• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
If the Kind and Gorgeous Swedes had not arrived when they did, she might have died. Turner should throw himself on the mercy of the court and beg for forgiveness, because I'm sure the next Judge is going to bring the big hammer down on him, hard. And he's still gonna say he didn't do anything wrong, cause Dad said so.

In early May, a woman who described herself as “a lifelong friend, mother and person who has watched this family grow” started a Facebook page titled “Turner Family Support Fund” on behalf of Turner’s parents, Dan and Carleen.
The page, now defunct, provided the about 40 members who liked the page with directions on how to donate to a Wright-Patt Credit Union account to “help ease the financial burden that this situation has caused.”
“(Turner’s parents) are dealing with a monumental life-changing and tragic situation with Brock, and their expenses continue to mount. As a mother and friend, I would do anything to help my child and save him,” the supporter wrote. “I know that while we are not experiencing what they are feeling, my heart and faith continue to want to help and be supportive.”

You've got to be kidding me. What the fuck is wrong with this family? They really thought they had public support and people would be forking over money to help get their rapist son back on the streets? I'm sure they were inundated with negative comments, at least I hope they were.

Mr. Brock Turner truly has no clue, not one fucking clue, if he thinks he can get out this without serving some big time, especially after his dad's letter and his friend's letter, and whipping the entire populace into a frothing fury.

Don't forget HIS own statement. Blaming alcohol and all that. No apology, no remorse, no care for his victim. Man, I hope the new Judge goes all populist and hits him with a verdict and sentence that is in line with community expectations.
[doublepost=1465472069,1465471545][/doublepost]
The Brock Turner family need all the support they can get to pay for legal fees and to save their son. While I do not condone rape, it is understandable for a family to support & stand by their own till the very end, because that's what love does. Serial killers had defenders too, (ex. Ted Bundy).

Hmm. Nope. Strity, are you trying to troll, right now? Because that statement of yours is so fucking out there, on a crazy limb.

Just because they're blood, just because they support him - does not in any way mean anyone else needs to be supportive.

Yeah, idiots out there defend serial killers. Why should that absolve or negate the judgement, scorn, disgust and condemnation those monsters receive from the rest of us?

Its called bias. Also, the inability to perceive objectivity in circumstances relating to someone you're loyal to. It doesn't make them worthy of monetary, emotional or physical support. And it certainly never makes that violent, opportunistic rapist scum bag worthy of any form of support.

I have two grown boys, men, and I have no illusions about whether or not they are angelic. I can love my boys unconditionally and still see them as the flawed men that they are.

My oldest is, plain and simple, an alcoholic. I love him with all my heart, but I see him thru crystal clear eyes, if not for all the people around him keeping him in check, he could possibly do something irreparable.

The Turners should love their son, but they need to open their eyes to the fact that heir son is very damaged and needs their support but not any of the enabling bullshit that they seem so fond of.
[doublepost=1465479029,1465475900][/doublepost]https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/north-carolina-father-writes-letter-204509665.html

A father writes a letter to Brock Turner's father, telling him your son is not the victim here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-messages-references-taking-LSD-ecstasy.html
"pictures have surfaced that show Stanford rapist Brock Turner with a bong and a pipe.

Prosecutors in the case now say that these images prove that Turner partied and used drugs well before his college days, and lied to the judge in the case when he denied ever using 'illicit substances' in the past.

'Coming from a small town in Ohio, I had never really experienced celebrating or partying that involved alcohol,' said Turner in his letter to Judge Aaron Persky.

One image, obtained by ABC, shows Turner in his Stanford swimming shirt holding a bong, while another shows him smoking a hash pipe according to prosecutors.

These images were found on the college student's phone, along with text messages that referenced doing LSD and MDMA.

Judge Persky had seen these images and text messages prior to sentencing Turner to just six months in prison. "

This is absolutely disgusting! Oh and get this, people who submitted the great character letters, to the judge on his behalve are now slinking away from what they said. :bored: Even his guidence teach In HS has now issues a statement retracting the letter she wrote the court. She originally wrote that he didn't deserve jail time due to his wonderful nature, blah blah Now she has retracted, saying she takes back what she said and he deserves punishment and

"In the statement I submitted to the judge during the criminal proceedings and before sentencing referencing Brock’s character, I made a mistake."

What a joke the " justice " system is.

If my kid raped someone and was caught red handed I don't think I'd shell out all we've worked for to try to get her out of it. Money on their books? Sure. Therapy and help with a job after they got out? Probably. Run around discrediting my kid's victim and spending all my husband and I worked for? Fuck no.

Santa Clara County Superior Court is the court I interned in.

Anyone still wonder why it scared me away from law? :shifty:

Wealth privilege is rampant. Alumni privilege/cronyism is rampant. Racial privilege is rampant. Athletic privilege is rampant.

All factor into this case. Arguing about how much of what is a fool's errand. Is money more of a factor than race? Ultimately, yeah, always. But a white family needs less money to qualify for the privilege than a black family does, and that's where the racial privilege comes into play. One need only look at the difference in sentencing between Cory Batey, a 19-year-old star football player for Vanderbilt, sentenced to a mandatory 15 - 25 years for three sexual assault-related felonies just a couple of months ago, and Brock Turner, the 19-year-old star swimmer.

Perhaps the worst part is, the way the justice system is currently structured, this will remain unchecked. These are the hurdles the good guys seek to clear, and it is a constant and never-ending struggle.

I don't believe the appeal has been filed, but the family has already obtained an appellate attorney, so it's likely.

Nietzsche, a famous philosopher toward the end of the 19th century, wrote extensively about what he considered the two fundamental types of morality, "master" and "slave". He argued that slave morality was centered around compassion and master morality around strength and status. Whereas slave morality measured the merit (or lack thereof) of behavior based on intentions, master morality measures the merit of a behavior on it's consequences. Not over all consequences, but immediate consequences. Swirl that around with the "20 minutes of action" comment from the senior turner. That kind of consequence. In other words, no consequence to his son, so no big deal.

Master morality is imparted by privilege, and simply doesn't account for compassion. It's not even part of the equation. And, that's how a family like the Turners can be so goddamn out of touch as to appeal an already insulting sentence.

Oh, how I hope it bites them in the ass in a devastating way.

Wealth privilege is rampant. Alumni privilege/cronyism is rampant. Racial privilege is rampant. Athletic privilege is rampant.

All factor into this case. Arguing about how much of what is a fool's errand. Is money more of a factor than race? Ultimately, yeah, always. But a white family needs less money to qualify for the privilege than a black family does, and that's where the racial privilege comes into play. One need only look at the difference in sentencing between Cory Batey, a 19-year-old star football player for Vanderbilt, sentenced to a mandatory 15 - 25 years for three sexual assault-related felonies just a couple of months ago, and Brock Turner, the 19-year-old star swimmer.

Perhaps the worst part is, the way the justice system is currently structured, this will remain unchecked. These are the hurdles the good guys seek to clear, and it is a constant and never-ending struggle.

I don't believe the appeal has been filed, but the family has already obtained an appellate attorney, so it's likely.

Nietzsche, a famous philosopher toward the end of the 19th century, wrote extensively about what he considered the two fundamental types of morality, "master" and "slave". He argued that slave morality was centered around compassion and master morality around strength and status. Whereas slave morality measured the merit (or lack thereof) of behavior based on intentions, master morality measures the merit of a behavior on it's consequences. Not over all consequences, but immediate consequences. Swirl that around with the "20 minutes of action" comment from the senior turner. That kind of consequence. In other words, no consequence to his son, so no big deal.

Master morality is imparted by privilege, and simply doesn't account for compassion. It's not even part of the equation. And, that's how a family like the Turners can be so goddamn out of touch as to appeal an already insulting sentence.

The two crimes/criminals are not even close to being comparable it has nothing to do with race or money although it seems some see everything in black, white and green
I disagree with the sentence, but we've seen over and over some judges are incompetent
What does make a huge difference in sentencing is a video of the crime which they had in the Cory case, from the phones of the three rapist guess they all wanted their own video

Last edited:
The Brock Turner family need all the support

I agree I think any family would need support to accept and come to terms with the fact that

their son is a rapist. They have social workers for that. Its one thing to offer support by your

presence in court its quite another to lie to yourself while a rapist that you gave birth to

lives in your house.

I read something about a petition to have the judge recalled being avail online at change.org.

His sentence is gonna be cut in half! :banghead:
Convicted Stanford rapist expected to have already controversial sentence cut from six to three months

SAN FRANCISCO — A former Stanford University swimmer whose six-month sentence for sexually assaulting an unconscious woman ignited widespread outrage will leave jail three months early.

Online inmate records show 20-year-old Brock Turner is expected to be released from the Santa Clara County jail on Sept. 2. He was booked June 2.
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/w...oversial-six-month-sentence-cut-to-just-three

Former Stanford swimmer Brock Turner has been banned from USA Swimming for life after he was convicted of sexually assaulting an unconscious woman on campus in January 2015.

Turner is no longer eligible for USA Swimming membership and will not be allowed to compete in any USA Swimming-sanctioned events, including the Olympic Trials, after violating the organization's Code of Conduct policy.

A USA Swimming spokesperson confirmed Turner's ban to USA TODAY Sports:

"Brock Turner's membership with USA Swimming expired at the end of the calendar year 2014," USA Swimming spokesman Scott Leightman said in an email to USA TODAY Sports. "He was not a member at the time of his crime or since then. USA Swimming doesn't have any jurisdiction over non-members.

"Brock Turner is not a member of USA Swimming and, should he apply, he would not be eligible for membership. ... Had he been a member, he would be subject to the USA Swimming Code of Conduct. USA Swimming strictly prohibits and has zero tolerance for sexual misconduct, with firm Code of Conduct policies in place, and severe penalties, including a permanent ban of membership, for those who violate our Code of Conduct."
http://www.foxsports.com/olympics/s...d-stanford-swimmer-sexual-assault-rape-060616

You know shit is getting real up in here when you have covens hexing your ass.

A group of witches unsatisfied with the sentence of former Stanford swimmer Brock Turner gathered Tuesday for a mass ‘hexing.’

The organizer invited more than a thousand people to gather at home altars and recite the following:

Brock Allen Turner we hex you.
You will be impotent
You will know constant pain of pine needles in your guts
Food will bring you no sustenance
In water, your lungs will fail you
Sleep will only bring nightmares
Shame will be your mantle.
You will meet justice.

My witchcraft is strong. Our witchcraft is powerful. The spell will work. So Mote it be.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/06/08/witches-gather-online-to-hex-brock-turner/

Since you no doubt, know a tonne more about the justice system in the US compared to myself - can you help me with the following questions?

The appeal, it won't have the same judge as before, right?
Is there any laws or rules over there that the current judge could be charged under, if he fits the parameters - given that this is clearly a clear case of bias? Basically - can they get him for a shit ruling or is he 100% protected from any consequences?

Now let's say at the appeal, that Turner loses, and gets hit with a bigger punishment. What happens then? Does he automatically go back to jail to serve the extra time, if he's already free of the current sentence by the time of the new verdict? Can he appeal again - or is it that they can't just blanket chuck out appeal requests, but that his lawyers have to convince a judge that mistakes were made in the second trial to warrant it?

My understanding of the US justice system is from fiction books and movies. Ergo - I have no fucking idea what I'm talking about and don't understand the process that is now to be followed.

Also, can Turner's legal team, in a new trial, force to have the anonymity of the victim lifted? Is there something there that they can use to release her details and start a smear campaign? I bloody hope not.
[doublepost=1465533869,1465533542][/doublepost]
I agree with you. Unfortunately the thing is the mother will always see her boy as her little angel, no matter how horrid the crime. No connection is greater than blood and love. She will think of the good memories, when she held him as a baby. Same with friends, they are in denial and refuse to see him as rapist. When it comes to loved ones, there is no convincing, no matter how hard u try.

But yah the turner family are gonna need $$$ if they want to save their son. Just pointing out a fact, not an opinion or anything, which I presume you misunderstood as me saying "I hope they save the rapist" hence all the wtfs rating on my post. I would never defend a rapist, especially a rich one. He could have hired a hooker. No sympathy for that fucker.

OK, I apologise. I didn't understand your first post.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that blood only goes so far. If I had a rapist or pedophile or premeditated murderer, or wife basher in my family - I'd let them fucking rot and save themselves.

Prospective jurors refuse to serve in Judge Persky's court

Several prospective jurors refused this week to serve in a courtroom presided over by Judge Aaron Persky, the Mercury Newsreported on Thursday, June 9. Persky has faced major backlash since he sentenced convicted sex offender Brock Turner to just six months in county jail for the rape of an unconscious woman.

Jurors reportedly spoke out against Persky while attorneys were selecting individuals for an unrelated misdemeanor case. "I can't believe what you did," one told Persky, according to the Mercury News. Another reportedly said, "I can't be here, I'm so upset."

[...]

Many people following the case — which got national attention after a letter written by the victim to her attacker went viral online — have decried the decision as too lenient for Turner's crime.

Some of those people, it turns out, are prospective jurors in the Santa Clara County court system. According to the Mercury News, Judge Persky told the jurors who opposed him that he understood and excused them from duty.

Persky ran unopposed for another term in this week's primary election, but more than 940,000 people have signed a Change.org petition to have him removed from the bench.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...e-in-brock-turner-judges-court-report-w209672

You know shit is getting real up in here when you have covens hexing your ass.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/06/08/witches-gather-online-to-hex-brock-turner/
I've been having a discussion on Facebook on this. So since I have an opposing view and called these women fakes, I'm a fucking bitch and I don't know what I'm talking about.
Lessee... I was born into a pagan household and practised for more than 35 years. Nope, no idea what I'm talking about. Especially now that I'm athiest.
Fake shit right there.

@sarahdownunder

Depending on the basis of his appeal, chances are extremely slim that he would have the same judge, should he win his appeal.

To answer your question, his sentence went from 6 months to 3, but fret not, there is still an appeal pending where HE wants an entirely new trial!

Yes. He appealed saying that his trial was not fair.

He was looking at a possible 10 year sentence. Let's say he gets a new trial. (Sorry to circle around your question) Should he be found guilty. The new judge hands down an 8 year sentence (an example), then yes. He will go back to jail, prison at that point, even if he had already been released after serving his 3 months.

The new trial outcome would be his new punishment, while being given credit for his time served prior, he would go back.

As I said in my prior post. Yes, yes Brock. Appeal. I would love to see what happens if he wins a new trial.

For some reason, I feel like his lawyers are going :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

He apparently thinks he can get acquitted and not have a felony record. Considering his admission, that's gonna be a really tough sell.

As expected, prosecutors are giggling, then salivating and chomping at the bit...

Last edited:
@mynameiskat

There is so much hate and horrible things that happen to people who don't ever even have the chance to attended a go to a fancy school like this. I prefer to save my tears ford them.
The victim was not a student there. The rapist was.
Could we get a little compassion and outrage for her rape now that its been established that she wasn't attending this rich school.

Just when I think he can't get any more repulsive or scummier, he manages to top himself. Way to go Brocksy 'ol boy!

The vile text he sent along with the photo of his victim's breasts states: 'Who's tits are those?' [sic]. This is the grammar of someone who is attending one of the world's most prestigious institutions? What a glowing recommendation for their university!

He looks like such a creeper to me, I don't see the boyish all American 'aw shucks' kind of guy his supporters say he is. I think he resembles James Holmes, the Aurora movie theater killer.

3507E4E700000578-3634054-image-a-11_1465507972022.jpg
james-holmes-435.jpg

Last edited:
Back