• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Brought to you by ghosttruck.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla.-- A small pig was left inside the backseat of a car in the Avenues Mall parking lot Monday. Miranda Lamendola and her co-worker called security after noticing the animal was left in the car in the scorching heat.

"We notice the pig is in the car and of course were looking to see what is going on. The car is parked with no A/C. All 4 windows only have an inch actually cracked so not even my arm could actually fit through it," Lamendola said.
[....]
"At that point I call JSO (Jacksonville Sheriff's Office) because 45 minutes goes by since I actually videotaped, knowing that the pig has no water, has no food and he's freaking out like I'm freaking out after 45 minutes after this whole process," Lamendola said.

Once JSO arrived, they began looking and waiting for the owners to show up.

The pigs condition started to get worse.

"At this point, an hour since I made the video, since I've made the video, the pig is in here and he's foaming at the mouth. When he foamed at the mouth, I was freaking out. At first I actually thought he was throwing up, but no he was foaming. He was shaking and that's when I turned to the cop and said he is foaming at the mouth. Can you please break the window?" Lamendola recalled.

The officer eventually broke the window freeing the pig.

"They broke the window, got the pig in the backseat of the cop car. So when he got in there, luckily we had water. So we sprayed the water all along the pig and he was finally responding to us. And at this point, we had to grab more water from inside of the mall, a whole bucket, just so he could drink and get himself back to normal," Lamendola said.

After more than an hour of the pig being left in the car, its owners, Mark Gray and Trinity Tavarez-Soto finally showed up and were arrested on animal cruelty charges.

Lamendola says she's grateful she helped save the pig. "I was so happy because this pig is so cute and adorable. So it was just, it was very gratifying knowing I was able to save a life. Because it was going to die."

Animal care and protective services now has custody of the pig.
full

Back