• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
1zgdgcg.jpg

Angelo De La Cruz​
The driver of a stolen pickup truck caused a crash that injured a pregnant woman, resulting in the death of her unborn baby,
[....]
Police said Michael Angelo De La Cruz, 31, was on methamphetamine when the stolen 2002 black colored pickup truck he was driving crossed the center line
[....]
and collided head-on with a minivan.

A 28-year-old woman was driving the minivan. Her pregnant 16-year-old niece was with her. They were taken to a hospital with serious injuries. The teen, who was 27 weeks pregnant, needed emergency surgery due to complications with the unborn child. The fetus did not survive.

De La Cruz and his 23-year-old female passenger fled the scene of the crash and ran to a nearby home where he broke into the homeowner's BMW in an unsuccessful attempt to steal the vehicle
[....]
From that home, De La Cruz continued to run, leaving his passenger behind.

The homeowner called police and the passenger was taken into custody. She later identified De La Cruz as the driver of the pickup truck.

De La Cruz was apprehended a few blocks away from the crash scene after officers in a helicopter spotted him running.

Police said De La Cruz attempted to escape while he was at the hospital to have his blood collected for analysis as part of the investigation.

Court records state that De La Cruz admitted to using methamphetamine "all day" prior to the collision. He also admitted to running from the scene of the crash and said he borrowed the pickup truck from an unknown man.

He said he ran because he is on parole and has a felony warrant for his arrest.

De La Cruz is facing charges of second-degree murder, fleeing the scene of a collision, aggravated assault, aggravated DUI, felony escape, and unlawful means of transportation. Bond was set at $150,000.

"Because the baby was alive and the actions in this collision caused that death that baby is the death of a human being," said Sgt. Tommy Thompson with the Phoenix Police Department. "That death has got to be answered to by the suspect in this case."
http://www.azfamily.com/home/Unborn-baby-killed-in-crash-with-impaired-driver-253939801.html

"Because the baby was alive and the actions in this collision caused that death that baby is the death of a human being," said Sgt. Tommy Thompson with the Phoenix Police Department. "That death has got to be answered to by the suspect in this case."

Well done, well done!

People can turn their lives around after being an addict. So I know there's hope for them. But wouldn't it be more fun to take them in batches of like 100 or so and put them in an enclosed space with a limited supply of meth. We could video tape what happens and broadcast it. Like "Big Brother: Meth House" it would get better ratings than "Teen Mom" or "Jersey Shore"

People can turn their lives around after being an addict. So I know there's hope for them. But wouldn't it be more fun to take them in batches of like 100 or so and put them in an enclosed space with a limited supply of meth. We could video tape what happens and broadcast it. Like "Big Brother: Meth House" it would get better ratings than "Teen Mom" or "Jersey Shore"
I would be fibbing if I told you a large number of addicts make changes for the best. Some do.. maybe knowing he killed a child is his rock bottom. The bottom up is pure hell. That baby had a whole life before them.. what a sad waste! :(

Perfect. Good title too, since "The Biggest Loser" is already taken.

My little sister married a meth-head. When I found out he was hitting her, I left a message for him (through channels) that he wouldn't be able to use his legs again if I hear that he ever lays a hand on her again. He checked into rehab & never so much as raised a hand to her again.
Of course, at the time I was 6'4" (I've lost just under an inch in height) and was a very solid & athletic 280 lbs.
The fear of God is one thing to think of for the afterlife. The fear of a VERY pissed-off monster of a big brother is something to think of in this life.

Do meth.
The only person I am hurting is me.
It frees me to live my life my way!
No regrets!

Sounds pretty stupid and looks even worse.
He is unfit for continued viability as a human.

Do meth.
The only person I am hurting is me.
It frees me to live my life my way!
No regrets!

Sounds pretty stupid and looks even worse.
He is unfit for continued viability as a human.
@Sejanus
Depends how you choose to do to it.. what level you’re willing to sink to.. you’re right in one huge way you’re still always killing a part of the hearts of those connected to you even if you’re not robbing stealing killing and doing stupid shit they know in their hearts you’re killing the person you are...

@Sejanus
Depends how you choose to do to it.. what level you’re willing to sink to.. you’re right in one huge way you’re still always killing a part of the hearts of those connected to you even if you’re not robbing stealing killing and doing stupid shit they know in their hearts you’re killing the person you are...
I am also thinking in broader terms.
Think of the people who have to clean up the mess of death of the user.
EMS, innocent bystanders, first responders.
It is just a shitshow all round.

I am also thinking in broader terms.
Think of the people who have to clean up the mess of death of the user.
EMS, innocent bystanders, first responders.
It is just a shitshow all round.
@Sejanus
I always in my heart hope they somehow find something in themselves or in their lives that gives them a reason to decide to get clean.. it took one sentence from my father.. nothing else in this world that SHOULD have mattered THAT DID MATTER could bring me out of the multitudes of drugs I was killing myself with.. but one simple sentence changed everything.. I truly hope they in their struggle against their personal demons have that moment of clarity.. but I honestly understand what you’re saying..

Back