• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
LOUISVILLE, KY – A group of students on a field trip found a dead body in a ditch near*Liberty High School Wednesday afternoon. The body was later identified as 14-year-old Terrence “Treyâ€￾ Zwicker and now police are trying to find out who killed him. A cause of death has not been revealed, but his death [...]

This article is from The Dreamin' Demon, the Internet's self-appointed buzzkill.

More...

Joshua Gouker Gets Life Sentence in Murder of Stepson, Trey Zwicker

Son/step-brother, Josh Young on trial.

Fucking monsters, dad and his son(Trey's stepbrother.)

Joshua Gouker was sentenced Friday to life in prison for the murder of his 14-year-old stepson, Trey Zwicker, days before Gouker’s 17-year-old son, Joshua Young, is due to go on trial for the same murder.
[...]

On Friday, Gouker’s attorney, Mark Hall, initially asked the judge for a shorter sentence, saying “he has accepted responsibility for the crime he committedâ€￾ by pleading guilty.

After initially trying to blame the murder on Young, Gouker has repeatedly said he killed Trey alone and has sought to deflect any responsibility from Young.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/b2/20130726/news10/307260041/joshua-gouker-sentenced-life-murder-stepson?odyssey=obinsite

In defiant, obscene and sometimes startling testimony Monday, convicted murderer Joshua Gouker testified that he killed his 14-year-old stepson on May 11, 2011, by beating him to death with a pipe, saying “it just felt right.â€￾
[...]

Testifying during the second week of 17-year-old Joshua Young’s murder trial, Gouker said he was angry that Trey’s mother had aborted his child. “I know it sounds monstrous ... but if we were in the Old Testament, it would be the same thing.â€￾

Gouker, who is serving life in prison for Trey’s murder, said he took the boy to a creek behind Liberty High School on East Indian Trail to confront him about stealing a lighter and a plate of food, then killed him with a pipe that he rinsed in the creek.
[...]

And Cassie Gouker, Joshua Gouker neighbor and cousin and sometimes lover(WTF), testified that Young woke her up after the murder, about 1:30 a.m., saying he killed Trey and needed her to drive him somewhere to get rid of a blood-stained baseball bat and clothing.
[...]

“How do you not see that this late in the game?â€￾ Gouker asked White. And he said the lead detective in the case, Detective Scott Russ, has believed his lies since the beginning, saying Russ couldn’t find breasts in a strip club.

When Gouker asked Cassie Gouker to tell the police the truth about who killed Trey, she replied, “You did, right?" according to a recording played to the jury of a phone call Russ made while Joshua Gouker was present.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20130805/news01/308050045/joshua-gouker-killing-14-year-old-stepson-just-felt-right-

What exactly led to Zwicker's death remains unknown, but what we do know is that Young's social worker said, in court testimony, that she has never seen such dysfunction in a family in her 13 years on the job. A few months after Gouker was released from prison in September 2010, he got back together with his then-wife Amanda McFarland, Trey Zwicker's mother.
[...]

Gouker has a violent criminal history, including charges of robbery, assault and now murder. Less than two months after Joshua went to live with his father, his stepbrother, Zwicker, was found dead. When Gouker was sentenced for Zwicker's murder, his sentence also included two counts of animal torture for allegedly beating a dog to death with a bat and throwing a cat out of a second-story window. Young allegedly filmed his father beating the dog to death.

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/08/02/joshua-young-trial-josh-gouker-mugshots

And way to pick em Mom. It seems to me, she came forward after her own life was threatened, and not because her son was murdered. I'm trying not to be biased against her... maybe it was just abject fear... but really? You take this monster back after he gets out of prison for his prior violent douchebaggery?

vcguzby.jpg

A Kentucky teenager was acquitted Friday night of beating his 14-year-old stepbrother to death, and officials scrambled to get the teen out of jail for the first time since his father tried to pin the murder on him two years ago.

Judge Barry Willett dismissed charges that Joshua Young, now 17, murdered Trey Zwicker in May 2011, leaving him to die in a creek bed.

Young smiled wide, hugged his legal team and gave a beaming look back to his foster family and other supporters after the jury of eight women and four men found him not guilty on a charge of complicity to murder and not guilty on one count of tampering with physical evidence.

On the other side of the courtroom, Trey's family cried quietly or hung their heads in disbelief, seeing the case end with what they felt was a murderer walking free.

"The system failed Trey," Terry Zwicker, Trey's father, said in a phone interview after leaving the courthouse. "I'm upset with the verdict. (Josh Young) got away with murder. He walked away."

But Pete Schuler, an attorney for Young said the teen has lost two years of his life on a case that shouldn't have been prosecuted in the first place, pointing out that Young's father, Joshua Gouker, has already pleaded guilty to murdering Trey and said he acted alone.
[...]

Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Elizabeth Jones Brown said she was disappointed by the verdict, but not surprised. She added that prosecutors knew it would be a tough case. She said she was "heartbroken" for Trey's family.

Before the verdict, jurors watched both Young's interviews with police, in which he denied any involvement, and the testimony of Gouker.

Earlier in the day, Leslie Smith, an attorney for Young, pointed to the diminutive teen and told jurors there was no evidence he was involved in the death of his stepbrother.

"Why are we here?" she asked the jury. "Send this kid home. ... He is innocent and you know it."

Smith blamed Trey's death on Gouker, a felon who said he bludgeoned Trey with a pipe and left him to die behind a high school.

"Do you really think he didn't kill Trey?" she asked jurors about Gouker. "He took a lot of pleasure doing that to that poor boy, he really did."

Jones Brown argued that Gouker put his son up to the murder because he was angry that Trey's mother, Amanda McFarland, had aborted a pregnancy. And Gouker made sure he had alibis that night, having sex with McFarland and going to a gas station and getting cigarettes — as shown on a surveillance camera.

Cassie Gouker — Joshua Gouker's neighbor, cousin and sometimes lover — testified that Young woke her up after the murder, about 1:30 a.m., saying he had killed Trey and needed her to drive him somewhere to get rid of a bloodstained baseball bat and clothing.

After the trial, Schuler said it was very important for the defense when former Kentucky Medical Examiner Dr. George Nichols' testified that Trey died of a traumatic brain injury after being struck in the head from behind with a "rod-like" object, likely by a single person.

"It wasn't a bat," Schuler said of the prosecution's murder weapon theory. "If it was wasn't a bat, then what was this bat and the bloody bag of clothes? It just didn't make any sense. And I think that was the lynchpin" that doomed the prosecution.

Jones Brown said in her closing that Joshua Gouker couldn't describe details of the killing when he testified during the trial, also slipping once and saying "we" when talking about the murder.

Smith said, however, that the jury should throw out anything Gouker has said, because he has repeatedly lied and manipulated police since May 11, 2011 when Trey's body was found.

Also, she said there was no physical evidence against Young, just witnesses who were controlled by Gouker and lied about the teen confessing.

After initially trying to blame the murder on Young, Gouker has repeatedly said he killed Trey alone and has sought to deflect any responsibility from his son.

Young repeatedly denied to police that he or Gouker had anything to do with the murder.

"My dad liked Trey, and so did I," Young told Louisville Metro Police homicide Detective Scott Russ during a June 21, 2011, interview. "I had nothing to do with it and I'm pretty sure my dad" didn't either, saying his father was with Trey's mother the night of the murder.

When Gouker entered his guilty plea in May, he told Willett that he took Trey to the creek to confront him about stealing a lighter and a plate of food.

Gouker said he killed Trey with a pipe, then rinsed it in the creek. No murder weapon has been recovered.

The witnesses against Young were tainted by a police investigation that allowed Gouker to talk with them at the same time as police, letting Gouker control the situation, Smith said.

He is a "puppet master," she said, who has orchestrated this case from the start.

"We don't know what the heck happened that night and we have to accept that we will never know," Smith told jurors, imploring them not to convict Young. "Don't convict this boy because you don't know."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...een-acquitted-of-stepbrothers-murder/2638103/

As the jury left the courtroom for the final time, Young could barely contain his happiness, hugging a member of his defense team and smiling. While Amanda McFarland, Trey Zwicker’s mother cried in the back of the courtroom. Trey’s father’s family raced for the elevators, overcome with grief. They had harsh words, not for Young, not for Josh Gouker who is serving a life sentence for Trey’s murder, but for Trey’s mother. From the elevator, someone shouted, “I hate Amanda! She’s a f****** b****!â€￾

The prosecution left the courtroom disappointed and heartbroken for Zwicker’s family. “They are not doing well at all,â€￾ said Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Elizabeth Jones Brown, “I know this is hard for them. I know they’ve got a hard road ahead of them dealing with this.â€￾
[...]

Young’s attorney Pete Schuler says the Stoneburner family is in the process of hopefully adopting Josh Young, even though he’ll turn 18 at the beginning of January. They’ll have a hearing to that effect in about a month.

Terry Zwicker says the prosecution did a great job, but he still feels the justice system let his son down.
http://www.whas11.com/video/featured-videos/Josh-Young-After-the-verdict-219074021.html

You almost wonder if the mother should be charged in these cases for having a violent whackjob around the kid. Risk of injury to a minor, or some similar offense.

Josh Young to appear on Dr. Phil
Josh Young, the teen who last year was found not guilty of killing his 14-year-old stepbrother, is taping an upcoming appearance on Dr. Phil.
With his cousin and girlfriend by his side, Young boarded a flight at Louisville International Airport early Thursday.

"It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity," he said. "You can't pass it up."

The episode is expected to be taped in front of a studio audience on Tuesday.

"I'm not guilty -- that's why I was acquitted," Young said. "I wasn't acquitted because I did it and got away. I was acquitted because I didn't do it."
[....]
http://www.wdrb.com/story/24651370/josh-young-to-appear-on-dr-phil

As a Kentuckian, I feel that I have to say that ALMOST ALL of us never date our cousins.

First cousins, I mean. I have a pretty hot second cousin.

Is this another girlfirend that is a cousin...like his Dad??? Or two SEPARATE people? I'd be interested to see that show. How does he justify what his Dad has now confessed to? AND how doyou forgive and move on when your criminal Dad has thrown you under the bus for a murder up until he noticed there was no way he would not be convicted as well??
Get to the guts of it Dr. Phil!!!

Josh Young, the 18-year-old who was acquitted in the murder of his stepbrother, Trey Zwicker, was arrested early Saturday morning.

Young is behind bars, charged with assault and wanton endangerment.

Police arrested Young at an apartment
[...]
after a scuffle with his girlfriend. Neighbor Tony Fiorucci said he heard the commotion coming from the apartment.

"About 12:30, 1 o'clock, I got off work and I saw two officers here and I didn't know who they were here for, and I just heard Josh yelling at them or somebody else. I didn't know what they were saying,"
[....]
On the arrest citation, officers wrote that Young grabbed the victim, punching her in the stomach, causing her to throw up. He is also accused of choking the victim while putting a pillow over her face.

Terry Zwicker, who is still mourning the loss of his son, Trey, found out about Young's recent run-in with the law through Facebook.

"I feel strongly that our justice system got it wrong. I know the little boy. I know the little boy has violent tendencies. I've known him most of his life. This just goes to show that that somebody made a mistake somewhere and now there's a young lady that's been hurt because of it," said Terry Zwicker.

Fiorucci said he's not happy with his neighbor.

"I just don't want him here, you know? I think it just brings a bad element with the people that he's got coming over with him," said Fiorucci.

Young's father, Josh Gouker, was sentenced to life in prison in July for the murder of Trey Zwicker.

Young's bond was set at $1,000.
[...]
Gouker wants his conviction set aside. He now says he lied when he took responsibility for Trey Zwicker's death.
http://www.wlky.com/news/teen-clear...d-on-unrelated-charges/25563532#ixzz2zNpANySL

Now THAT'S what I call a clusterfuck! I don't know how the Judicial system deals with shit like this. I know! Put both of them in prison! I don't care what the charges are; charge them with aggravated douchebaggery. Stick them in a cell together and let them ugly each other to death.

The sad decline of meth head teen, 18, acquitted of killing his stepbrother three years ago who's just been arrested for the third time in a week
  • Josh Young, 18, from Louisville, Kentucky, has admitted snorting meth to cops after he was arrested for the third time in a week
  • The teen was acquitted in August 2013 of killing his stepbrother, Trey Zwicker, in May 2011
  • In the last seven days he has been arrested for stealing from Walmart, trying to get into random cars and trespassing
  • In his recent mug shots, Young has sported several facial tattoos - a tear under his right eye and a star near his left eye

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-meth-arrested-time-week.html#ixzz3H2FsYQfH

That POS father wanted to work the system and play that game, well rot in prison. Your son will join you soon enough. Junior seems to have spent his freedom in the most productive ways. Recidivism FTW!
I'm sure most everyone is hoping Jr's reincarceration isn't through extreme violence toward another living thing but it seems dad instilled those lessons well through the cat tossing, recorded dog beating and stepson/brother killing. Father of the fucking year award goes to.....

@GenericUser123
In a four-page written confession, Josh Young says he's 'ready to get the truth out' of the 2011 beating death of his step-brother Trey Zwicker.

In his letter, Young says he acted alone - a similar claim his father, Josh Gouker, would make during his 2013 plea.

"I just snapped. I hit him and he went down," Gouker said when he entered his guilty plea.

Initially, Gouker said Young killed Trey. But later told us about a possible cover-up conversation he had with his son.

"I said Josh, if they catch us, you just play crazy," Gouker said.

During Young's 2013 trial, he wrote in the letter a family member 'testified that she took me to dispose of the murder weapon and bloody clothes. But thanks to my dad performing so well during his testimony, the jury came back with a "not guilty" verdict."

That not guilty verdict came in August 2013 - about three months after Gouker's guilty plea.

But Young says when his dad took the stand in his trial, he did so with one goal, 'to form a series of lies and fabricate a story so believable the jury would fall for it. He succeeded!"

Gouker is serving a life sentence for Zwicker's death, while Young is currently in federal prison on a weapons charge.

I had to go look up video of Josh Young on Dr Phil because the cousin / girlfriend thing was bothering me.

Turns out, Josh Young, Josh Grouker (his father), and Cassie Grouker (father's cousin and girlfriend) were all on the show together.

Dr Phil segment (approx 3m)

Josh Grouker's full testimony in court (1hr15m)

Josh Young police interrogation from WLKY Louisville (27m)

This whole story is a mess. Trey didn't deserve to die. Grouker said he confronted him over a stolen lighter and a plate of food - what kind of shithole home is it where you beat a kid to death for eating?

But you guys know that.

It reminds me of some of my neighbors, and that makes me sad. Insert poverty rant here.

I can't tell who's lying at this point but yeah, lock 'em all up, let them fight amongst themselves like drowning rats. Trey deserved a better life and a better death than these idiots could provide.

Why was Cassie Gouker, the cousin who helped him hide the evidence, not charged with a crime? Was she given a deal to testify or something? Very odd without further detail as to why she wasnt put away.

Whole family is trash, the mom of the victim included. FUcking slime. THey all belong in a cage until the day they die. Hopefully the mom is tortured by the loss of her son, hope she never gets over the pain and sadness of it. Victim didnt deserve to die, but she deserved to have lost her son.

Back