• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
They could make this thing a whole "festival"...ask some bands to show up and play, put some tents and porta potties around the perimeter...make it like an alien Woodstock type thing. They could make a mint on the people who'd come just to watch the "Naruto runners" looking for aliens,

They could make this thing a whole "festival"...ask some bands to show up and play, put some tents and porta potties around the perimeter...make it like an alien Woodstock type thing. They could make a mint on the people who'd come just to watch the "Naruto runners" looking for aliens,

That's exactly what the local businesses are doing! I can't wait for the videos of the event. Sounds like the locals are going to make a good time out of this. Hell, now I want to go for the party!

[....]
Anheuser-Busch, the maker of Bud Light, initially posted on Twitter, "We'd like to be the first brand to formally announce that we will not be sponsoring the Area 51 raid."

However, the brand quickly backtracked off that alienating claim, saying, "Screw it. Free Bud Light to any alien that makes it out."
[....]
The company even went as far as to make a label for its Area 51 Special Edition Bud Light.

"Greetings Earthlings. This is the famous Area 51," it says at the top of the can. "We know of no space beer by any other life form which is brewed and aged to be more refreshing. Our cryogenic aging produces a light bodied space lager with a fresh taste, a crisp, clean finish, and a smooth drinkability. Take us to your leader...for drinks."
full

There's just one catch: Anheuser-Busch is asking for 51,000 retweets to make it happen. The tweet still has a way to go.

There are early warning sensors in a large buffer zone as someone approaches. By the time a person gets to the barrier which may be physical or electronic, armed soldiers will be waiting for them.

All of this @Muriel Schwenck is the absolute truth, I've traveled the highway next to the zone many times.
There are ground weight/disturbance sensors, infrared cameras and temperature heat sensors, in addition to regular cameras and high atmosphere drones over the entire area.
The moment anyone steps too far off of the roadside leeway area, the entire site will know and already have photo imagery and head counts for every person who approaches and/or tries to cross the well posted, fenced/wired boundaries.
When some idiot thinks they're hearing an approaching UFO, they'll be met with several military helicopters in their faces, and laser dots on their bodies from multiple armed personnel targeting them with M-16's.

Those who're serious about attempting this are future Darwin Award winners, and intentionally stupid AF. :rolleyes:

After reading that whole article - Why do I have a sneaky suspicion that this whole gathering thing was planned and executed with the goal of making money???

As to her - I see the attraction but not for two grand an hour.

Back