• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

biteme

The Rev, Molon labe
Bitch was slapping and kicking 4 year olds, apparently there are witnesses, they were put on administrative leave for not coming forward earlier
Saw her on the news last night claiming non of it is true
Shouldn't this be more than a misdemeanor
On a side note, more teachers on paid leave

San Mateo County

Eight workers placed on leave as Redwood City school district investigates teacher abuse allegations

By Joshua Melvin
jmelvin[MENTION=2797]Bay[/MENTION]areanewsgroup.com
Posted: 02/10/2012 09:42:07 AM PST

Redwood City teacher Alexia Bogdis, 43, of Millbrae faces misdemeanor charges for...
Attorney: Parents' concerns were ignored in Redwood City abuse case
The Redwood City School District placed eight employees on administrative leave Thursday and launched an investigation into its workers' handling of allegations that a teacher slapped and kicked special needs students during a two-month period.
In a statement sent out Thursday evening, the district didn't say which workers were put on leave or where they work, but said it launched a probe into whether employees "followed proper procedures."
The purported incidents that led to misdemeanor child cruelty and assault charges for special needs teacher Alexia Bogdis, 43, of Millbrae happened between December and January, a prosecutor said.
However, Deputy Superintendent John Baker only learned of the allegations on Feb. 1, when an aide revealed the suspected abuse, the district says.
He told the aide to call child protective services and that agency in turn told her to call police, which she did. Bogdis was placed on administrative leave that day and turned herself into police on Feb. 4.
Prosecutors say she slapped one boy in the face and kicked him in the stomach.
She is accused of sending another boy crashing into a table after kicking his chair, twisting his wrist and withholding food as well as drink.
The children are 4 years old and at least one of them is autistic.
They were part of a special education preschool class run by the district at Roosevelt Elementary School.
"Our internal investigation raised
Advertisement

questions for which we need answers in order to ensure the safety of our students, which is our top priority at all times," Superintendent Jan Christensen said in a statement. "We need more information to determine exactly what happened."
Bogdis is out of custody on $15,000 bail and is due in court March 1 for arraignment on nine misdemeanor counts.
She has not responded to requests for comment on the case.
Contact Joshua Melvin at 650-348-4335.
---

Oh fuck no! If that was my kid, the bitch would never be able to walk again by the time I got done with her. Sensory problems are so acute in most autistic people. I can't imagine what hell that four year old went through. What an absolute abuse of power, and shame on those people who knew about it and let it go on!

Oh my son is in a program like this he is 3 and mildly autistic and a big ol baby lol. I swear on everything I'd cut a bitch if I even suspected something like this was going on. 8 teachers knew this was going on and did NOTHING to stop it. They shouldn't be suspended they should be fired. And they shouldn't be allowed to work with kids anymore either. They are worse than infected bedsores on a fat man's backside.

20120302-09.jpg
A special education teacher accused of abusing two young students at an elementary school in Redwood City pleaded not guilty Thursday to five counts of child cruelty and four counts of battery on school grounds, prosecutors said.

Alexia Alika Bogdis, 43, a teacher at Roosevelt Elementary School, allegedly slapped a student, twisting a student's wrist and kicking the back of a chair, causing the desk to move forward and strike a student, according to police.

Bogdis, a Millbrae resident, is also accused of depriving a child of food and kicking a child in the stomach, police said.

The students in question were two 4-year-old autistic boys, according to police and prosecutors.
[...]

Eight employees were initially put on leave, but in a letter to parents in the district, Superintendent Jan Christensen later wrote that a review of the case indicates "six people knew of possible abuse and did not meet their legal obligation to report it."
http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/cri...ds-not-guilty-abusing-two-special-ed-students

A parent’s ‘total nightmare’
The parents of two boys alleged to have been abused by a Redwood City special education teacher are expressing frustration over lack of information and the subsequent difficulty in offering the correct support for their children to recover, according to the parents and their attorneys.
[...]

For the parents, the case has been frustrating. The father of one boy, who is 5, described the situation as “a total nightmare.â€￾

The parents have been offered little information about what their children may have experienced. Both boys have limited communication skills and the parents aren’t able to simply ask the children, which they say makes it difficult to address their needs. Sharing such details, however, could cause problems for the case, said Chief Deputy District Attorney Karen Guidotti.

“It’s tragic that a little boy is abused and not able to speak up,â€￾ said attorney Todd Emanuel, who is representing the family of one of the boys.

Emanuel added that the boy appears to be physically OK but demonstrates behavior changes that “he has been harmed and has seen harm,â€￾ said Emanuel.
[...]

the father of the 5-year-old boy said questions about the teacher’s behavior began well before an aide came forward. Their child has been at the Roosevelt program for more than two years. They noticed right away their son came home hungry, dehydrated, having not eaten provided food, and displaying odd behavior, said attorney Chris Dolan, who is representing the family.

The 5-year-old boy with limited verbal skills often mimics behavior — actions and emotions. He began to scream at himself and later displayed violent behavior toward his younger sister, said his father. The parents said they met with school and district officials multiple times only to be told each time that they were being overly sensitive.

Then, in early February, the family got a message on their home phone from the school district which simply said a teacher had been put on leave and was being investigated for allegations of abuse. The family had no idea their son might be involved until they listened to the next voicemail. The Redwood City Police Department had called wanting to talk with them about their son.

Details of what each child possibly experienced has not been openly shared with the family, they say.

For the district, the investigations focused on proper reporting procedures, said Christensen. Information from the police investigation is now at the District Attorney’s Office. Releasing such details could influence witnesses and create problems for the case against Bogdis, explained Guidotti, who admitted the situation is a tough one.

Both families expressed a feeling of betrayal. Their children were allowed to be brought back to an environment that wasn’t safe. Both boys are struggling behaviorally, according to the families.

Christensen said the district recently hired a special education consultant to work with the department on a variety of issues including determining the best placement for the children.

Moving forward, the families have put a focus on the issue of reporting in hopes of avoiding a similar situation being repeated.

“How would you feel if that was your child, your brother or sister, and they were scared and they were hurt? And, they couldn’t even say, ‘Don’t send me to school because I’m afraid of being hurt?’â€￾ said the father of the 5-year-old boy. “The weakest of weak were being picked on.â€￾
http://smdailyjournal.com/article_p...arent%92s%20%91total%20nightmare%92&id=229780

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Teacher-Accused-of-Abusing-Autistic-Student-Hit-with-1-Million-Suit-156437875.html

A special education teacher in Redwood City has been hit with a $1 million lawsuit by the mother of a 5-year old autistic child for allegedly kicking and starving him, according to reports.

Nadia Cortez sued the teacher, Alexia Bogdis, 44, Superintendent Jan Christensen, and other school district officials and aides who allegedly saw the abuse but did nothing to stop it, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

Bogdis is accused of pulling the hair of Cortez's son, kicking him in the stomach, and preventing him from eating his lunch or drinking water while a teacher at Roosevelt Elementary School, the lawsuit alleges.

OOOOOOHHH. Let this big fucking bully try that shit with me. I'll kick her ass so bad, she'll become autistic. What a cunt!

*mama bear mode: activated*

A special education teacher in Redwood City has been hit with a $1 million lawsuit by the mother of a 5-year old autistic child for allegedly kicking and starving him, according to reports.

That's what I would have done, too. I have a daughter who is four years old and autistic, and as much as I would love to turn that nasty bitch into pate for hurting my baby, assaulting her would just get me put in jail and take me away from my daughter when she needs me the most. Hitting people in the wallet seems to be the only thing that gets through to them anymore.

ECSE kids are some of the most vulnerable people because they can't express themselves like other children. It's easy for a caregiver to abuse them because they can't clearly tell anyone what is being done to them. It's something I think about every day, and it scares the hell out of me. It took a long time for me to trust my daughter's teachers alone with my daughter, and it took a long time for me to trust my boyfriend alone with my daughter. Fortunately, my trust has been well-founded on all counts, and my daughter is flourishing. I feel very blessed to have people in my life who are so good to my daughter and help her to be the best she can be.

All of that being said, if I were in the parents' situation and suing Bogdis, I'd probably also buy a heavy bag, paint her picture on it, and pummel it daily to get the mama bear rage out without actually assaulting anyone.

San Mateo County prosecutors have dropped charges against a Redwood City special-education teacher who had been accused of beating one of her students.

Witnesses "reinterpreted" what actually happened, leading prosecutors to drop the case, District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe said Friday.

Alexia Bogdis, 43, of Millbrae was charged in February 2012 with five counts of child cruelty and four counts of battery on school grounds after investigators said she slapped one 5-year-old student and deprived another of food, twisted his arm and kicked his chair.

"The case was based on the statements of the five teachers' aides, and they all backed off their original statements (to police) about the defendant's conduct," Wagstaffe said. "In interviews ... they said the detective did not understand what they were trying to say or that they initially misinterpreted whether it was a kick or just putting a leg out."

In 2012, Bogdis was accused of slapping a 5-year-old boy at Roosevelt Elementary School and kicking him in the stomach. She also kicked the back of another 5-year-old boy's chair, twisted his wrist and withheld food from him, authorities said at the time.

Neither boy was seriously hurt, according to prosecutors.
http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Special-ed-teacher-s-abuse-case-dropped-4339456.php

The case was based on the statements of the five teachers' aides, and they all backed off their original statements (to police) about the defendant's conduct," Wagstaffe said. "In interviews ... they said the detective did not understand what they were trying to say or that they initially misinterpreted whether it was a kick or just putting a leg out."

I wonder what made them recant...

I am scared of teachers like this frustrated whorebag. My kid is a special education student and has an aide assigned to him. She walks him to the restroom, lunch and is always watching him. I made sure to meet this person, get a feel of how she is with MY kid.

Kids with special needs can be a handful. My kid gets frustrated trying to convey his thoughts and has been known to come undone when his mind is racing a mile a minute. Luckily for everyone he has a great teacher and a very nice aide. She isn't a pushover which I love cause my kid is a manipulator. His teacher is a very fair and kind man too. I can't even see him in my mind getting upset.

Bottom line. I'd beat a bitch if she had touched my kid. Police would have been called on my ass instead.

Back