• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

The cat filter activated during a press conference regarding a double murder.

Canadian police are setting the record straight after the cat filter activated during a press conference regarding a double murder.
No shit???

I suddenly want to start my own news station and deliver all the news with the cat filter on? I didn't even know there was such a thing.

I think @Morbid should do at least one podcast with the cat filter.

There's far more people than just those 5. This area is pretty local to where Im from. It's not known for being a nice stretch to travel. The only real reason this made press at all is because of the american and the aussie.. and because all the victims are white. There are hundreds of people who have gone missing from that same area dating back over 30 years. Weirdly enough even if it would have been the texan..he wouldnt even be the first american who's used that area as a killing ground.

Two Canadian teens who were believed missing are now considered to be suspects in the shooting deaths of a young American woman and her Australian boyfriend, as well as in the death of an unknown man in rural British Columbia.
Kam McLeod, 19, and Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, are considered dangerous, and members of the public should not approach them, authorities said. They were last seen in northern Saskatchewan — about a day's drive east of where the bodies were found — driving a gray 2011 Toyota RAV4, authorities said. The pair may now be in Manitoba, east of Saskatchewan, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police said Tuesday night.
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/23/americas/canada-couple-murder/index.html
Post automatically merged:

People in northern Manitoba are tense after RCMP announced two men in a national manhunt could be in the area — and a car matching the one they were last seen driving was found burning and abandoned near a First Nation.

"It's an understandable fear for our community members. It's an unknown for anyone, as far as whether they [suspects] are or are not in the community," said Dwayne Forman, mayor of the town of Gillam.

His advice for people in the area is to "stay safe, stay indoors, and if you're travelling alone, I wouldn't recommend it. Travel in groups and keep your eyes open for any suspicious individuals."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manhunt-homicide-suspects-bc-manitoba-1.5222924

Last edited:
I had wondered if it was that stretch but the Canadian paper i read said it wasn't
I think you are thinking of highway 16. Its not the same but it is the same lol Both roads connect and the entire area in between them is plagued with the problem of missing and murdered people. A lot of it is because its nothing but wilderness up there and the people who are up there are either native american, poor as fuck or working for one of the many industrial camps. Victims that are easily forgotten and a rough crowd essentially surrounded by bush that makes it easy for perpetrators and their crimes to go unnoticed.

Last edited:
they are still looking for them

Schmegelsky is killing his father

Last edited:

RCMP have suggested the possibility someone in Gillam, Man., may have "inadvertently" helped two B.C. homicide suspects leave the area — and say if that happened, they want to hear about it.

At a Friday afternoon news conference, Cpl. Julie Courchaine stressed that there have been no confirmed sightings of Kam McLeod, 19, and Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, outside the area in northern Manitoba where the police search is concentrated.

She suggested it's plausible that someone did not recognize the fugitives — who may have changed their appearance in recent days — and helped them escape.

Chances are they're already in Ontario...our papers are already publishing warnings to keep an eye out for them/don't approach/call police etc.

They gotta be hitchhiking or they stole another vehicle right? No way theyre merely hiking along, although i suppose that's a possibility actually.

If they did steal a car, youd think thered be a report of someones vehicle showing up missing, unless there's yet another victim waiting to be found.

And if it's hitchiking, surely people driving along offering rides is hip to the news and would be contacting authorities to let them know thye may have picked the folks up. Should help pinpoint their general location/directaion.

still think this story is as shady as coal, it doesn't make sense especially with the burnt out vehicle in bumfuk nowhere&then traipsing off into the woods to conveniently die

Well, now we know how they died:
Two teenage murder suspects who led authorities on a desperate 15-day manhunt across Canada died of apparent suicide by gunfire, a medical examiner has revealed.

In a statement released Monday afternoon, police said the autopsies confirmed that the bodies found near the Nelson River outside Gillam, Manitoba, last week belong to fugitives Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, and Kam McLeod, 19.

Officials said two firearms were found with the teens, who apparently died of self-inflicted gunshot wounds.

The statement said it is unclear when they died, but that 'there are strong indications that they had been alive for a few days since last being seen in July and during the extensive search efforts in the Gillam area'.

The discovery of the bodies concluded a 15-day manhunt that began in the western Canadian province of British Columbia and spanned about 3,100 miles across five provinces.

Link

--Al

still think this story is as shady as coal, it doesn't make sense especially with the burnt out vehicle in bumfuk nowhere&then traipsing off into the woods to conveniently die
They didn't have a lot of options. I think they figured if they burnt the rav4, which is what everyone was on the look out for..they could hide out in the bush but the area they got chased into is unforgiving terrain. Coupled with both the police and military hunting you..it's either go to prison for multiple murders, die to the elements or commit suicide.

The search for McLeod, 19, and Schmegelsky, who would have turned 19 on Aug. 4, covered 11,000 square kilometres in northern Manitoba alone — an area larger than Jamaica.

[..]

Manitoba RCMP Sgt. Paul Manaigre said the search was punishing.

"We were describing it over the last couple of weeks as being some pretty dense bush and some pretty remarkable terrain — in my opinion that's almost an understatement," said Manaigre, who participated in police searches after the bodies were found.

"It was incredible. The steep hills, you've got a fast moving river with very little riverbank.… It's unimaginable how … you could traverse that type of area."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-homicide-suspects-autopsy-update-1.5243741

Back