• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Prettypink513

Church Member
"Stacey Schuchart, 29, was arrested Friday and charged with first-degree manslaughter in connection to the child's death, the release states."

"According to the release, the Bellevue-Dayton Fire Department responded to a report that the child was unresponsive on Aug. 16. The child stopped breathing before responders made it to the residence. Officers transported the child to the hospital once they got to the scene. The child was pronounced dead hours later, at Cincinnati Children's"

"Details of Schuchart's involvement in the child's death or her relationship to the child have not yet been released."

The coroner said the 18-month-old child suffered "significant traumatic injury" and died of "homicidal violence." The child's injuries were "entirely inconsistent with hitting his forehead on the microwave," and more consistent with "the level of trauma that she would expect from a serious car accident."

The coroner said the child had at least four fractures to his pelvis, internal bleeding and his bladder was detached from his skeletal system.

The coroner said it appeared he was stomped on and that his arm was broken after it appeared to be twisted or grabbed.

The coroner also documented significant head trauma that she believed was caused by a series of forceful blows.

The family of an 18-month-old, who investigators said died of a homicide, is speaking out for the first time.

Investigators said Sean Ryan Buttery Jr. was beaten to death by his own mother, Stacey Schuchart, who was nine months pregnant at the time.

Sean Buttery and Schuchart just had their third child together a few weeks ago. Schuchart was arrested just over a week later and charged with manslaughter in the Buttery Jr.'s death. He died mid-August.

The baby's father has been inconsolable, according to family members.

"He's lost. My son is lost, and it breaks my heart," said Teresa Durham, Buttery's mother and Buttery Jr.'s grandmother. "I couldn't even think about hurting my children. What parent could?"

Durham rushed to Children's Hospital when her family heard the news that Buttery Jr. had been taken to the hospital by ambulance. She said she will never forget seeing her grandson's lifeless body but wants to remember his smiling face instead.

Durham said Buttery Jr. spent most of his life in foster care and that his parents both struggled with drugs in the past and had been trying to regain custody. She also said Buttery Jr. just left his foster family's home the day before.

"The day before they got him. The next day, that baby's dead," she said. "I don't want his death to be in vain. I want something to come out of it... change so these children quit falling through the cracks."

The couple's two other children are now in foster care. Durham said her son currently has visitation rights.

@Satanica @Prettypink513

Last edited:
I was raised in North Central Ohio... a "flat-lander" , so naturally I thought the same. We can go together, we'll hold hands and skip.
Nothing like an amazing partner to hold hands and skip with.....even if it’s to hell. I have a feeling we would get bumped out though....straight to someplace magnificent (compared to the heretics we post about on here). Either way, I’m in. :kiss:

"Stacey Schucart, 29, was initially charged with first-degree manslaughter when arrested on Sept. 13 in Dayton, Kentucky. The murder charge replaces the manslaughter charge.

Schuchart reported Sean Buttery Jr. was unresponsive Aug. 16. The Bellevue-Dayton Fire Department responded to find that Sean had stopped breathing before they made it to the residence. He was later pronounced dead at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center.

The coroner found the death of the child was the result of "homicidal violence," said Campbell Commonwealth's Attorney Michelle Snodgrass. A Commonwealth's Attorney is the top criminal prosecutor for a county or region that is elected by voters.

"After a thorough presentation of the facts and circumstances surrounding his death, the grand jury returned an indictment for wanton murder," Snodgrass said.

On Sept. 11, Campbell District Court Judge Karen Thomas read excerpts of the coroner's report aloud. The coroner believes Schuchart's original report that Sean hit his head on a kitchen microwave was "inconsistent" with the trauma found in the autopsy.

In addition to skull trauma, multiple lacerations, bruises and scabbed over wounds from prior injuries were found, according to the coroner's report that Thomas read."

L I N K !!

DRD1j.jpg

A Kentucky mother has admitted to beating her 17-month-old son to death in 2019. Stacey Schuchart last week formally pleaded guilty to one count of murder in the death of her toddler son, Sean Buttery Jr., court records reviewed by Law&Crime show.

According to a probable cause affidavit obtained by the Cincinnati Enquirer, Schuchart on Aug. 16, 2019 called 911 and told an emergency dispatcher that she was at home with Sean and his 3-year-old brother when Sean hit his head on the microwave and stopped breathing. Officers with the Dayton Police Department and Emergency Medical Services personnel responded to the home.

Upon arriving at the scene, first responders reportedly found an unresponsive Sean in critical condition. Authorities reportedly noted in the affidavit that Sean had sustained “a collection of injuries beyond bumping his head on the microwave.” EMS transported the toddler to the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center where doctors attempted to resuscitate Sean. He was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at the facility.

The Hamilton County Coroner’s Office performed an autopsy and reportedly determined that Sean died due to “homicidal violence.” The child had suffered “significant traumatic injury,” including severe bruising to several areas of his head and eyes, and swelling of the brain consistent with repeated blunt force trauma. The severity of the injuries was deemed consistent with what the coroner said she “would expect from a serious car accident,” Cincinnati NBC affiliate WLWT reported.

Sean also reportedly sustained at least four fractures to his pelvis indicating that someone had “stomped on” him while he was on the floor, causing internal bleeding and completely detaching his bladder from his skeletal system.

Additionally, one of the child’s arms was broken, likely due to it being grabbed and twisted, per WLWT.

The coroner’s report emphasized that any collision Sean may have had with the microwave played no role in his death, outright stating that the toddler was “beaten to death,” per the Cincinnati Enquirer.

A neighbor who wished to remain anonymous told WLWT that he spoke to Schuchart at least twice in the weeks following Sean’s death. The person described her as being “emotionless” and “nonchalant” when discussing her son’s brutal death.

Making matters even worse, while Schuchart was Sean’s biological mother, the state had obtained a court order removing the toddler and his older brother from her home and placing them in the care of her sister, per the Cincinnati Enquirer. Despite the court order, prosecutors reportedly said there was evidence the children had been living with her illegally for a least a month prior to Sean’s grisly death.

She was arrested on Nov. 18, 2019 on one count of first-degree manslaughter, but that charge was later dismissed and upgraded murder charges were filed, records show.

Last edited:
Stacey Schuchart, 32, sat quietly in court as Judge Julie Ward announced the 35-year sentence for the murder of a 1-year-old son, Sean Buttery Jr.

Her defense attorney expressed that Schuchart understood the wrongfulness of her actions.

“A lot of remorse and this is something she will be dealing with the rest of her life,” the attorney explained. “Her criminal history doesn’t reflect a history of violence.”
Sean’s father, Sean Buttery Sr. was in court when Schuchart was sentencing. He expressed the grief he is still fighting.

“You [Schuchart] don’t know what you’ve done to me. I’m barely hanging on,” Sean Buttery Sr. said. “My boy did not deserve what you did to him, but you have not shown any remorse to me or these kids.”
The children were not legally allowed to be in Schuchart’s care at the time of the incident, documents state, adding they had been removed from her home and placed in the temporary custody of her sister by court order.

Documents say the children had been living with Schuchart illegally for almost a month.

Schuchart must serve 20 years before she will become eligible for parole.

Back