• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
The best laid plans of mice and men so they say. The Pickens Country Sherriff’s department reported two inmates had escaped from Pickens Country Prison. Looks like the two escapees made it past the walls but chose to break into an unnamed homeowner’s house and he was packing! One inmate was shot dead and the other quickly picked up by the police.

More details on this will be released at 11am today at a news conference.

I gotta tip my hat to the homeowner…thanks for saving the taxpayers some money…

No pictures are available so here's a sweet picture of police tape

RFF6Glw.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/us/2-inmate...-dead-by-home-owner-other-captured-police-say

Attachments

• Police-Tape.jpg
    Police-Tape.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 1,344
Here I was trying to figure out how they got lead poisoning when I read the title. All the way to "he was packing", too. :rolleyes::D

The best laid plans of mice and men so they say. The Pickens Country Sherriff’s department reported two inmates had escaped from Pickens Country Prison. Looks like the two escapees made it past the walls but chose to break into an unnamed homeowner’s house and he was packing! One inmate was shot dead and the other quickly picked up by the police.

RFF6Glw.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/us/2-inmate...-dead-by-home-owner-other-captured-police-say

I believe this was Pickens County Jail. Don't get me wrong, it is also country as hell too.

pickinscountyprison1.jpg

RFF6Glw.jpg

Best thread title, ever!!!

I got an update for all you fine folks.

Meet Bruce McLaughlin Jr.
czE4zQZ.jpg

Authorities found McLaughlin on the floor of the woman’s house with a gunshot wound to the head. He was flown by helicopter to a hospital, but did not survive.

And with that, the woman was thrust into the good-guy-with-a-gun debate, in a nation embroiled in a long-running discussion about firearms.

The National Rifle Association has repeatedly lauded #ArmedCitizens who kill mass shooters or other dangerous people. The lobbying group also has used the incidents to criticize politicians who’ve pushed for stricter gun control.

Critics of that argument say that people who just happen to have access to firearms at the right moment aren’t a substitute for comprehensive gun control policies that keep weapons out of the hands of criminals in the first place. And they point out that many good guys with guns — including trained police officers — have become victims.

But Clark, the sheriff, said more of the people who live in his county should emulate the woman on Meece Mill Road. She was licensed to have her handgun and had been trained to use it.

“This is the shining example of what this lady did, took the time to get her [concealed weapons permit] and set herself up to be able to protect herself and not be harmed, killed or raped or whatever,” Clark said at a news conference.

The sheriff’s office did not charge the woman; Clark said investigators determined that she faced an imminent threat and had no escape route because of the size and layout of the house.

“This was a big guy,” Clark said. “If she didn’t have a weapon, there’s no telling what would have happened. But she stopped the crime. She solved the crime and came out a winner.”

When Clark met the woman, he said, he told her as much.

“I gave her a big hug. I told her how proud I was of her.”

Imgur strikes again. Load the url below and then remove the "s" and the page should then load with the photo.

https://czE4zQZ.jpg

ghosttruck, this is one of those you would have to save to your computer and then upload to tinypic or other image hosting site in order to obtain a working url that you could post with the image icon on the tool bar above so that we could see the image in your post. That's a lot of trouble.

Back