• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sue sue

Take 6
Volunteers were asked to swallow a decapitated LEGO head and asked to examine their own poop to determine how long the LEGO took to pass through them. One poor fella couldn’t find his even after two weeks of searching. I bet he got the placebo.

[GALLERY=media, 1770][/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 1771][/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 1769][/GALLERY]

I still cannot figure out how many licks to the center of a Tootsie Pop after all these years. Now this? Weird. If your kids are eating Legos, I think you have some deeper issues than how long it’ll take to pass digestion. If they’re playing with their Eggos, and eating their Legos I’m thinking the little adventurers are probably the same kids who think lead paint chips taste like candy.

No offense towards you @Sue sue .. I have done these studies .. they pay GOOD money .. quick .. but swallow a lego head?!
For some reason the link to the original journal article comes up a a cookie warning. It is a real study. My husband participates in medical studies. My favorite qoute from this study was

The primary outcome was the Found and Retrieved Time (FART) score.
Results
The FART score averaged 1.71 days. There was some evidence that females may be more accomplished at searching through their stools than males, but this could not be statistically validated.

The SHAT score is worth mentioning too.

--Al
Lol

To standardise bowel habit between participants, we developed a Stool Hardness and Transit (SHAT) :bookworm: score to look at stool consistency over time. The SHAT score is the sum of the Bristol Stool Chart scores over a specific time period divided by that time period in days. A high score indicates more frequent, loose bowel

Back