• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
zdzbZ6x.jpg

BARTOW, FL (WFLA)– Crossing his arms in front of him, 34-year-old Jason Argo stood before a Polk County judge on Saturday morning as his bond was set at a total of $45,000 for three counts of sexual battery by a custodian on a victim between 12 and 18 years old, along with several other conditions.

“No contact with the alleged victim or their family, no contact with any minor children. He will be on pre-trial release, he will have to report and call in twice a week on Tuesday and Thursday, he will have to post the bond and abide by all the conditions of the bond,” said attorney Jeff Holmes, who was hired to represent Argo for the first appearance.

“…He has been treated for PTSD, because of his service in the United States Military. We will be delving into that and determining if that may indeed be a defense or a possible defense in this case,” said Holmes.

According to an arrest affidavit, Argo’s relationship with the girl started during the 2014-2015 school year when he was the English teacher at Mulberry High School.

When detectives came to arrest Argo, he confessed to receiving oral sex from the girl and to having sex with her. He said he was a former Marine suffering from the post-traumatic stress disorder and had begun drinking to help cope with his pain, according to the Polk County Sheriff’s Office. That’s why he was “weak” and committed sexual misconduct, he apparently told deputies.

“We are always disgusted and appalled when anyone in a position of authority over a child uses that authority to groom and sexually abuse a child. Jason Argo also brags that he is a military veteran, which to me is even more reason to be disgusted and appalled by his behavior,” Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said.

Argo is currently on paid administrative leave but will likely be terminated later this month when the school board meets.

Argo is married with three children, so apparently he has a rare case of PTSD. One that allows him to maintain a normal family life and keep a full time job, but prevents him from suppressing his desire to fuck minor children under his tutelage. :banghead:

http://wfla.com/2016/05/21/45k-bond-set-for-polk-teacher-accused-of-having-sex-with-student/

Oh for FUCK'S SAKE.

PTSD can be serious. Life threateningly serious (just look at that nutcase who murderered the Texan Sniper trying to help him) all the way through to mild and easily manageable.

But. If someone has a raging case of PTSD - that doesn't give them a free pass on being unable to establish the difference between right and wrong. That's leaving PTSD behind and venturing straight into uncontrolled, needs-to-be-locked-up-for-everyones-safety mental illness.

You don't go from being so out of control mentally that you can no longer establish right from wrong on basic social and legal rules - to being a teacher of kids every day. Not possible. He'd be frothing from the mouth in a corner somewhere, patting his gun collection and talking to Jesus, the rabbit God who flew down in his spaceship yesterday and sold him Acid. Get my drift? Not interacting within a school environment, appearing largely sane and normal, for the most part.

This fuck up is abusing the very real illness of PTSD as a justification for the fact that he's a weak piece of pedophile shit who took advantage of a student from a position of authority because he likes Whiskey and thinks with his dick instead of his brain matter.

Does he need help? No doubt. Does he deserve punishment for his crimes? Abso-fucking-lutely. Is he absolvable of his actions because he allegedly has PTSD from serving his country? No. If he does have a genuine dose of PTSD, he needs counseling and support. But it doesn't mean he can do whatever he wants, without being held accountable to it.

He, from a position of authority, abused his power and sexually abused a minor. He's a pedophile. Simple. And its a disgrace to blame PTSD. There are plenty of people in the world living with PTSD who don't sexually abuse minors.

He's a coward, trying to escape judgement and punishment for his sickening actions, by using a very real illness that many suffer from that does NOT equate to 'I had a really hard war, as a veteran - ergo I'm too weak to NOT sexually abuse children in my care'.

I feel sorry for every PTSD sufferer out there who is living with that monkey on their back every minute of every day, who doesn't go around raping kids and using their PTSD as the excuse for it.

Update: the first link posted just said the victim was between 12-18. This one confirms it was a 15 year old.

Also some other awful details- some of the sexual encounters happened at school, and the abuse took place while his wife was pregnant. :punch:

Investigators said Argo and the student started "sexting" on their phones and then the relationship turned physical. A report said there were two sexual encounters in a classroom at the school and another at Argo's home.

Students said Argo was a popular, well-liked teacher.

"I don't want to believe it at all," said Mulberry student Epiphany Foster. "I saw it on Facebook and I couldn't believe it. He's my mentor, my favorite teacher."

Investigators said when they questioned Argo he blamed his behavior on Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from serving in the military.

They said he also told the girl he was involved with that he felt "guilty" about the relationship, because he was married and his wife was pregnant at the time.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...icles/bn9/2016/5/20/polk_deputies_mulber.html

“…He has been treated for PTSD, because of his service in the United States Military. We will be delving into that and determining if that may indeed be a defense or a possible defense in this case,” said Holmes.

I don't get it. What does PTSD have to do with fucking kids?

Maybe if we could ask my husband what he thought about this guy? My sweet husband who used to wake up with nightmares, that is when he could sleep. He witnessed a a accident with a tank where a friend was cut in half between two tanks that were being off loaded from a train in Germany, he was part of the crew chosen to clean it up afterwards, he would wake up crying and screaming this guys name. That is PTSD.

This guy ought get extra for claiming PTSD. Utter bullshit.

@everjaded @Satanica @cubby
Aug 28, 2017

A former Mulberry High School teacher has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for having sex with a former student who was 15 when the incidents occurred in 2015.

Jason Argo, 36, of Valrico, pleaded guilty Monday morning to one count of lewd battery and one count of child abuse, according to his lawyer, John Liguori.

Argo originally faced the more serious charge of custodial sexual battery, which carried a potential sentence of life behind bars. Prosecutors reduced the charge in part to spare the victim from a public trial, said Jacob Orr, chief assistant state attorney.

“The victim’s family supported the plea agreement,” he said. “I don’t know if it’s a happy day, but they did not want this to go to trial. We think we achieved justice, this victim does not have to go through what would probably be a very difficult situation. The guy (Argo) is going to do 12 years. He’ll be a sexual offender for life.”

Argo told investigators that he was “weak” from problems with his home life that related to ongoing investigations into his history of inappropriate behavior with female students.

Argo also said he began drinking to cope with pain related to his former service in the Marines, another factor that fueled a weakness that led to sexual misconduct with his student, records show.

Argo’s history of inappropriate communications with students dating to 2000 has prompted several lawsuits against the Polk School Board that are still working their way through the court system.

According to one of the lawsuits, he touched a 15-year-old student inappropriately and sent her provocative Twitter messages. Her mother found the messages on her daughter’s cell phone in October of that year and notified school authorities, the lawsuit states.

Two months later, the School Board suspended Argo for three days without pay for serious misconduct, according to the lawsuit.

Both lawsuits accuse the School Board of negligence in hiring Argo in 2010 to teach middle school, and then in 2014 transferring him to teach at Mulberry High, where he continued inappropriate contact with students, ending with criminal charges.

Back