• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
I wasn't that excited about this film to begin with, but I couldn't NOT go see a new Star Wars movie.

My thoughts going into this were, does Han Solo really need (a possibly multi-film) backstory? As I watched the film I tried to keep in the mind set of would this be good if it was just a stand alone film and not connected to Star Wars. As a Star Wars film and as a stand alone film this was pretty mediocre in every regard. I thought almost all of the actors did a pretty good job and Donald Glover was fantastic, it was just that the story was very lackluster.

My biggest problems were the BS parts of the story. Number one is the revelations that Han Solo just randomly and very luckily knows how to speak Wooki and does so to save his life and Chewie is about to eat him. Strange that he never speaks it again at all, though it is implied he understands some of what Chewie says in subsequent films. Second was the appearance of Darth Maul at the end of the film. This seemed to be an obvious segway into making a Solo sequel. My issue with this is it is combining movie cannon with that of the animated series, and in Phantom Menace he is cut in half and presumed dead. He only survived and lives on in the animated series. So does this imply that now the films can pick and choose as to whatever they want to use from the animated series?

My problems with what they have done to the Star Wars franchise at this point is too numerous to type. I blame Kathleen Kennedy 100 percent. This is the first Star Wars film that I have not seen in the theater. Such a shame. I hope they can repair some of the damage done with the Last Jedi with episode 9, but I truly feel Disney needs to branch off the main trilogy characters and events, and start telling new stories in the Star Wars universe.

It made way less than expected on opening, so lots of people weren't expecting it to be good enough to bother going to a theater.

It made way less than expected on opening, so lots of people weren't expecting it to be good enough to bother going to a theater.

People are trying to discredit the impact it made, but the fan boycott didn't help it at all.

I saw it a couple days ago, and thought it was enjoyable. Not mind meltingly brilliant or anything, but I thought it told Han's backstory decently, filled in some gaps, and touched on some prior details in an interesting way. I enjoyed watching the relationship develop between Han and Chewbacca.

Just got back from seeing it tonight.
I am ambivalent about it.

Empire and Rogue One remain my favourites.
Tired of seeing train heists.
Ok enough characters and performances given what they had to work with.
Corellia looked mighty dank and shitty with a greater hive of scum and villiany then Mos Eisley
Story was ridiculously predictable

Still some things never properly explained.
Why does Han sport a Corellian blood stripe in later films when he never earned it
Lando is a terrible card cheat, not at all subtle
The flying necktie is just utterly stupid

May they never make a Lando film.
His character is just sad and lame.
And the big reveal at the end of the man in black...yawn!

I haven't been to a Star Wars movie since Episode 1. I figured they could only get worse. My 21 year old loves all of them and continually tries to talk me into going, but I'm not doing it.
sVFqbFA.jpg

Fucking awful.

You can't recast Han Solo. Just doesnt work.

It's even worse that this is supposed to be a young Han, yet it looks about the same age as the character when we first meet him in New Hope. The actor playing him is close to the same age Ford was, certainly looks to be in the simialr age bracket, as when New Hope was made.

If you want to do a boring, pathetic milking of the character and do a young version, make it a fucking young version. Making it THIS close to the original renders things laughably stupid. I can not suspend my disbelief enough to accept that THIS is han solo. It's just so fucking idiotic. You cant just tell me it's han solo and expect me to go, "hhmmm ok, looks and sounds nothing like him, but i guess if you say that's the beloved iconic character, then it is!".

I finally got around to Last Jedi couple weeks ago, good god there just isnt any talent driving these new Star Wars movies. I greatly enjoyed Rogue One cuz i found the OT linked story to be incredibly interesting and worthy of telling and it was awesome seeing this gritty rough side of the rebellion, however it was still heavily flawed especially on the weak character/development front. Force Awakens was a lazy, LAZY rehash/remake of New Hope. ANd Last Jedi, good lord, what a forgettable, cheesy, nonsensical mess. Then we have Solo, ugh.

It really is just a painful, pathetic, blatant milking of the franchise. Shameful.

Back