• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Momzilla

Badass/PTA Mom
Stephanie_Wedige_Mug.png

Woman arrested, 2 kids seriously injured after riding on and falling off car
According to the arrest affidavit, Stephanie Wedige, 41, drove her vehicle in the parking lot of the church during a church dance for teens. Six minors were riding on the outside of the vehicle. When Wedige stopped, two kids fell off and hit their heads on the concrete, causing serious injury. The other four minors were uninjured, according to the affidavit.

The Rev. Carl Eliason, associate pastor at Peace Lutheran, said the church’s middle school dances happen every month during the school year.

There is supervision of the parking lot when kids are dropped off. But when the incident with Wedige happened, Eliason said, the dance had already started, so no one was supervising the parking lot.

“We had no one who witnessed the event,” he said.
Wedige was charged on Monday with four counts of misdemeanor negligent child abuse with no injury, two counts of Class 3A felony negligent child abuse with an injury and one count of misdemeanor willful reckless driving.

Her bond is set at $10,000, with 10 percent bail. She is also ordered to have no contact with the minors who rode on her vehicle, unless supervised by the Department of Health and Human Services.

Wedige’s preliminary hearing is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. Jan. 3 in Hall County Court.
http://www.theindependent.com/crime...cle_3e2c80d4-aabc-11e6-8b3f-f33d75799a60.html

Stephanie Wedige, You were supposed to be the adult and tell the youngins NO! I'm sure they thought it was a good idea to ride on your car. But as an adult with the ability, hopefully, to see future consequences, you should have just said NO!

Oki doke ....

Is she a teacher? An Aide ? The Lunch lady? A Parent?
Why was she even at a dance with a bunch of 7th graders?

Or .. Does she just volunteer ? ... Maybe I'm being a judgey douche :shrug: IMO if she isn't any of the above :shifty: she's odd (trying to be friends and chill with children)

I wonder what goes through these idiots' heads when they do shit like this.

Never mind, they are brainless, clearly nothing goes through their heads.

I really hope my kid is smarter than that... don't like to victim blame but yeah I just did. They weren't 6 years old from what I've gathered.

Tragic, but I think I'm gonna try and teach my kid not to accept rides from strangers unless they get to ride inside the car and are promised candy, kitties, and puppies in return.
[doublepost=1479248334,1479248293][/doublepost]
OMG, that mug! :eek:

Thankfully she didn't fuck anybody

Speak for yourself!
#BrokenMugsMatter!

I really hope my kid is smarter than that... don't like to victim blame but yeah I just did. They weren't 6 years old from what I've gathered.

Tragic, but I think I'm gonna try and teach my kid not to accept rides from strangers unless they get to ride inside the car and are promised candy, kitties, and puppies in return.
[doublepost=1479248334,1479248293][/doublepost]

Speak for yourself!
#BrokenMugsMatter!

Yeah, common sense. It's one of the most important things to teach your kids. That, the importance of integrity, and to be your own person and make your own common sense decisions instead of following blindly along with everyone else.

@Satanica
May 31, 2018

At her sentencing Thursday in Hall County District Court, Stephanie Wedige described what happened the night of Nov. 11, 2016, when children were injured in the parking lot of Peace Lutheran Church, and what has happened to her life afterward.

Wedige’s attorney, Jonathan Hendricks, also spoke at length in her behalf.

Judge Teresa Luther then followed the recommendation made as part of a plea agreement and sentenced Wedige to 48 months probation. That sentence includes 60 days house arrest and attending a number of programs.

When the kids were hurt, Wedige was devastated, Hendricks said. She has always accepted responsibility, and went to the hospital that night to talk to parents.

Wedige has had to live with shame, heartache and news media coverage since the accident. She was asked to resign from her job. “This accident has cost her dearly,” he said, noting that the incident unfolded over the course of a minute or two.

But she received solace from her faith and support from more than 60 people who spoke up on her behalf, Hendricks said.

Wedige was crying as Hendricks spoke.

Given a chance to speak herself, she told Luther the most important thing is that the judge knows she’s sorry.

The kids didn’t fall off the vehicle because of a sudden stop, she said. The trouble started when she arrived at the wrong door of the church. She then had to drive to the correct door. “I wasn’t going that fast,” she said.

She thought all the kids, who were in an excited mood, had something to hold onto to. She even asked if everyone was OK as she drove. But all the kids didn’t hear her. Part of the problem is that one of the windows didn’t roll down because of an electrical short.

“They’re my daughters’ best friends,” she said. “I would never have done anything to hurt them.”

So, how are the victims doing now? Did I miss that? She's still making excuses and blaming part of it on the window. No, bitch, it's all on you! Are the parents okay with probation?

Back