywhere from 20 years to life and a fine of $120,000 for first-degree murder. Burglary and breaking and entering with intent to commit a felony both range anywhere from five to 20 years and a fine of $100,000, respectively. Nguyen could see between one and five years for defacement of property. A three-year sentence is mandatory for use of a firearm in a felony.

In June, Loudoun County District Court Judge Deborah C. Welsh ruled there was evidence to prove Nguyen acted with malice in the shooting of Mattison over a child custody dispute.

Denise Mattison has testified she saw Nguyen shoot her husband when she arrived at the couple's Sonora Lane home as the incident unfolded.

Mattison said her ex-husband was filled with rage because he believed he was being “fenced out” as a father.

The couple divorced in 2011 and had a custody agreement that stipulated their three children could not be left with anyone that the two did not agree upon.

Denise Mattison testified it wasn't until she began dating her husband in November 2013 that she and Nguyen frequently argued over the issue.

It was around 8 p.m. Jan. 15 when Nguyen showed up at the couple's door, again to argue about who was watching their children. His mother accompanied him to the home.

Nguyen, his ex-wife said, was upset that she planned to pick up their daughter from basketball practice and not take their other two children on the trip – essentially saying he didn't want the two left alone with Corey Mattison, even for two minutes.

“He said that 'If you don't have [the other children] with you this will not end well for you,” Denise Mattison said.

Mattison said when she arrived at the school to pick up their daughter, Nguyen was already there, walking the child outside to her car. He looked in her car to see if their other children were inside, turned and ran full sprint toward Mattison's house when he saw they had not accompanied their mother.

She said she called her husband and told him not to open the front door because Nguyen was on his way there.

It could have been the last time Denise Mattison spoke with her husband.

“He assured me that everything would be OK and to try and drive safely,” she said.

When she arrived home, Mattison said her garage door was open and she could see her husband standing in the foyer with his arms crossed.

Her husband would later run past her as Nguyen went through the home firing shots, at one point crouching near his daughter's bedroom. Two of the couple's children were inside the home during the incident.

“It all happened within a matter of seconds, although when you're walking through it it seems like a matter of hours,” Denise Mattison said.

Nguyen, she testified, punched her, causing her to fall to the floor during the incident. She said when she got up she ran toward the front door where she could see blood. Her husband died outside the couple's home.

Loudoun County deputies testified Nguyen came back to the Mattisons' home about 9:30 p.m., kicked in the front door and gunned Corey Mattison down.

Bullet holes were found in the home's front door and ceiling near the foyer, according to Deputy Matthew Devaney, the crime scene investigator. Devaney also said deputies found five .380-caliber shell casings inside the home and one outside, about 6 feet from the front door.

Nguyen, deputies said, left the home in his ex-wife's vehicle after shooting Mattison. He used the vehicle to ram Mattison's car before returning to Mattison's almost lifeless body and beating him in the head.

Deputies arrested Nguyen on the scene, where he was found kneeling on the ground with his mother by his side, who had control of the weapon her son used to shoot Mattison.
http://www.loudountimes.com/news/ar...guyen_pleads_guilty_to_first_degree_murder323
[doublepost=1460038426,1444026247][/doublepost]
A former social media pioneer has received a life prison sentence for shooting and killing his ex-wife's new husband.

Minh Nguyen, 39, broke into the Ashburn, Virginia home of his ex-wife Denise Mattison in January last year and shot her husband Corey four times.

Before he died, Mattison led Nguyen away from the couple's children, prompting his wife to hail him as a hero afterwards.

Testimony said Nguyen, who said he co-founded the social network Plaxo with Sean Parker in 2002, had become enraged after learning Mattison cared for two of his three children with his ex-wife, NBC reported.

Nguyen had a 'desire and obsession to control his ex-wife and her new family', prosecutors said.

Mrs Mattison, who was picking up her oldest daughter from school when Nguyen stormed her house, was pregnant at the time of the attack and had married her late husband three months before.

She gave birth to her youngest child with Mattison, a baby named Corey, in September last year, NBC wrote.

'There are no winners here today,' she told the network after Nguyen's sentencing. 'We're all losers. We came here without Corey and we go home without him. I just hope there will be some healing taking place on both sides. That's all I can ask for, pray for.'

Nguyen had previously pleaded no contest to murder, malicious wounding, and breaking and entering.

Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney for Loudoun County Joshua Steward criticized this decision.

'In a guilty plea, you stand up and you recognize morally, if nothing else, "Yes, I am guilty, I did this and I deserve to be punished,"' Steward said according to NBC. 'No contest, you're essentially just saying, "Listen, I know if I went to trial I'd lose."'

Judge McCahill went above the recommended 25-42 years for Nguyen and sentenced him to life in prison, ruling that he still posed a threat to Mrs Mattison and her family.

'This was probably the most satisfying moment of his life,' Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Jason Faw said about Nguyen and the attack. 'He had all the power. This was everything he had ever fantasized about. This was his dream and he lived it.'

Judge McCahill told Nguyen he still posed a potential danger to Mattison and her family, sentencing him to the life term, far above the recommended guideline of 25-42 years.

Mrs Mattison had previously told ABC that when her ex broke into her home with a gun, her husband Corey lured him out of the back door and away from their children.

Mrs Mattison said that her daughter, Madison, 14, and a younger sibling were able to escape and hide out in the bathroom to call the police.

She told the network at the time: 'He was my knight in shining armor... he literally laid his life down to save me.'

The couple lived together with their five children - Mrs Mattison's three children from her marriage to Nguyen and Mr Mattison's two children from a previous relationship.

Two of Nguyen's three children with his ex-wife were present at the time of the shooting, police said.

Denise walked in with her third child during the attack, according to a report from the Londoun County Sheriff's Office.

Nobody else was injured in the attack.

Nguyen was arrested without incident after being captured by his mother, who held him down and called the police, NBC reported.

Officers found the mother and son struggling over his gun.

Mattison, who had two elementary-school-aged children of his own, was a project manager at a glass construction company based in Washington, DC, WPBF reported.
LINK

This was probably the most satisfying moment of his life,' Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Jason Faw said about Nguyen and the attack. 'He had all the power. This was everything he had ever fantasized about. This was his dream and he lived it

Probably true! .... It's nice she still has their daughter. She has his name, What a shame that in this life time they'll never meet. <3

Damn this is like every woman with an ex husband's nightmare. What a fucking selfish prick, destroying the innocence of so many. I bet he was a control freak when they were married and that's why they divorced.

That said, this:

McCrea said the company fought a constant battle, spanning years, trying to maintain the accuracy of their Wikipedia page.

Has me cracking the fuck up. What a looney tune!

Scrawny little weed. He and his little designer hairstyle will be having a grand old time soon, with his new cellmate.

What a heartbreaking disaster for the family. May the little murderous freak get what is coming to his 'no contest' ass.

Back