• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1571060188946.png

The son of Tarrant County Sheriff Bill Waybourn was arrested Friday on charges of public intoxication and indecent exposure, jail records show.

Arlington police arrested Sergei Waybourn near AT&T Stadium, just a few days after the sheriff sparked controversy with comments he made at the White House about some of Tarrant County’s jailed unauthorized immigrants.

Bill Waybourn was at a Washington, D.C., event Thursday opposing a judge’s decision to end the use of unreliable databases when U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement requests local law enforcement hold someone facing possible deportation.

The sheriff said the ruling would make it difficult to keep in jail unauthorized immigrants charged with DUIs. While noting that many are repeat offenders, he said, “These drunks will run over your children, and they will run over my children."

He faced immediate criticism from people who believed his comments were bigoted and an attack on immigrants as a whole — a sentiment the Tarrant County Sheriff’s Department denied.

The son of Tarrant County Sheriff Bill Waybourn was arrested Saturday by Arlington police.

Sergei Waybourn is charged with indecent exposure and was booked at the Tarrant County Correction Center.
full

Sergei has a lengthy history of arrests from 2017 to 2019, including for criminal tresspass, theft, criminal mischief and assault-bodily injury.
[....]
The arrest came just days after the sheriff made headlines for calling some undocumented immigrants "drunks who will run over your children."

Sheriff Waybourn released a statement Saturday night concerning the arrest saying:

"The family and I are deeply saddened by Sergei’s choices. It has been many years since he disassociated from our family. We, along with many family members have made efforts over the years to help him - all to no avail. It is always sad when drugs take control of a person’s life. His choices and actions have lead to this situation."
[
full
/quote]

Latest posts

Back