• You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

An Amber Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Maleah Davis.

According to the child’s stepfather, 3 men in a 2010 blue Chevrolet crew cab pickup truck abducted her, her 2-year-old brother and her stepfather around 9 p.m. Saturday.

The stepdad says the men dumped out him and the 2-year-old, but kept Maleah.

Maleah was last seen wearing a light blue zip jacket, blue jeans and gray, white and pink sneakers.
1557068565709-png.17096

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Hundreds of people attended the private funeral service in honor of 4-year-old Maleah Davis.

Richardson Mortuary collected flowers, teddy bears and private messages of condolences ahead of the service at the Community Crossing Church.

The family tells ABC13 Eyewitness News that Mayor Sylvester Turner delivered a message on parents loving their children and what Maleah has taught the world.

Maleahs' mother, Brittany Bowens, released a single dove at the burial ceremony in honor of her daughter.

Maleah's biological father, Craig Davis, says all guests wore a pink bracelet with the words, "Maleah Lynn Davis" engraved. Only attendees with the bracelet were allowed to attend the service.

ABC13 Eyewitness News reporter Stefania Okolie, the only member of the media allowed to attend the funeral, shared a heartwarming message that was displayed in Maleah's obituary.

The message, which was written as though it came from the 4-year-old herself, said in part, "I enjoyed my life and I want to thank everyone who made me laugh, smile and love on you."

"At only four years old, I enjoyed school. I loved all my friends at Attitude, Respect and Manners Daycare. I would eagerly make new friends so that we could sing and laugh together everyday," the message read.

It continues, "I will always hug and sing with all my cousins and friends, I love you."

Maleah's obituary stuck to the theme of her "My Little Pony" casket, and featured the 4-year-old holding a colorful rose, and surrounded by her favorite characters.
1561325985321-png.19426

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
Man, just a little overkill on that funeral flyer eh?

You can slap as many fucking rainbows, flowers, cartoon ponies and trite-ass fake quotes on that shit as you'd like. None of it changes the fact that this child led a painful, abusive life, was murdered, and then thrown away like literal garbage to decompose on the side of the road like a roadkill raccoon corpse.

I don't know why seeing this makes me so fucking furious, yet here we are. :mad:

EyEgOrE

Trusted Member
Bold Member!
Man, just a little overkill on that funeral flyer eh?

You can slap as many fucking rainbows, flowers, cartoon ponies and trite-ass fake quotes on that shit as you'd like. None of it changes the fact that this child led a painful, abusive life, was murdered, and then thrown away like literal garbage to decompose on the side of the road like a roadkill raccoon corpse.

I don't know why seeing this makes me so fucking furious, yet here we are. :mad:
the casket is a bit much, too.
maleah-jpg.19521

DivineRAiN

This one pisses me off and the way she was found.. Damn thats so fucked up. And that bad acting lying bitch just might skate out of this with some lil charge. I dont understand why dcf was bent on reunification as if the only problem was a lack of supervision. Maleah was at the hospital throwing up some blood n she was lethargic. Then back at the hospital for stitches on her forehead. Then back in the hospital with a brain injury. July and August.. All within 3 weeks? What idiots couldnt see this was escalating abuse? And they sent her back.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Parents rights supersede what is in the best interest of their children.

Although this may not exactly fit the scenario in this case it shows that mother's right should be more of a priority than keeping a child safe.

On March 18, 2002, Judge Jack Weinstein dramatically changed New York policy towards victims of domestic abuse.8 With his sweeping decision in Nicholson v. Williams,9 he concluded that a mother’s inability to prevent her children from witnessing domestic violence does not in itself constitute neglect, and therefore cannot be the sole basis for an administrative agency’s removal of her children from their family home. The court found that administrative agencies in New York had perpetrated a number of wrongs against battered mothers, including failing to provide the necessary services to ensure the protection of the mothers and children, and “unnecessarily routinely prosecut[ing] mothers for neglect and remov[ing] their children where the mothers have been the victims of significant domestic violence, and where the mothers themselves have done nothing wrong.”11 This decision was subsequently upheld by the New York Court of Appeals, which held that merely witnessing violence does not rise to the level of neglect that automatically necessitates emergency removal, even though the emotional injury to a child that results from witnessing domestic violence can satisfy the definition of a “neglected child” and require the emergency removal of that child without a court order.12The plaintiffs’ circumstances in the Nicholson case were illustrative of the “flawed understanding of domestic violence”13 that permeated the child welfare system and prevented the appropriate treatment of mothers who were victims of domestic violence. This article explains the holdings of the Nicholson cases and explores why there are still instances where the practices of New York State’s Administration for Children’s Services (“ACS”) victimize mothers. ACS has changed its policies and practices in the past ten years and has made some improvement in holding abusers accountable. Nevertheless, ACS employees continue to regularly allege neglect against battered mothers, who are much easier targets. ACS still consistently fails to offer adequate services to victims of domestic violence before prosecuting them or removing their children. ACS employees are often too ready to judge victims and are frequently not equipped to make sensitive decisions.
[/URL]

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Harris County grand jury indicted Derion Vence for tampering with the body of four-year-old Maleah.

Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg announced the indictment on Thursday.
[....]
The DA's office says when prosecutors receive a final autopsy report from the medical examiner’s office, that evidence will be considered as part of any decision regarding possible additional charges.
[....]

Alf

Keeper of the Dowager Tabby
Staff member
FULTON, Ark. (KSLA) - The Arkansas Highway Commission unanimously approved a proposal to rename a Hempstead County bridge in honor of Maleah Davis on Wednesday, advancing the planned memorial one step further.

Remains of the 4-year-old girl from Houston were found on the side of an I-30 exit ramp on May 31 in Fulton, prompting Hempstead County leaders and residents to call for a nearby bridge to be dubbed the “Maleah Davis Memorial Bridge.”

“This baby was left on the side of the road not 500 feet from [the bridge]. A cruel thing happened to her in our county,” says Sheriff James Singleton, who helped lead the renaming effort.

“Our county wants to remember this young child, bringing attention to keep your babies close."
Link

--Al

GoneWest

Bold Member!
A fucking Memorial Bridge named after her. Where she was dumped like garbage and destroyed. Bet that has a special place in her heart. That just goes to show you how out of touch and fucked up this whole situation has been from the beginning. She was beaten into brain damage and returned. Mom sucked dad sucked step dad sucked Grandma’s supervision sucked day care tried but still kind a sucked AND CPS SUCKED WITH A CAPITAL S U C K!!! Every single persons story in this scenario has been so hilariously bad if you were watching it on tv you’d think it was a joke. Yet here we are all this time later and not only has no one been charged with her murder, but we’re supposed to believe our country cares about children bc there’s a $50 fucking dollar sign “Maleah Memorial Bridge”.
Woo Fuckin Hoo

Last edited:

Members online