• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CasperGirl

http://www.crestviewbulletin.com/articles/sherwin-16353-police-told.html

Crestview soldier, fiance arrested after toddler, 2, dies

December 30, 2011 9:44 AM

By Paula Kelley | Crestview News Bulletin

An investigation into the death of a 2-year-old child has resulted in the arrest of a soldier with the 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne), along with the man's girlfriend.

Thursday afternoon members of the Crestview Police Department arrested the child's father, Grant Sherwin, 27, and his fiance, Nichole Marie Allen, 26, at their Crestview home on Pinellas Drive.

Both Sherwin and Allen have been charged with aggravated child abuse and neglect, police said. Additional charges are possible pending autopsy results, police said.

Sherwin is a supply sergeant with the 7th Special Forces Group.

Emergency crews responded to the couple's home just before 6:30 p.m. Wednesday and found Sherwin's son, Logan, blue and unresponsive and began administering CPR, police said.

The boy was transported to North Okaloosa Medical Center and flown by helicopter from there to Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola. He died shortly before 2 a.m. Thursday morning, Crestview Police Department Maj. Joseph Floyd said.

Emergency workers told police that when they found Logan, his body temperature was 91 degrees, that he was malnourished and had "numerous" bruises on his body.

Floyd said Sherwin told a responding officer that his son was potty trained, fell and hit his head while using the bathroom by himself. Investigators reported that they found the lid to the bathroom toilet broken in three pieces.

Emergency workers said Logan had a large bruise to his head and a cut to the inside of his lips.

Floyd said Sherwin told officers that his son is developmentally disabled and that falling is a "common issue" for him.

Furthermore, Floyd said, Sherwin told investigators that Allen fed Logan and his twin sister, Olivia, dinner at "approximately 6 p.m" and put them to bed in their rooms.

Sherwin reportedly told investigators Allen checked on both children 15 minutes to 20 minutes after she put them to bed.

Floyd said that Sherwin told police that Allen later turned Logan's light on and observed him in a "ridged, locked up state."

Sherwin told police that Allen brought Logan to the couch and called 911 and was told by the dispatcher how to begin performing CPR.

Olivia was placed protective services custody with the Department of Children and Families, Floyd said.

The real story is probably more along the lines that he is imperfect in your eyes and you didn't want an imperfect child so you neglected and abused him til he couldn't take it anymore and went to heaven so ya'll couldn't hurt him anymore.

I found more details on this story. I'll just copy and paste since it's faster and I have to go cry now. Poor little boy. I hate them so hard. Logan would have turned 3 in February.

"Floyd said there was little food and children's clothing at the home on Pinellas Drive and that the only thing in Logan's room was a mattress.

"The cabinets and the refrigerator were empty; no milk, no Sippy cups, no cookies, none of the things that a home with kids has," Floyd said. "There were no Christmas presents, no toys, no baby shampoo, no kids clothes; just a mattress laying on the floor and a blanket. It was strange."

Sherwin and Allen were booked into the Okaloosa County Jail where they were being held Friday without bond.

This reminds me of the case of a young cupole accused of harming their baby.they committed murder suicide. It turns out the child had a form of ms that make her bones soft and pron to damage. So i believe the father in this case. He called 911. (guilty people hide and delay that)Being poor is not guilty nor should the sparse belongings be a factor. They could have used other sources for food rather than a grocery store. Retarded children always have less toys than non-retarded children for a reason. The parents were tired of having to worry about him harming himself.

DD isn't the same as "retarded", I don't think. Been years since I've worked that or was educated about it. I have a younger cousin with cp and he was what I'd say DD is. Couldn't get around as good as even kids younger than he. He wasn't book smart but his wheels were well greased. My mother asked me once if he was retarded. Total wtf there but it was coming from a college educated, licensed nurse who was oblivious to the signs of sexual abuse. She was also a cunt.

Developmentally disabled and potty trained already at the age of 2? i very seriously doubt it. And there are plenty of places in this area for the family to get help with food and what not for the babies. Now I can see if maybe he just got stationed here not long ago why there is no furniture and all that. But there is no reason for there to be no food. And this man makes a comfortable living and gets assistance with bills for living off base. There is something else going on here. Other than the fact that they are both assholes for hurting this lil boy.

I found more details on this story. I'll just copy and paste since it's faster and I have to go cry now. Poor little boy. I hate them so hard. Logan would have turned 3 in February.

"Floyd said there was little food and children's clothing at the home on Pinellas Drive and that the only thing in Logan's room was a mattress.

"The cabinets and the refrigerator were empty; no milk, no Sippy cups, no cookies, none of the things that a home with kids has," Floyd said. "There were no Christmas presents, no toys, no baby shampoo, no kids clothes; just a mattress laying on the floor and a blanket. It was strange."

Sherwin and Allen were booked into the Okaloosa County Jail where they were being held Friday without bond.

Link?

They were denied bond.

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/articles/police-46337-child-release.html

— A couple arrested Thursday following the death of a 2-year-old child were formally charged Friday with aggravated child abuse and neglect.

Grant Sherwin, 27, and his fiancée, 26-year-old Nichole Allen, were charged when they made their first court appearance. They were denied bond and remain in the Okaloosa County Jail.

The couple were arrested Thursday night after Grant Sherwin’s 2-year-old son, Logan, died early that morning at Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola.

The boy was taken there Wednesday night after emergency crews responded to a 911 call from the couple’s home on Pinellas Drive. Crestview police say they were told Logan had a low body temperature, was malnourished and had numerous bruises.

Police Maj. Joey Floyd said Friday morning that the autopsy results would take at least two weeks because the medical examiner will test all the child's internal organs because of his malnourishment. Floyd said toxicology screenings also will be performed on the boy.

Investigators who worked the crime scene told Floyd that Sherwin’s and Allen’s home had an empty freezer, a refrigerator with only a sub sandwich kit, an open can of fruit and a can of cake icing. Some uncooked pasta and onions were the only food found in the cabinets or pantry.

Floyd said Logan had bruising on his forehead, the front and back of his lower legs and both arms. A scrape mark was found on the left side of his back and there was bruising to the spinal column area, he said.

The child’s ribcage protruded and there was a large bump was on the right front side of his head. Additional bruises were found near his left ear, the right side of his neck and on the tops of both feet. Floyd said other bruises on the child’s body were in varying states of healing.

Floyd said that during interviews Wednesday night, Sherwin said that Logan fell while playing in the yard about 4:30 p.m. and got a “fat lip.â€￾ Sherwin told investigators the boy cried a little but said he was OK and went back to play.

Floyd estimated the child weighed a little more than 20 pounds.

He said Sherwin told him that his son has “poor motor skillsâ€￾ which resulted in falls. However, he said the child was on no medication.

Floyd also said Sherwin told him that Allen was the primary caregiver for Logan and his twin sister, Olivia, while he was on duty with the Army 7th Special Forces Group.

He said Allen generally used a “time outâ€￾ to discipline the children.

Allen told investigators that she and Sherwin have lived together for about two years. She also told investigators that she had not spanked either child as a disciplinary measure in more than a year.

Olivia has been placed in protective custody with the state Department of Children and Families, according to Floyd

This reminds me of the case of a young cupole accused of harming their baby.they committed murder suicide. It turns out the child had a form of ms that make her bones soft and pron to damage. So i believe the father in this case. He called 911. (guilty people hide and delay that)Being poor is not guilty nor should the sparse belongings be a factor. They could have used other sources for food rather than a grocery store. Retarded children always have less toys than non-retarded children for a reason. The parents were tired of having to worry about him harming himself.

Guilty people call 911 all the fucking time. And i am poor as a motherfuck. But I have toys in my house for the kids, and food, and milk and cookies and a real bed with real bedding.

And you last two sentences really pissed me the fuck off. Retarded kids have less toys for a reason? So they won't hurt themselves? They deserve toys the same as any other kid, and maybe if the kid is that delayed they should pay fucking attention to him, and he wouldn't be "harming himself".

Ps-

Do you know how long it takes a dead person's body to get down to 91 degrees?? Hours. So they didn't call right away. And how is it that he was bruised all to shit? He do that on his own too?

Emergency workers told police that when they found Logan, his body temperature was 91 degrees, that he was malnourished and had "numerous" bruises on his body.

http://library.thinkquest.org/04oct/00206/text_ta_time_since_death.htm

Last edited:
He said Sherwin told him that his son has “poor motor skillsâ€￾ which resulted in falls. However, he said the child was on no medication.

Even if this was remotely true: it's because you were beating and starving him to death you fucktard "parents"!

There is a special place in Hell for people who starve children to death. These cases get me livid, they really do. My mother is an epileptic and she raised 3 children without any daddy to help. There is NO excuse for any parent to allow their children to suffer like this.

I knew Grant fairly well all through High School. I could never picture him doing anything like this, he was always fun and outgoing. But I guess people change and from what I have heard and seen this is not the first time he has been involved with this. Im waiting to see how all this turns out in court, but from what has happened the last few child abuse and murder cases I am not expecting much. All these parents are getting let off and leaving the door open for more and more people to slide through without any punishment. It really makes me sick!

A charge of aggravated battery filed in December against a couple has been upgraded to homicide.

Grant Sherwin, 28, and his fiancée, 27-year-old Nicole Allen, also now face numerous counts of child neglect.
[...]

Allen now faces 22 counts of child neglect and Sherwin faces 16 counts of child neglect for their alleged abuse of Logan and his 3-year-old sister. The original charge of aggravated battery against them has been replaced by the homicide charge.
[...]

Sherwin and Allen are scheduled to appear for a court hearing Oct. 17. A trial date has been set for Oct. 22.
http://nwfdailynews.com/local-news/couple-charged-with-homicide-in-death-of-2-year-old-boy-1.21482

Floyd said Sherwin told a responding officer that his son was potty trained, fell and hit his head while using the bathroom by himself. Investigators reported that they found the lid to the bathroom toilet broken in three pieces.

5flypx.jpg

Seriously douchebag? The toilet is a new one for me, I probably don't even want to know what they did to him to break the lid into 3 pieces .... I would like to give them both swirlies until they drown.

I am wondering if you people have lives? Do you have nothing better to do then become judge and jury for people that you don't know about circumstances that you have no idea about. I am broken hearted at the loss of Logan, he will be dearly missed. None of you know what happened and need to let Logan rest in peace.

If you abuse, in any way, shape, or form, any child, developmentally disabled or not, even if, in your warped mind, they seemingly "deserve" it, you have forfeited your privilege to not be judged. Sorry. I can let a lot of shit slide, but if that's the crap you're up to, you better believe I'm going to say something. Let me guess- only God can judge him. He was such a good father. He'd never hurt that baby. He was always so good tempered.

Oh yeah? Well that baby died suffering, and he didn't do it to himself.

Says the person that dug up a story that hasn't been commented on since October of 2012.

I can tell you why this story was dug back up.

Man pleads no contest in death of 2-year-old son

By LAUREN DELGADO / Daily News
Published: Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 19:59 PM.

CRESTVIEW — A man has pleaded no contest to four counts of child neglect and one count of homicide in connection with the death of his 2-year-old son in 2011.

Grant Sherwin, 29, still faces one count of cruelty toward a child without great harm and 10 counts of child neglect for the alleged abuse of his son Logan and his twin sister.

Sherwin and his fiancee, Nicole Allen, were arrested Dec. 29, 2011, after Logan died at Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola.

[...]

Sherwin entered his no-contest plea Jan. 30, according to court records. He will be sentenced March 27.

More

--Al

Last edited:
I am wondering if you people have lives?

SOME of them have lives. THEY are the ones who raise children WITHOUT beating the snot out of them and blaming it on the toilet, tub, stairs, floors, beds... what else am I missing? Eh, regardless, they take responsibility for their actions IF something bad happens.

CORRECTION: A Feb. 17 story on Grant Sherwin inaccurately stated he pleaded no contest to one charge of homicide and four counts of child neglect. He pleaded no contest to one count of child abuse without great bodily harm (reduced from aggravated child abuse) and 12 counts of child neglect. The homicide charge and four child neglect charges were dismissed.

More

--Al

At first I was on the fence about which parent was the actual abuser, I figured the guy actually did it and the girlfriend
was perhaps too mentally disabled and/or abused herself, but a few things I've gleaned about her from insiders changed my opinion:

A few cute details about Nichole Marie Allen, from inside sources:

Homestead Correctional Institution basically belongs to her... she refers to it as "my compound".
Has a cushy job as paralegal and has ingratiated herself to staff and inmates, except those she targets.
Has had this job long past institutional policy, which calls for rotation to avoid overfamiliarity.
Seems to have immense pull with the staff, even a kind of authority.
Refers to her sphere of influence as her "Hoola Hoop".
Is emotionally abusive, coercive, manipulating, ruthless, gets whatever she wants.
Is loudly and publicly racist.
Has the clout to have anyone moved to another institution.
Has driven an ex-lover to suicide.
Has been overheard planning murder against certain targets on the outside and inside.

Imprisonment hasn't put a stop to her cruelty, only changed the venue.

At first I was on the fence about which parent was the actual abuser, I figured the guy actually did it and the girlfriend
was perhaps too mentally disabled and/or abused herself, but a few things I've gleaned about her from insiders changed my opinion:

Homestead Correctional Institution basically belongs to her... she refers to it as "my compound".
Has a cushy job as paralegal and has ingratiated herself to staff and inmates, except those she targets.
Has had this job long past institutional policy, which calls for rotation to avoid overfamiliarity.
Is emotionally abusive, coercive, manipulating, ruthless, gets whatever she wants.
Has been overheard planning murder against certain targets on the outside and inside.

Wow. How do you know all this inside information?

any inside goss on him?

Back