• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I call BS on his story. It doesn't make sense when you look at all the details. And mom didn't think anything strange was going on-doesn't call police or attempt to find them?
*Step-dad was 'unconscious' the side of the road with his toddler son for 20+ hours before waking?
*The toddler just stayed there with him that entire time?
*Did he have a bruise/injury to his head? If he was hit hard enough to be knocked out for that long, he would.

If he was knocked out and unconscious for 20 hours, it would be a physical impossibility for him to remember details immediately before being knocked out.
The memory area of the brain is like older word processing software, it takes some time to "save" the experiences to one's permanent memory banks - if something like a brain/head injury strong enough to cause unconsciousness occurs, it would be like turning off the old type WP programs without saving your "data" - the data in this case means the memories just before the head injury occurred.

I've had 4 head concussions, and was old enough after the last one to remember the ride to the hospital, my family not letting me fall sleep during the ride there, and the nurses once I arrived, but I have no memory of anything from the morning that day or night before, after falling out of a high tree limb and landing head first on a picnic table at the beach.

Your BS is the proper call on this case. ;)

ETA: This case was made by the prosecutors of Paula Sims, with help from the testimony of a neurologist.
Sims had claimed that on two separate instances, years apart, where "masked men" had entered her home, knocked her unconscious, and each time had taken her newborn baby girl (2 different baby girls!), and that she was awakened from her unconscious state on the floor by her husband when he returned home from work each time.
The neurologist testified to this being medically impossible for her to remember if she had truly sustained a head injury serous enough to cause complete unconsciousness, in the way Sims' claimed what had happened.

Last edited:
Law enforcement officials in Arkansas have found a black bag with bones and blood amid their search for missing Houston 4-year-old Maleah Davis.

Community activist Quanell X, who advocated for Maleah's mother, Brittany Bowens, told ABC13 Eyewitness News of the discovery. Hours earlier, Quanell told reporters that the suspect in the disappearance, Derion Vence, confessed that the girl died by accident and her body was dumped in Arkansas.

Hempstead County Sheriff James Singleton added a road crew in Fulton, Arkansas, located the bag with a foul odor.

It's not yet confirmed whether the remains belong to the little girl, however the remains arrived in Houston Friday night for further investigation.

I had never heard of Quanell X before this case but I kind of respect the man. He dumped representation of the mom as soon as he realized she was allowing prior abuse of Maleah in the house and still left her with her bf, AND he was able to get a confession which no one else had managed.

He also said he would not be taking any reward money. It sounds like this became personal for him and that he has real anger knowing that Maleah's death could have been avoided. Sounds like he also wants to make sure everyone who was complicit in this whole debacle gets what they deserve.

Hours after making that revelation, Quanell X spoke with ABC13 Eyewitness News about what Vence told him. He said the 26-year-old was adamant that he was telling the truth.

"Derion snapped," Quanell told anchor Chauncy Glover.

In a 15-minute interview, which you can watch in the video above, Quanell said Vence told him he felt overwhelmed because he took care of Maleah and his other kids 90 percent of the time. The girl's mother, Brittany Bowens, was not there.

According to Quanell, Vence said Bowens was headed out of town when she called and accused him of being gay. Quanell said that is what Vence said set him off.

"He was angry with Brittany and he was very agitated with Brittany about her discovering him, sending these pictures of his private parts to another man and she calling him gay and saying that she was giving a ring back to him that drove him over the edge," Quanell said.

Bowens has denied claims of knowing about prior abuse or covering it up.

Quanell's talk with Vence produced pertinent information for police.

According to Quanell, Vence admitted to him putting Maleah's body in a trash bag, putting the bag in the trunk and then driving to Hope, where he dumped the bag in a wooded area.

I had never heard of Quanell X before this case but I kind of respect the man. He dumped representation of the mom as soon as he realized she was allowing prior abuse of Maleah in the house and still left her with her bf, AND he was able to get a confession which no one else had managed.

He also said he would not be taking any reward money. It sounds like this became personal for him and that he has real anger knowing that Maleah's death could have been avoided. Sounds like he also wants to make sure everyone who was complicit in this whole debacle gets what they deserve.

I’d never heard of him either, but I don’t believe a word that comes out of his mouth. He’s talked sideways since this all began. Anyone if 2 brain cells knew from the beginning both mom and step dads story was an embarrassing farce.
Why did he insert himself in the first place? For publicity pure and simple.
Arkansas had already found that trash bag before the so called confession. All he has done is muddy the water. Both of those pieces of shit did this and I only hope QX shuts the hell up and hasn’t screwed up the prosecutions case too much.

he showed ethics because mom deserves to be charged too for knowing endangerment leading to death manslaughter and her perv deserves murder 1

he showed ethics because mom deserves to be charged too for knowing endangerment leading to death manslaughter and her perv deserves murder 1

He also said what we've been saying for years.

Women need to be smarter who they let be around their kids. He said it doesn't matter how many bills they've paid, how much money they've contributed, he doesn't give a damn about how good they are in the bedroom... If they are not treating your children properly, get the hell away. You have the responsibility to protect your kids.

Everything else aside, I think we have some common ground there, because I totally agree with that.

In the video interview, Quanell X relayed that Derion Vence did not express any remorse for what he did and that he never said the child's name when discussing this. IMO, he's a self-absorbed vicious bastard who focused on his complaints of having to care for Maleah and the other children, took his anger out on that poor child and killed her due to lack of self-control. And he had done it previously. And the girl's mother knew about prior abuse and covered for him. They are both pieces of shit who should be put before a firing squad.

I didn’t watch the clip so if this was addressed I apologize.
When are we going to get back to the fact that he brought Meleah back to the apartment while mom was still in there before they left again leaving her behind never to be seen again. Video makes it obvious he didn’t sneak her in and mom was in that apartment more than an hour longer than she said. Then she’s trying to act like she’s always checking their rooms bf she leaves (like she’s such a vigilant mother-puke)
That mother isn’t guilty simply bc she knew about prior abuse and left him with her anyway-she is directly involved with Meleah’s murder.

@Satanica
The remains discovered scattered along a highway in Arkansas last week have been positively identified as missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis, Houston police confirmed Monday.

Police Chief Art Acevedo said the department was “saddened” by the news but “heartened by the fact that this sweet child can now receive the proper burial she deserved.”

The missing girl’s bones were found in a bloodied black garbage bag by a road crew on Interstate 30 near Fulton, about 330 miles from where she vanished, KTRK reported. Her cause of death hasn’t been released.

@Satarah

It is unlikely that we will ever know what really happened to Maleah.

From all the images we have seem she appeared happy and well taken care of.

If the killer was primarily taking care of the child what could have caused him to snap?

All my thoughts go to two selfish adults out to hurt each other and the only one that ended up hurt was

A beautiful little girl named Maleah.

On the flight back to Houston, the police investigators sat in silence beside an ice cooler from a nearby Walmart in Arkansas. Once empty, it now carried the remains of a little girl whom they believed to be Maleah Davis.

The investigators wouldn’t officially know the remains were of the missing 4-year-old until they received results from an autopsy, but they were almost certain. While gathering human remains scattered along Interstate 30 earlier Friday night, authorities had picked up a small pink hair barrette. They had also found remnants of colorful pajamas, shredded by a lawn mower that ran over the small body that had been tucked inside a garbage bag and discarded on the side of the road.

Police didn’t want Maleah to return to Texas in a black bag — the same way she’d left the state, said Texas EquuSearch founder Tim Miller, who was on the flight with detectives. After placing the remains in one bag and reinforcing them with a second one, police covered the bags with a unicorn blanket before closing the cooler’s lid.

The gut feeling that the remains were of Maleah — the smiling sweetheart whose disappearance and suspected death elicited the sorrow of an entire city — was confirmed Monday by the medical examiner.

“We are all saddened by the confirmation of the identification of the remains brought home to Houston by members of the Houston Police Department as Maleah Davis,” Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo said in a written statement. “However, we are heartened by the fact this sweet child can now receive the proper burial she deserved and that those who knew and loved her most desired.”

Derion Vence, the primary suspect connected to the death of Maleah Davis, spoke in an exclusive jailhouse interview with ABC13's Chauncy Glover. He tearfully denied killing the 4-year-old girl.

"I ain't no killer, bro," Vence said. "Chauncy, I loved Maleah so much. I did for her more than her own parents. I never had a biological daughter. I would never do anything to hurt her. That's not me. Ask anyone who knows me, and they'll tell you I'm not that type of dude and I was good with the kids."

Vence is charged with tampering with evidence, namely a corpse.

He went on to say that he spent his 27th birthday in jail.

"I should be home with my family. With Maleah, the kids and Brittany, cooking dinner and watching Netflix," Vence said.

When Chauncy asked him about Maleah's death he said she didn't suffer.

"Nothing bad happened to Maleah," Vence said.

Vence also denied being gay, something that Maleah’s mother, Brittany Bowens, allegedly accused him of. He also denied that Bowens tried to contact him, stating that he himself tried to reach out to her several times but she didn’t respond.

Oh for fucks sake. Some judge needs to come in and issue a gag order on all these morons involved. And for the love of god I pray the investigation is flawless and run professionally so these two asshats don’t skate away with some stupid unlawful disposal of a corpse charge.

Back