• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1565705962727.png

AUGUST 12--Meet Kenneth Atkins and Ashley Edwards.

The Florida couple was in their Bradenton home late Tuesday evening when Edwards wanted to “role play” with her boyfriend.

Specifically, Edwards, 35, told cops she wanted to play “slave and slaver because she is African American and he is Caucasian,” according to a probable cause affidavit.

Atkins, however, “did not wish to partake” in the proposed slave/master role play and he became “verbally aggressive.” During the argument that ensued, the 37-year-old Atkins allegedly spit in Edwards’s face.

slaveslaverexc.jpg

When police subsequently arrived at the pair’s home around 11 PM, Atkins “denied the allegations and/or any other physical confrontation.” Edwards, who was not injured, refused to provide cops with a sworn affidavit and said that she did not want her boyfriend jailed.

Atkins was arrested for misdemeanor battery and booked into the county jail, from which he was released the following day. He is scheduled for arraignment on September 9.

Atkins’s lengthy rap sheet includes convictions for grand theft; burglary; battery; loitering; violating probation; and narcotics possession. In May, he was arrested on a felony grand theft charge for allegedly stealing merchandise from Walmart. He has been free on $1500 bond in that case, which is pending.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the world neutered police force. I think the domestic law (rule) that "Someone has to go to jail" almost always defaults to "it's the guys fault" .

I get the law, and what they want to accomplish, but sometimes it's BS.
I thought that only applied when the cops could see visible injuries? Spit doesnt counts as a biohazard with someone you've consented to swap other bodily fluids with :beaver:

I'm a little confused why the dude was arrested when all he did was spit and yell at her. She was unhurt and refused to give a formal statement. If it had been reversed roles with the dude asking for racist roleplay and the woman spitting and yelling I doubt she'd have been arrested...
Meh, maybe that was the case in the past, but women get arrested for dumb shit now too. Cops seem pretty comfortable arresting whomever they please.

Then there's the lady who got charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon for throwing a coconut in the general direction of a guy who was filming her...

Just saying... Check your perception. Confirmation bias affects everyone.

Just saying... Check your perception. Confirmation bias affects everyone.
I'll get right on that!

Now that Ive checked my perception I can tell you that the first link, the husband did in fact give an affidavit to police and the second link..stripper threw a fucking coconut at a dude who, mistakenly, called her a lady. You missed the part were both parties in this story refused to give an affidavit and the part that the "victim" said she didnt want him to be charged were in your stories both victims gave statements against them.

Just to make this even more fun I actually looked up the law. Florida law doesn't require that police arrest anyone in a domestic dispute, even if they have injuries. In fact they are against people being arrested unless necessary. Thing is if you look closely..not arresting anyone requires more paperwork than arresting one..and if you arrest both it requires even more paperwork. Dude was doing himself a solid by lightening his end of shift paperwork

I'll get right on that!

Now that Ive checked my perception I can tell you that the first link, the husband did in fact give an affidavit to police and the second link..stripper threw a fucking coconut at a dude who, mistakenly, called her a lady. You missed the part were both parties in this story refused to give an affidavit and the part that the "victim" said she didnt want him to be charged were in your stories both victims gave statements against them.

Just to make this even more fun I actually looked up the law. Florida law doesn't require that police arrest anyone in a domestic dispute, even if they have injuries. In fact they are against people being arrested unless necessary. Thing is if you look closely..not arresting anyone requires more paperwork than arresting one..and if you arrest both it requires even more paperwork. Dude was doing himself a solid by lightening his end of shift paperwork

I'm not saying this guy deserved to be arrested, or that the women in the articles i posted didn't deserve to be arrested. I'm merely suggesting that I wouldn't use this particular incident as evidence to support your preexisting bias that police commonly let women get away with actions for which men would be arrested.

And evidently we're in agreement that, as I said, most cops seem to be perfectly comfortable arresting whomever they please ;)

Last edited:
I don't want to rain on their kink parade but I doubt a Walmart shoplifter would be in a position to own slaves. The fantasy would seem so inauthentic.

"uhhh I'll be Todd Jefferson or something and you can be my slave lover chick"

"it's Thomas Jefferson you dumbass, and you just killed the mood! Now go steal me a brighter shade of blue eyeshadow!"

Back