• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ells9824

Bold Member!
A fifth grade teacher was arrested this morning after she allegedly attacked one of her students.

rachelsims.jpg

The teacher, Rachel Sims, 51, was charged with third-degree assault, police said.

Sims was teaching her class at Dewey School, located at 815 Ann Avenue in Soulard, when police arrested her.

Police allege that she was teaching her class when she grabbed a student around the neck.

Story

Kids today. When I went to school, it wasn't uncommon for teachers to get physical with unruly students. Mrs Birch, my second grade teacher, would grab your face when you back talked. She would squeeze your mouth together, making you look like a fish. She would then ask you questions and you would have to answer like that. The entire class would start laughing. I didn't back talk her after that.

At least you admitted you did something wrong, here's this kids version of events...

Police on Monday released only the account of the student, who claimed she was on her way back to her desk after sharpening her pencil when she tried to go around Sims, who was verbally disciplining another classmate.

She claimed she told Sims, "Excuse me," and that the teacher started screaming at her and pointing a finger at her face. The student said she turned away and Sims grabbed her around the neck.

Two school administrators overheard the commotion from the hallway, rushed in and pulled the two apart, police said. The student was not injured.

Story

Back