• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Because I still click to this song every time I get pulled over. And because every time, it makes me want to make like Elwood and floor it.

High praise to Elwood, for every ticket I outran. I was on a mission from god.

Hold on baby, no need to worry, I'm comin.

Last edited:
Don't like it as much as the first two, but still a good song. Will probably end up picking this up; need to hear more though.
Yeah, ended up buying it. Had to listen to live versions of a lot of the songs, and a few of them just aren't online at all, but all-in-all it seems like a really solid album.

And the chorus on Radio is to die for.

Co-written for her gay sister, this has become an anthem for Pride Month.
BTW, she's playing a Mountain Laptop Dulcimer, one of America's 2 native instruments. ;)
(The videos following this are also worth watching to see how strong her vocals and active her stage movements are for a woman in her mid 60's!)

The reigning Queen songwriter of R&R, looking fabulous here at the tender age of 63+ (and still now at 71), even after snorting miles of cocaine - which she quit along with all drugs during the 80's;)
Check out Dave Stewart in his Top Hat, and Mike Campbell playing guitar while waiting for the bus, who worked on the album with her. :cool:
She and the Wilson sisters of Heart were my major influences as an 11 year girl and thru my life, proving and encouraging me both back then and even now that *women* can ROCK and kick some serious ass on guitars!

1561737716306.pngShe comes in colors everywhere, she combs her hair, she's like a rainbow.

Last edited:
Is the other one the mandolin? :joyful:

The early 17th century Caribbean slaves brought with them and played a native African instrument made from a half of a gourd with a skin top that had 2-3 strings strung on a long stick attached to the gourd.
After arriving in America, the instrument was slowly modified over the years into a 4 string, 5 string and 6 string wooden bowled, skin topped instrument with a neck and frets - the name the early American slaves and other musicians called it evolved from several possible African words, but eventually it became known as the banjo.
:cool:

The mandolin comes mostly from the Greek bouzouki, which comes from the lute.
A bouzouki has a longer neck, a lower pitch and a different tuning, and can have six strings in 2 sets of 3 strings that are tuned and fretted together in the groupings of 3 strings, or 8 strings played in sets of 2 two strings that are tuned and fretted together in the groups of 2 strings - the latter being the same stringing style of the mandolin, and the most commonly found and played type of bouzouki.
An octave mandolin also has the same long neck, and is basically identical to the the bouzouki scale wise, but is tuned the same as a mandolin, only an octave lower in pitch, and has twice the octave range of a standard mandolin. ;)

Well, that does it for my Ted Talk tonight, and thank you all for coming!

:brb:We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.:brb:

Back