• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ells9824

Bold Member!
Police have arrested 50 people after mobs of youths torched cars and lobbed rocks at officers and firefighters in a sixth night of violence in Danish cities.

Some say immigrant youths were protesting alleged police harassment, and that the reprinting of a controversial cartoon lampooning the Prophet Muhammad aggravated the situation.

On Wednesday, more than a dozen Danish newspapers reprinted the Muhammad cartoon that sparked massive protests in Muslim countries two years ago.

They called it a gesture of solidarity after police revealed an alleged plot to kill the cartoonist.

The republication sparked more protests. In Pakistan, hundreds of protesters set fire Friday to Danish flags and demanded the Danish ambassador's expulsion.

http://tinyurl.com/2w67zq

pork deprivation-

Hahaha!

I hope you meant that as a double entendre. Funny either way, but I think you are right if you meant what I'm hoping you meant.

Muslim men are all going through the same shit the NIU shooter was going through. Not enough pussy. As soon as the burqas come off, their religion will become half as violent.

Once again, women are at fault. Right?

vitamin p is mighty nourishing-to be sure.

fling wide the alabaster gates and let the famished gorge
and the serpent shall shudder and weep whey
and live to hunt another day

This isn't what I would call surprising. Islam, even in the Koran, advocates violence and warmongering. I mean Eurabian Muslim protest signs speak for themselves:

Yeah, but the Old Testament suggests stoning your children to death, having slaves, and killing non-virgins on their wedding night. Why aren't Christians just as bad?

I wonder if the violence is innate, and the Koran is used for the rationalization of the violence. If you look at the culture that the Muslim faith has existed in, it has rewarded ruthlessness above all else. Tribalism. In-grouping and out-grouping.

I think cultures have their morality first, and then go looking for it in their books. Why do Christians hate gays and yet work on Sundays? The selective reading means that they are still making the moral choices, not the book or any God.

Yeah, but the Old Testament suggests stoning your children to death, having slaves, and killing non-virgins on their wedding night. Why aren't Christians just as bad?

I wonder if the violence is innate, and the Koran is used for the rationalization of the violence. If you look at the culture that the Muslim faith has existed in, it has rewarded ruthlessness above all else. Tribalism. In-grouping and out-grouping.

I think cultures have their morality first, and then go looking for it in their books. Why do Christians hate gays and yet work on Sundays? The selective reading means that they are still making the moral choices, not the book or any God.

There is a slight issue with your Old Testament theory. As the laws set forth were given to the Jews by God (according to longstanding theological understanding), they have not ever been followed by Christians as binding rules. And, even among Jews, the Torah holds little weight. Jewish law is based entirely on rabbinical law, which heavily restricts murder in any capacity, including in the use of a death penalty. In other words, there are strong theological restrictions on the sort of behavior that Islam evolved to require.

I do see your point about tribalism, and think there is some validity to it. But we can't fully write off the religious element either.

There is a slight issue with your Old Testament theory. As the laws set forth were given to the Jews by God (according to longstanding theological understanding), they have not ever been followed by Christians as binding rules. And, even among Jews, the Torah holds little weight. Jewish law is based entirely on rabbinical law, which heavily restricts murder in any capacity, including in the use of a death penalty. In other words, there are strong theological restrictions on the sort of behavior that Islam evolved to require.

I do see your point about tribalism, and think there is some validity to it. But we can't fully write off the religious element either.

I agree. I just don't see how you can condemn gays, and then ignore the rules that precede and follow. It has to be all or none. Because Christians have very much followed OT rules as binding. The 10 commandments are the oft-hyped foundation for their moral philosophy.

I wish they lived by the NT. It would put an end to their hypocrisy and make them better people.

i'm on such a different page that i can't in all seriousness discuss your statement.
it is not so simple as all that.

you speak with conviction but there is no depth of understanding-eh.

tis good that you question and seek-an endless journey that you should never abandon.

peel the onion slowly and do not throw the layers away

forgive me for making light of your comment

i'm on such a different page that i can't in all seriousness discuss your statement.
it is not so simple as all that.

you speak with conviction but there is no depth of understanding-eh.

tis good that you question and seek-an endless journey that you should never abandon.

peel the onion slowly and do not throw the layers away

forgive me for making light of your comment

Again, I can't make heads or tails of what you are saying here.

On-topic, I was reading some more reports on these riots, and it is comical how far the writers go out of their way to not use the word "Muslim". They will say that "youths" are rioting in "heavily immigrant" neighborhoods. You keep reading wondering if your area is safe or not before they finally get to the point where they say the rioting "might" have "something" to do with obscene cartoons featuring Mohammad.

Sample:

A wave of vandalism has continued across Denmark for a seventh consecutive night, officials have said.

Thirteen people were arrested on suspicion of vandalising and torching schools, cars and rubbish containers, with 93 small fires burning overnight, police said.

The unrest - largely in immigrant neighbourhoods - has spread through Copenhagen and across Denmark.

Police are unsure what triggered the violence but some say youths from Denmark's immigrant communities were protesting against perceived police harassment, and suggested Wednesday's reprinting of a cartoon lampooning Mohammed may have aggravated the situation.

"Many people also think it's because the youths are bored," police spokesman Jan Marker said. "We're in the process of putting a profile of these youngsters together to see if we can come up with what is driving them. ... But the only thing we know for sure right now is that most of them are under 18."

Most of the unrest was reported in Copenhagen, particularly in the south-west, Mr Marker said.

Ten buildings were set on fire, of which at least five were schools. Parts of a school in Tingbjerg in Copenhagen was demolished after flames tore through staff rooms and other administrative offices.

"But the general picture is that it looks calmer," Mr Marker said. "It's not as bad as the previous night. It could be because of the arrests we've made."

I wish they lived by the NT. It would put an end to their hypocrisy and make them better people.

well-for starters-it's a bit simple to think those dang christians would turn a new leaf if they just abided by the new testiment.

"put an end to their hypocrisy and make them better people"?

haysus-why don't we all just follow the teachings of the teletubbies-that should MAKE
us "better" people.

hahahha-let us walk thru the valley of the shadow of death-but we shall fear no evil cause swivle be beside us, his rod and staff shall lull us into a false sense of security.

i'm laying down with a lamb as we speak.

the yard? the lunatics are in my head..

We could start you a thread of your very own if you like. A nice, safe place where you can say whatever comes to mind.

How would you like that, taint? We just want you to be happy.

happy as a wee clam-thanks vera much for thinking of me though.

i say what i want to myself the day long-sharing my pearls of wisdom
with the likes of you is perhaps one of my many callings in life-

when people agree with me i always feel that i must be wrong-

oscar wilde

happy as a wee clam-thanks vera much for thinking of me though.

i say what i want to myself the day long-sharing my pearls of wisdom
with the likes of you is perhaps one of my many callings in life-

when people agree with me i always feel that i must be wrong-

oscar wilde

YOU ARE OSCAR WILDE!!!!???!??!!

Holy shit! That is so fucking cool. I have so many questions for you.

What is it like to be dead? Is it as bad as everyone makes it out to be?
Are you bitter that you died penniless and with no friends?
Are you still gay?

Welcome to DreaminDemon! We thought you were weird for not understanding the "Shift" key, but I guess computers are new to you, right? And now I understand why you sound complete-batshit-crazy! You are Oscar Wilde! You ARE batshit crazy!

Goddamn, this is so fucking cool. I really hope you are Oscar Wilde. I hope it isn't just some confusion due to your inability to use punctuation.

The typewriting machine, when played with expression, is no more annoying than the piano when played by a sister or near relation.

yes dear boy-i am still alive and thriving. obviously you havnt read the portrait of dorian grey-hmmm. tsk.

I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again.

ow

Back