• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Oh, I don't know. Getting gored by a massive bison is a valuable, 1-minute seminar on How To Not Be An Asshole. I say we take society's safety nets down and let people learn from their mistakes. :happy:

Oh, I don't know. Getting gored by a massive bison is a valuable, 1-minute seminar on How To Not Be An Asshole. I say we take society's safety nets down and let people learn from their mistakes. :happy:

As long as the bison isn't then put down for displaying aggression towards humans, I am 100% on board with this.

Maybe this guy survived the running of the bulls and now thinks he qualifies as a matador. I would've been pissed if that was my car he almost caused the bison to gore.

I wanted him to be horribly maimed.
He is an utter knob.
Devoting 3 minutes to this is idiotic.
Let these dinks die and get taken out of the gene pool.

https://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/authorities-arrest-man-suspected-of-harassing-bison-in-yellowstone-national/article_a03d161a-31a7-5389-95c8-af6ffb016aa3.html#utm_source=trib.com&utm_campaign=/email-updates/breaking/&utm_medium=email&utm_content=C85C1D400100C7734B7D58B3449A59EF4306BB73
Authorities have arrested a man they say was caught on tape harassing a bison in Yellowstone National Park.

A judge revoked the bond of Raymond Reinke, 55, of Pendleton, Oregon, upon the request of a prosecutor who viewed a viral video of a man confronting a bison and running away. The man in the video, authorities say, is Reinke.
serveimage

[....]
Reinke was cited for the incident before the video went viral.

Before the revocation, Reinke was free on bond following a July 28 drunk and disorderly conduct arrest. He told rangers he planned to visit Glacier National Park.

After the judge signed off on Reinke’s probation revocation, rangers in the park began looking for his car.
When rangers responded to the Many Glacier Hotel dining room for a disturbance, they found Reinke arguing with another guest and creating a disturbance, the National Park Service said.

He was also cited for failing to wear a seat belt on Monday.

Reinke was booked into Yellowstone jail on Friday and expected to appear in court the same day.

“We appreciate the collaboration of our fellow rangers in Glacier and Grand Teton national parks on this arrest,” Yellowstone National Park Superintendent Dan Wenk said in a news release. “Harassing wildlife is illegal in any national park.”

Reinke’s court-appointed lawyer was not immediately available for comment Friday afternoon.

Image credit: https://nypost.com/2018/08/04/bison...r-string-of-drunken-park-incidents-officials/

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018...son-taunter-reportedly-sentenced-to-jail.html
An Oregon man who was caught on video seemingly antagonizing a bison in Yellowstone National Park was reportedly sentenced to 130 days in jail Thursday after entering a guilty plea to the charges against him.

Raymond Reinke, 55, pleaded guilty to four charges of misconduct in national parks, according to ABC Fox Montana. He reportedly reversed his original not guilty plea, resulting in a fifth charge getting dropped.

Law enforcement had numerous encounters with Reinke since late July as he was traveling across several U.S. parks, Yellowstone officials revealed in a news releaseannouncing his Aug. 2 arrest.
[....]
Judge Mark Carmon, who handed Reinke his sentencing, admonished him for the bison incident, according to ABC Fox Montana.

“You chased and hounded the bison,” the judge said. “You're lucky the bison didn't take care of it, and you're standing in front of me.”

Reinke was handed 60 days each for harassing wildlife and interfering with law enforcement, as well as 10 days for disorderly conduct, the outlet said. He was also reportedly given credit for 21 days already served.

Aside from jail time, Reinke was given five years of unsupervised probation, during which he must abstain from alcohol and drugs and cannot enter Yellowstone, Glacier or Grand Teton National Parks, the news outlet said. He reportedly also has to receive drug and alcohol treatment.

“I'm sorry to the buffalo,” Reinke said Thursday. “He didn't deserve what I did to him. I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to hurt that buffalo.”

Back