• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jinxx

Hello to everyone on DD! :)

I discovered the site in 2010, joined as a member in 2012, and despite being a rabid fan I still consider myself 98% lurker, 2% active. Anyway, I guess it's time to try and make myself be a little more sociable. Ask me anything you wanna know! :)

I spent 6 months as caretaker for my dad before he passed away (he survived multiple operations, radiation, and chemo for brain tumors for 15 years, only to die of a MRSA infection after a simple cataract surgery).
Fell into a really deep depression and alcoholism after that, but I'm slowly climbing out of the pit.

One of the last things my daddy said to me was "The key is never feelin' sorry for yourself."

I spent 6 months as caretaker...Fell into a really deep depression and alcoholism after that, but I'm slowly climbing out of the pit.

One of the last things my daddy said to me was "The key is never feelin' sorry for yourself."

May I suggest milkshakes instead.
They can help with depression.
I mean hell, ice cream!

I spent 6 months as caretaker for my dad before he passed away (he survived multiple operations, radiation, and chemo for brain tumors for 15 years, only to die of a MRSA infection after a simple cataract surgery).
Fell into a really deep depression and alcoholism after that, but I'm slowly climbing out of the pit.

I'm so sorry.
I can relate. I took care of my dad the last few months of his life.
It was the best and worst of times.
Glad you're back.

So sorry to hear about your dad, @Jinxx - glad you came back to DD :hug:!

I like that motto.

He sounded like a great man.

Welcome back!

Back